What's new

Indian forces criticised for lack of co-ordinated response in Mumbai

Read a few articles in the papers quoting NSG member saying that "they were shooting in the dark and there were dead bodies everywhere".
Why did the responding teams not have night vision equipment?

During the siege in the hotels, the terrorists did not use hostages as human shields. So doesn't make sense for 60+ hour operation to clear 9 terrorists (1 terrorist was captured in the initial hours).

Indian media also reported that a few security men died because their "bulletproof" vests failed. First of all, nothing is bulletproof. I saw a number of security people wearing just soft armor without rifle protection inserts.

Goodpoint NSG operated without night vision goggles. It was a grave mistake.

Goodpoint NSG operated without night vision goggles. It was a grave mistake.

Goodperson; sir
not only ,NSG operated without night vision but also , thier reaction time was too late, huge mis-calculations, same as in the case of LAL MASJID! by pak SSG units.:agree:

Dont assume what NSG lost, calculate what they saved.
They lost time, but finally they managed to save most of hostages.

Their reaction time is late because our political bosses were sleeping and they have to be flown from delhi. Now the government is setting up four or so hubs in different parts for quick response.

Their reaction time is late because our political bosses were sleeping and they have to be flown from delhi. Now the government is setting up four or so hubs in different parts for quick response.

theonlyone;SIR
SORY to disagree to your point, i guss its the same thing what happened in the case of LAL MASJID! political leaders took thier time just because , they wanted to score points, which can boost thier political standings.

as MAN MOHAN SINGH, had to talk with SONIA GHANDHI, thn other top guns of CONGRESS, so it was the time spending, for nothing, i guss?
but it seems , NSG commandos were called , unexpectedlly, untimlly, & in the last resort, which made them unsure of thier job, also there is a very vital point here, even pakistan SSG units , were never been trained to to take out terrorists in the hi-fi buildings, or floored kind of targets, so it was really a hard job for both pakistani SSG & NSG commandos.

in south asia , the genrl image of the commandos is like a superhumman!
but its the training , which makes them different from the other combtants?
i guss, in the given situations, even USA commandos wouldbe not up to the standrds!:tup:

Well said Batmannow sir , situations and conditions are not in much part in south asia.
terror has only 1 face i.s inhumanity. A life saver is always greater than a life taker. Regardless of being a SAS, NSG or SSG.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom