What's new

Indian General Elections - 2014

Whom will you Vote for in 2014 General Elections??

• Total voters
Bihar could get special status, Nitish in UPA fold soon? | Firstpost

What this means:

1. UPA will change the criteria for judging backwardness (where hilly areas were generally identified as backward) to make the favor for Bihar & soon JDU may join UPA.

2. Debt relief will be given to states like WB to woo Mamata (TMC).

@KRAIT @ashok321 @ other Indians

I think BJP should kick out opportunistic Parties from NDA & openly declare NaMo as PM candidate.

This is really PATHETIC politics at best.

Where will this Regionalism & Vote Bank Politics lead us to & our country???

I really hate congress on this issue, always playing DIVISIVE politics.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Nitish goes out of NDA, then i am really surprised, is JD(U) will fight with in alignment with Lalu,Paswan and Congress Party.
In one way, it is good too...In Hindi belt BJP should always prioritization itself to fight alone...They may get less seat but it will give stability to tha party

@Joe Shearer; sir what are your thoughts about the upcoming general elections

The Congress will lose seats, the BJP will lose more seats, regional parties will gain. Either this time, or the next time, there will be a non-Congress, non-BJP government at the centre.

Relax guys...You have yet to see the drama and entry of Modi have changed dynamics of politics here.
Dont speculate anything for atleast 6 months.

What this means:

1. UPA will change the criteria for judging backwardness (where hilly areas were generally identified as backward) to make the favor for Bihar & soon JDU may join UPA.

I think BJP should kick out opportunistic Parties from NDA & openly declare NaMo as PM candidate.

By the way for which reason you will like congress?
in other thread you were asking person not to be biased. But dude here you are hating a party. There even thoug number shows clearly that they top in proposing criminals to assembly. You dont want to name them goon party. You are saying people have a choice not to vote...then you said goons are there in all the party so it is ok.

you declare congress is the corrupt party, if i show corruption in BJP you say chose less evil party(Even though they ruled country once, that opportunity also they dint lose. their party president of that time used that opertunity to go to jail!. In karnatka also same.). Now i am asking you to chose the party which elects less goons.

Morover most of the corruption congress was not responsible, ally parties are responsible. Next time vote congress itself so that these allies can be thot a lesson. What do u say?

What did your beloved leaders involvement in 15K cr scam you forgot, still you want him to lead this country?

Relax guys...You have yet to see the drama and entry of Modi have changed dynamics of politics here.

12-15 months earlier nobody in their wildest dream could have thought Modi who was considered politically untouchable that time would dramatically rise to become the most favoured PM candidate

. Either this time, or the next time, there will be a non-Congress, non-BJP government at the centre.

I meant for which party are you gonna vote in next General Elections

By the way for which reason you will like congress?
in other thread you were asking person not to be biased. But dude here you are hating a party. There even thoug number shows clearly that they top in proposing criminals to assembly. You dont want to name them goon party. You are saying people have a choice not to vote...then you said goons are there in all the party so it is ok.

you declare congress is the corrupt party, if i show corruption in BJP you say chose less evil party(Even though they ruled country once, that opportunity also they dint lose. their party president of that time used that opertunity to go to jail!. In karnatka also same.). Now i am asking you to chose the party which elects less goons.

Morover most of the corruption congress was not responsible, ally parties are responsible. Next time vote congress itself so that these allies can be thot a lesson. What do u say?

What did your beloved leaders involvement in 15K cr scam you forgot, still you want him to lead this country?

YES I am BIASED, HAPPY??

Please don't quote me next time.

BTW, read the post which i made in another thread - I said to him that he should not be biased in his OP post, I have no objection to his biases if displayed after the OP post/thread title.

Request you to read the first post of this thread. I remained as NEUTRAL as possible.

Have I ever started a thread bashing congress??

while I have full right to write my opinion in the posts, do you have OBJECTION to even that??

Again, Pls don't quote me in the future, lets agree to disagree here.

Thank You.

12-15 months earlier nobody in their wildest dream could have thought Modi who was considered politically untouchable that time would dramatically rise to become the most favoured PM candidate

BJP have to do something extra ordinary this time or MODI have to do something different with in short time.The looser of 2014 will be out from power for atleast 10 more years so BJP will be looser or will be removed as national party.

Modi will always have

shiv sena

JDU

MNS

AIDMK

BJD

SAD

INLD

Mayawati and mamta are possibilities if BJP have numbers.

YES I am BIASED, HAPPY??

Please don't quote me next time.

BTW, read the post which i made in another thread - I said to him that he should not be biased in his OP post, I have no objection to his biases if displayed after the OP post/thread title.

Request you to read the first post of this thread. I remained as NEUTRAL as possible.

Have I ever started a thread bashing congress??

while I have full right to write my opinion in the posts, do you have OBJECTION to even that??

Again, Pls don't quote me in the future, lets agree to disagree here.

Thank You.

You dont create thread bashing congress may be. But you never responded either when the post in this thread is too silly and too much against congress. But if it is against BJP then....? Otherday u accused me of already made my mind that i will vote congress. But what about you?

I have full rights to respond to comment which i think gives wrong information. You can always ignore the reply.

He is the same CM, who shouted, Learn from Gujarat, we are passing surplus budget. How his budget was defictit? He took lon of 15k Cr to balance his 11kcr and remaining 3-4kCr showed as savings!!:cheesy:

After he took over debt more than trippled.

Recent debt news from Gujarat:
Gujarat

Gandhinagar: The state government’s debt has increased to a staggering Rs.1.35 lakh crore as of January 2013, the government disclosed in the assembly on February 28.

The state’s total debt was Rs.1.23 lakh crore as of April 1, 2012, which means it went up by more than Rs.12,500 crore in just 10 months.

The interest outgo on the debt would be more than Rs.10,000 crore. The Center has extended loan of Rs.8,414 crore to the state government.

Figures provided by Finance Minister Nitin Patel in the assembly show that the government’s debt has zoomed in the recent years. The debt stood at Rs. 98,010 crore at the end of 2009-10, which rose to Rs.1.10 lakh crore in 2010-11 and to Rs.1.23 lakh crore in 2011-12.
The data also shows the huge outgo of the government for servicing of the loans.

“The government paid interest of Rs.7,703 crore in 2009-10, Rs.8,562 crore in 2010-11 and Rs.9,840 crore in 2011-12,”Patel said. The reply also said that the debts accrued by the government were well within the permitted limits.

What this means:

I've been saying this for some time, BJP would do well to fight alone in Bihar. I'm certain Modi's candidature to PM's post will never be supported by Nitish and hence what is the point of going into an alliance. What it will also do is to send a strong message to allies in NDA.
well for Congress, it all started with Union budget, isn't it when PC sent feelers to Nitish. but the moot point that remains here for BJP to ponder is why is it sticking with an ally that is already showing displeasure with its likely choices, such a person/party cannot be a reliale partner in future. Why not call it quits at this juncture.

Gujarat to use Rs19K cr loan to pay off old debts - Ahmedabad - DNA

The Gujarat Model:

Three out of every four rupees the state government takes as loan in the coming financial year, will be spent on servicing existing debts, documents tabled by the government in the assembly show.

The government plans to raise fresh loans of Rs26,009 crore in 2013-14. Of this amount, Rs6,218 crore will be used to repay the principal amount of existing debts, while Rs13,659 crore will be to pay interest on the debts.

Thus, with Rs19,877 crore already having been provisioned for — this works out at more than 76% of the new debt — the government will be left with little over Rs6,100 crore (of the fresh loans availed) to spend on developmental projects.

The Narendra Modi government has defended the spike in the state’s debt in recent years saying it is well within the permissible limits. It has also argued that the higher debt is on account of increased spending on developmental projects. However, its own figures seem to contradict this claim.

What is more worrying is that the year 2013-14 is hardly an exception as this seems to have become a trend in the past few years. However, in the government’s defence, the ratio of 76% is the lowest in years.

In the current year, i.e. 2012-13, the total debt accrued was Rs22,110 crore, of which Rs18,774 crore, almost 85%, was used for servicing current loans.

In 2011-12, the state government had accumulated debt of Rs17,535 crore, of which Rs16,209 crore, a staggering 92%, were spent on servicing the existing debts. The corresponding figures in 2009-10 and 2010-11 were also more than 80%.

If the government’s projections are anything to go by, this trend could continue in the years to come as the state’s debt is expected to touch Rs2.07 lakh crore by 2015-16.

I've been saying this for some time, BJP would do well to fight alone in Bihar. I'm certain Modi's candidature to PM's post will never be supported by Nitish and hence what is the point of going into an alliance. What it will also do is to send a strong message to allies in NDA.
well for Congress, it all started with Union budget, isn't it when PC sent feelers to Nitish. but the moot point that remains here for BJP to ponder is why is it sticking with an ally that is already showing displeasure with its likely choices, such a person/party cannot be a reliale partner in future. Why not call it quits at this juncture.

Dont get played up with hype by Media on Nitish and Modi.

Modi have praised bihar and biharis at several occasion and never spoke against nitish.
Even i can show u the comments of sushil modi on issue and he clearly say that " Did nitish come in open against modi ever? ""

Back
Top Bottom