What's new

Indian General Elections - 2014

Whom will you Vote for in 2014 General Elections??

• Total voters
British muslim leader backs Modi after Wharton snub

Gujarat chief minster Narendra Modi, who is red-faced over the Wharton snub, has found massive support from an influential Indian Muslim in Britain.

Lord Adam Patel, who is from Bharuch in Gujarat and a Labour member of the House of Lords, has described the US business school's denial to Modi's speech as a blow to intellectual freedom on the campus.

"The issue here is not Modi's free speech… the free speech issue here has to do with the students who in their wisdom chose to listen to Modi but were denied so because of a motley group of activist faculty members," Patel, a successful businessman who lives in the northern town of Blackburn, said in an open letter. "By opposing Modi's visit to Wharton, people are only strengthening the hands of the enemies of justice..."

A copy of the letter, sources said, is being sent to Wharton and also to Modi, whom he had met in January. Though not totally absolving Modi of the 2002 riots, Patel suggested that the way to ensure justice is to engage with Modi "who tasted victory not once but thrice at the hustings." Patel's line echoes that of the British government's.

"Like every politician, Modi can't be seen only in black and white. There are shades of grey, which if one does not accept in totality must debate and critique with reasoning...," he said. "As a Gujarati myself, I consider it to be a gross insult that the CM of my state, however, wronged one might feel he is, cannot express his views at a global forum because a few in the audience dislike him."

Patel used to be a vocal Modi critic, but began moderating his views some years ago, earning him the wrath of Modi's opponents, including members of an organisation that he helped found - Council of Indian Muslims. It has sought an explanation for his meeting with Modi.

British muslim leader backs Modi after Wharton snub - Hindustan Times

BJP plans nationwide yatra to project Narendra Modi

Bowing before the immense popularity and control over party cadre enjoyed by Narendra Modi, central leadership of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has decided to start a nationwide yatra with Gujarat chief minister leading the campaign to consolidate the voters.

Although BJP leaders have decided that they will not announce name of the Prime Ministerial candidate of the party led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) before the general election, the yatra is expected to project Modi at the national level leaving no doubt in the minds of the voters that the Gujarat chief minister will lead the party if BJP comes to power in the 2014 Lok Sabha election.

“The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has decided to send Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi to different states to help mobiles voters and project him at the national level.
The public address at the Shree Ram College of Commerce (SRCC) in February was just the first step in that direction,” said a senior leader of BJP who is in the know of the development. The BJP leader said that party leaders have yet not decided from which state to start the campaign.

While the central leadership of BJP is not unanimous in the decision, but most of the senior leaders, including Rajnath Singh, BJP President and Arun Jaitley, Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha, M Venkaiah Naidu, former BJP President have all given a go ahead for the plan hoping to encash the popularity of Modi to help BJP regain power in Lok Sabha election. Both Singh and Jaitley believe that Modi is the most popular leader of the party.

After running a government for six years, BJP has been out of power since April 2004 when Congress party led by Sonia Gandhi, UPA chairperson, won the election defeating former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.

The BJP leadership is also on the lookout for a suitable Lok Sabha seat for Modi which will benefit the party most. One of the options before BJP is that Modi should contest from Lucknow, the seat from where Atal Bihari Vajpayee used to contest. The sitting Member of Parliament (MP) from Lucknow, Lalji Tandon has already said that if Modi wants to contest from Lucknow, he would take back his claim on the seat.

BJP leaders have, so far, not finalised the seat from which Modi would finally contest the election because apart from Lucknow, there are other Lok Sabha seats in Uttar Pradesh which the BJP leaders are considering to field Modi. BJP leaders believe that with 80 Lok Sabha seats in Uttar Pradesh, Modi’s popularity would help BJP win considerable number of seats. BJP has only 10 seats from the state at present.

The other option being considered by central leaders is Rajasthan where BJP has only 4 Lok Sabha seats out of 25. BJP leaders believe that if Modi is made to contest from the state, the party will perform considerably better. BJP leadership is convinced that Modi’s popularity in Gujarat will help the party perform well in the state even if Modi is asked contest outside the state. Gujarat has 26 seats and BJP already has 15 seats in its pocket.

BJP plans nationwide yatra to project Narendra Modi | Business Standard

@arp2041 Lets spread the message and ask all friends of ours to support Modi when he comes to our cities. I am lucky, he will come to Jaipur, as we have Congress govt. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I Am Not Cutting BJP's Vote, It Is Cutting Myne - Arvind Kejriwal

Start from 19 minutes.

"I am not cutting BJP's vote, it is cutting myne, tell BJP not to declare any candidates & we will win"

:omghaha:

P.S. Please watch entire video if you can.

again, not letting me vote in this poll :angry: . hope the people elect someone different this time. not the tried and tested parties which have, by and large, delivered f**k all the past 60 years. give grassroots parties intent on changing the corrupt culture, with emphasis on providing food, clothing, proper shelter to the lowest rungs that lack it rather than mindless urbanization, a chance for once. just try it and see what happens.

also hope that whoever comes to power next year will be wise enough to decentralize political power and practice non-interference in state affairs that kashmir and the north east so desire. it's the only way to win the confidence and happiness of those that have faced injustice there.

I am a little less computer savvy in this forum but have great interest to debate. I can only post thanks and reply to thread.Can some body let me know the following.

1. How to start a new thread/topic?
2. How to edit a reply after posting?
3. How to choose your friends?

It will be very helpful to me and a lot of thanks to those who will reply.

NEW DELHI: Using the platform of a massive show of strength in Delhi through his Adhikar rally demanding special status for his state, Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar on Sunday signalled that he would continue in NDA on his own terms and possibly make moves to forge an anti-Congress, non-BJP alliance even as he challenged NarendraModi's claim of being the best leader to deliver development. It was also an assertion of his own position in the 2014 polls where, as a swing player, he could rearrange the political chessboard.

Addressing the rally, Kumar said no government could be formed at the Centre without the help of backward states such as Bihar, West Bengal and Odisha. The absence of any reference to NDA during the address was conspicuous, suggesting that he was ready to bargain in the 2014 polls on the basis of his demand for special status to Bihar.

"We are happy that UPA government has agreed in-principle to grant our demand. But now we want it to be implemented soon. Do it now or it will be inevitable after 2014 elections. Only he who holds the hands of backward states (Bihar, Odisha and West Bengal) will sit in Delhi," Kumar said, his statement reflecting a desire for a degree of flexibility which is not available to a committed member of a coalition.

Kumar's statements came in the backdrop of Modi's likely projection as BJP's prime ministerial candidate after the Karnataka assembly elections and equally strong signs that Kumar would walk out of NDA in such a scenario. Kumar, who has earlier expressed reservations about Modi in no uncertain terms, also used the occasion to challenge the Gujarat CM's model of development.

"We will leave everyone behind and move ahead with development. And we will present a model before the world. These days development model is being discussed. We stand for inclusive growth. This model is what takes along everyone together. This is the real development model of India. Be it Hindu, Muslim, backward caste, dalits, women or men, everyone should develop together," Kumar said in a clear reference to Modi's reluctance to take special measures for minorities and Gujarat's poor record on human development indices.

The comments came a day after Modi showcased his growth story in front of a fawning, elite audience in Delhi.

Interestingly, the rally saw leader after leader from JD(U) calling Kumar 'Vikas purush' (development man) - a moniker appropriated by Modi in the recent past. The Bihar CM too went beyond his state, talking about how India could overtake China in development through inclusive growth and that his idea of development was not limited to urban areas.

Even at the rally, subtle signals were given about inclusion and secularism with several Muslim supporters lined up in the front row, a prayer sung in Urdu and a placard thanking Bihar government for providing land to Aligarh Muslim University that Kumar did not forget to mention.

Kumar used the rally to also keep the option of a non-Congress, non-BJP alternative open for the general elections. Broadly hinting at a coalition of backward states, he said, "This is not a fight for Bihar but for all backward states. When all backward classes join hands with Biharis, who will rule Delhi (you can imagine)." JD(U) leader Shivanand Tiwari, speaking on the sidelines of the rally, only added to the speculation saying, "Backward states elect 291 MPs. Their demands can't be neglected."

The desire to forge a front of backward states (with West Bengal and Odisha) goes beyond the similarities of economic situation and takes into account a shared feeling of opposition to the Congress and inability to go with the BJP given the minority vote constituency in all these states (West Bengal has 30% minority votes). As a secular satrap, Kumar hopes to attract such forces.

The massive rally also underlined Kumar's success in grafting a pan-Bihar platform that cuts through the state's notorious caste divisions. Bihar's backwardness and demand for special status is an age old issue and has been revived by Kumar for precisely this purpose -- an imperative for a leader coming from a numerically weak caste as against the martial Yadavs, his rival Lalu Prasad's core constituency. Although JD(U) sources said the rally was not for any partisan purpose, it reassures Kumar of a constituency on the development plank.

JD(U) leader Sanjay Jha said, "The success of the rally shows that the Centre can ignore Bihar's demand at its own peril. This is not a political move but a call for Bihar's growth. Political subtext should not be read into this."

The confidence in such statements was only a reflection of how successful the rally had turned out to be. By the time Kumar arrived, Ramlila Maidan, one of the biggest grounds in Delhi where several political rallies including JP movement's mammoth rally in 1975 and Anna Hazare's anti-corruption crusade in 2011 have been held, was packed to the rafters with people climbing on to trees and craning their necks to catch a glimpse of their leader. Even conservative estimates put the crowd at over 50,000 although JD(U) claimed it to be over 1 lakh.

19018948.cms

Nitish Kumar takes on Narendra Modi; hints at anti-Congress, non-BJP alliance in 2014 - The Times of India

With Nitish singing a different tune, it is highly likely that NDA will have a same look as it had in previous LS polls. However it has some implications most important of which is that there may be sufficient hints to Nitish from BJP that they are going ahead with Modi as their choice for PM candidate. Secondly, if Nitish repeats his performance in next LS polls, he may have good chance of becoming a king-maker especially if the verdict is fractured (quite likely scenario).

1. How to start a new thread/topic?

You have to become a full member ( 50 posts IIRC) to start a thread.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/forum-book/237400-how-create-thread-topic-pdf.html

2. How to edit a reply after posting?

Only possible for senior members .

3. How to choose your friends?

If you are asking about sending friendship request ,

Go to the members Profile Page ,below the profile picture there is a Add as Friend choice , Click it.

To all Congress Supporters,

What Congress has done for millions of Kashmiri Pundits ?

What Congress has done against millions of illegal immigrants from Bangladesh ?

What Congress has done against over 50 riots in UP, West Bengal, Assam etc. happened in past few years ?

What Congress has done against the Black Money case and Billions of Dollars worth of Corruption in last decade ?

@doublemaster

@KRAIT....You are just trying to make a futile attempt to appease a Congi supporters...It is of no value...Because....for them...they think it is more important to make prayer every day on street....or like those BS commies...who made West Bengal who are at one time the shine of India to one of most underdeveloped state of India, rather to aspire something positive and modern....
You are just wasting your time...Because they always find reason to prove themselves....And you can not justify and proove to people who donot want to progress rather than to stay in primitive age....

Spare me extended lectures. I don't need to know aboout your 'point of view' or personal opinions. Just the figures. Source means- yes neutral, but also which a lot of us can associate as being credible. Your particular source, apart from being little known, has given a multiple of TEN. How would you feel if someone told you- Bill Gates is the richest man in the world- He has wealth between 5 Billion to 50 Billion. And also give me a link that contains content that accuses Rajiv Gandhi (not just some pictire that can be photoshopped. And if that 'expose' was in early 90s, remember BJP was in power starting 1998 and were always keen on stewing Rajiv on Corruption (including baseless Bofors allegations). Howcome something as supposedly concrete as this was not used by them to finish cogress once and for all?

And yet majority of hindus vote for congress- traditionally people who detract (like you) have only been in the fringes and remained in the fringes.

Exactly....who else can we blame than ourselvesonly....This is the same traditional Hindus who voted for your beloved Congi party in last 65 years....and what we have achived...a poor nation with 1.2 billion people....What has congi contributed in 65 year??....SCAMS with competative amount each month....These are the same BS Hindoos who voted Congi to Power so that India even can not compete with a nation like Maldavies to protect its intrests....It is the same idiotic Hindoos...who can not find a person with Indian origin to lead the Congi Party rather depend on an imported Italian lady to lead their party....I mean sometimes i think....hating Modi is one thing....How can a person who is educated one can even ever think to like Congi Party with its senses...

Correct neither congress, nor NDA is secular. But congress less harm than NDA.
Communists are much better isnt it? Why no one talking aboutt them?
Why all these anti-congress people want only NDA?

Beacuase anti Congress people are nationalist...We prefer natinalism over religion...If requires ...i can do anything for my nation...even eat beef in mosque too...But can some so called Congi supporter eat Prasad for the sake of my nation.....???...I donot need an answer...But i am sad to see that people are still exist in my country who derive nationalism based on who eat beef in the religious places...

@KRAIT....You are just trying to make a futile attempt to appease a Congi supporters...It is of no value...Because....for them...they think it is more important to make prayer every day on street....or like those BS commies...who made West Bengal who are at one time the shine of India to one of most underdeveloped state of India, rather to aspire something positive and modern....
You are just wasting your time...Because they always find reason to prove themselves....And you can not justify and proove to people who donot want to progress rather than to stay in primitive age....
Actually these guys are the means. The real target are Guest users who lurks and read all these.

I know about these Congress supporters, their party sold India to Italy. Congress is nothing but party of traitors.

Rahul Gandhi for President- :victory:-

Please do scare me man...Do us a favor ...rather than praying for RG...Just put 10-20 nuclear bombs in India..that is a good for us...let all of we like scums get killed who will elect that RG,, We will be grateful to you...

Back
Top Bottom