What's new

Indian Foreign Policy: The Cold War Lingers

Short sighted for the US intelligent committy to think India is a willing partner with the US in dealing with geopolitical matter. India was and never will be a reliable partner to the West, in the past India allied with Soviet Union even as the communist starve their population to death and India as a 3rd world nation but unwilling to partner with the West in other to bring in job and feed their own population. India will no longer accepted a submissive role to the US led formation of the geopolitic in the world because India was subjugated as a colonized nation by the British empire.

It's always a cost benefit analysis my friend.What ever USSR gave, it never compromised our freedom. Freedom of policy making, freedom of standing on our own feet and sovereignty. In asian cultures, we never forget our friends and foes. Sure, allying ourselves with US would have maybe given a a few percentage points in GDP and a few percentage of less poor. The question is , what would India have to pay in return? The americans always give way less than what they take, and it is something I admire in their policies. They choose Pakistan. They gave a lot to the Pakistanis. Now they are taking back ' hell of a lot more'.

The right or wrong of the Crimea annexation is not the issue for me. The point is that the annexation allows other countries to do the same thing. This scenario holds out particular problems in South Asia but also anywhere where there is a territorial dispute. Just foment trouble in a specific country, engineer a referendum and move your troops in and claim that the area was your territory for centuries so you have a legitimate claim in any case. Can you imagine how much trouble that would cause in Asia if that doctrine was accepted. India is the only country that would appear to naturally favour that kind of concept.

It's always a cost benefit analysis my friend.What ever USSR gave, it never compromised our freedom. Freedom of policy making, freedom of standing on our own feet and sovereignty. In asian cultures, we never forget our friends and foes. Sure, allying ourselves with US would have maybe given a a few percentage points in GDP and a few percentage of less poor. The question is , what would India have to pay in return? The americans always give way less than what they take, and it is something I admire in their policies. They choose Pakistan. They gave a lot to the Pakistanis. Now they are taking back ' hell of a lot more'.

Russia never dictate India how to conduct foreign policy, Russia have never invaded South Asia before the Aghanistan invasion in the 1980's, India and Russia found on many common ground in the past because of Muslim related agenda and the threat of China. India being colonized by the British created the deep mistrust in the relation with the West. In geopolitic no nation can count on each other as a friend or an enemy, every nation will conduct their foreign policy to secure their own national interest and preserve their own territorial integrity. I believe India will never be a trusted ally to the west and the US. Freedom to conduct your own independent foreign policy depend how strong your military and economy and to find some strategic partnership for providing financial, military and public support when needed.

I believe India will never be a trusted ally to the west and the US.
Correct. Because US never lets anyone be their allies, they always extract a cost. always.

Freedom to conduct your own independent foreign policy depend how strong your military and economy and to find some strategic partnership for providing financial, military and public support when needed.

Well we didn't have a strong economy or a formidable army prior to the mid 90s. The Russians supported us even then. Kissinger called Indians "Bastards". Most people see that the US has suddenly become a friend , not for some benign sense of shared values, but to make inroads in the Indian economy for american corporations.

I suggest you read this to fully understand what I am saying
A partnership built on flawed assumptions - The Hindu

History is a part of a nation identity, you can't dismiss your own history and not let it affect how you conduct your foreign policy, Russia always claim Crimea as a part of Russia federation but Russian communist chairman granded the soveignty to the Ukraine. Russia used the history of Crimea to legitimate their right to claim back the run away territory.

That is not the answer to question I asked. Do you agree or not, that no sovereign nation should be submissive?

Correct. Because US never lets anyone be their allies, they always extract a cost. always.

Well we didn't have a strong economy or a formidable army prior to the mid 90s. The Russians supported us even then. Kissinger called Indians "Bastards". Most people see that the US has suddenly become a friend , not for some benign sense of shared values, but to make inroads in the Indian economy for american corporations.

I suggest you read this to fully understand what I am saying
A partnership built on flawed assumptions - The Hindu

India is in Russia side no point to try winning India over.

That is not the answer to question I asked. Do you agree or not, that no sovereign nation should be submissive?

Agree or disagree with your premise don't change the reality on the ground. Strong always dominate the weak, whether Ukraine agree or disagree with Russian assertion, Ukraine have no military or economic mean to push Russian out of Crimea.

India is in Russia side no point to try winning India over.

Agree or disagree with your premise don't change the reality on the ground. Strong always dominate the weak, whether Ukraine agree or disagree with Russian assertion, Ukraine have no military or economic mean to push Russian out of Crimea.

So the objective is for Ukraine and Bangladesh to arm themselves and push out who ever is trying to dominate them.

So the objective is for Ukraine and Bangladesh to arm themselves and push out who ever is trying to dominate them.

That the objective of any nation. When you weak better find a strong partner that readily provide the financial and military need to secure your own national interest and your own territory integrity.

My premise had nothing to do with Crimea. I just wanted to point out that India since the days of independence had fairly ideological leaders. Which means that independent foreign policy was born out of their ideologies, and not colonization.

What do you think Bangladesh is doing now. We Bangladeshis want the AL to stop being submissive to India.

Kudos to those efforts. Just make sure we don't get more extremism in our neighbourhood. One is more than enough.

That the objective of any nation. When you weak better find a strong partner that readily provide the financial and military need to secure your own national interest and your own territory integrity.

I doubt that India is doing either ....

I doubt that India is doing either ....

No nation on this planet don't rely on some form of strategic partnership to ensure their own survival. India will make their decision base on what they can secure in return.

No nation on this planet don't rely on some form of strategic partnership to ensure their own survival. India will make their decision base on what they can secure in return.

India only takes and gives nothing in return ...

Russia never dictate India how to conduct foreign policy, Russia have never invaded South Asia before the Aghanistan invasion in the 1980's, India and Russia found on many common ground in the past because of Muslim related agenda and the threat of China. India being colonized by the British created the deep mistrust in the relation with the West. In geopolitic no nation can count on each other as a friend or an enemy, every nation will conduct their foreign policy to secure their own national interest and preserve their own territorial integrity. I believe India will never be a trusted ally to the west and the US. Freedom to conduct your own independent foreign policy depend how strong your military and economy and to find some strategic partnership for providing financial, military and public support when needed.

Why again do you have two flags of the United States when you obviously do not support that country?

Why again do you have two flags of the United States when you obviously do not support that country?

I didn't want put up any flag but this site webmaster put those flag on my profile. I don't support any nations on this planet, I'm not patriotic, nationalistic, political party worshiper, religious nutjob.

I didn't want put up any flag but this site webmaster put those flag on my profile. I don't support any nations on this planet, I'm not patriotic, nationalistic, political party worshiper, religious nutjob.

You just love India and Russia ....

Back
Top Bottom