What's new

Indian forces attack Muharram mourners in Kashmir

Try that in UK or US or Germany or China or Japan etc. Than you will be struck with the an awful reality.
They are kashmiris ...what's your point here ?
This is Kashmir specific.,,Kindly don't let bias prevail here at least

now thats bad move people must have religious freedom
Sure... but there's a difference in religious freedom and imposing your own beliefs on others.
Imagine there are parents around, who are not willing to expose their kids to public display of sheer brutality and madness.
Imagine... if Hindus of Pakistan demand to parade poja of Kali in Pakistan.. that too on weekly basis? should we allow them? I personally would not agree to it and neither I'm a hypocrite.

Lets keep supporting them rather then to divide...Nobody is ostrich here

I'm not a hypocrite. I can't support something I don't believe from my heart and mind.
I would rather expect Iranians to come forward and support their comrades.

I'm not a hypocrite. I can't support something I don't believe from my heart and mind.
I would rather expect Iranians to come forward and support their comrades.
Appreciate your sectarian honesty that prevails over any other injustice to the people...I believe you don't support then other Kashmirs too.. I am afraid there religious views are quite opposite of what you might presume..
Though as a Muslim one should support even non-religious people if they are oppressed..

Then why they are banned in Kashmir?

And why mourners are mistreated and arrested?

They were banned in the past because of Sunni Muslims. Nothing to do with 'Azadi'. This time the restriction are in Sunni dominated areas to curb Shia - Sunni clashes. On others areas, processions were held across Srinagar

http://kashmirreader.com/2017/10/01/mourners-take-out-muharram-processions-across-srinagar/

Mourners take out Muharram processions across Srinagar
By Muheet ul Islam on October 1, 2017No Comment

A-Muharram-procession-in-Srinagar%E2%80%99s-Gaw-Kadal-on-Saturday-701x435.jpg

Srinagar: Several mourning processions commemorating the sacrifice of Imam Hussain (RA) and his companions in Karbala were taken out by Shia Muslims in various parts of the Srinagar city on 9th day of Muharram on Saturday.
Although authorities had announced restrictions in areas falling under 13 police stations of Srinagar city – Batamaloo, Sherghari, Karan Nagar, ShaheejGunj, Maisuma, Kralkhud, Kothibagh, Ram MunshiBagh (partly), Nowhatta, Khanyar, Rainawari, MR Gunj and Safakadal -, routine activities were witnessed in the areas.
Police allowed mourners of Imam Hussain (RA), the grandson of Prophet Muhammad (SAW), to take out traditional hold processions in interior localities.
The police had reportedly told the elders of the Shia community in some areas not to come out from their areas in order to maintain law and order.
The first mourning procession of the day was taken out near from Shamswari, which passed through Babademb raod, in which sores of men, women and children from the Shia community clad in black clothes took part.
A number of Sunni Muslims also watched the procession, while some were seen guarding it.
Another procession was taken at Gawkadal, where hundreds of people from the community participated. Many mourners were seen beating their chests and heads with iron blades. The procession was lead by head of the Tehreek-i-Mazahmat, a constituent of Hurriyat Conference (G), Nissan Hussain Rather.
A major procession was taken out by Anjuman-i-Islam Pandrathen from Pantha Chowk near Delhi Public School, on city outskirts.
Around 12000 people including men, women and children participated in it. The mourners marched on the main road, chanting elegies, while the procession culminated at Imambara Pandrathen. Renowned Shia cleric, Sheikh Ghulam Rasool Noori also participated in the procession.
Hundreds of volunteers were standing to ensure the smooth traffic movement on the road. Police was also deployed to thwart any untoward incident.
Ali Naki Mir, one of the members of Anjuman-i-Islam Pandrathen told Kashmir Reader that the aim of the procession was to remember the sacrifice of Imam Hussain (RA). “We condemn the atrocities committed 1400 years ago and in present times. There are several Yazeed’s today in the shape of America, Israel and Burma, their names change but their tactics and the intensity of the oppression level remain similar,” Mir said.
Tehreek-i-Mazahmat head Nissan Hussain Rather told Kashmir Reader that despite restrictions they would take out the procession on Monday through civil lines.
“We are ready to face any difficulty come what may but we will take our procession through the main road to Zadibal,” he said.
He added “Government is suffering from a disease called whim by claiming there will be law and order situation and possibly of clashes with Sunnis but that is not a case. Our Sunni brethren guard us whenever we have taken out a procession, the fact is that all such claims from the government are nothing but whims.”
He said that they “exposed” authorities on Friday “when Divisional Commissioner on one hand said Muharram Procession will be allowed but on the other hand they imposed restrictions”.
A large procession was also taken out in Zadibal area, where a procession was taken out from Mandibal and passing through Alamgari Bazar culminated at Zadibal.

Appreciate your sectarian honesty that prevails over any other injustice to the people...I believe you don't support then other Kashmirs too.. I am afraid there religious views are quite opposite of what you might presume..
Though as a Muslim one should support even non-religious people if they are oppressed..

Shias are one of the most peaceful Muslim community in India. It is irony that many Sunnies in India don't recognize them as Muslims enough hence they don't get proper representation on All India Muslim Personal Board, the defacto organization to represent 'Muslim' interests in India. Even All India Muslim Personal Board do the same kind of treatment to Ahamadiyas

Shias are one of the most peaceful Muslim community in India. It is irony that many Sunnies in India don't recognize them as Muslims enough hence they don't get proper representation on All India Muslim Personal Board, the defacto organization to represent 'Muslim' interests in India. Even All India Muslim Personal Board do the same kind of treatment to Ahamadiyas
I am only concerned with Kashmir irrespective of Shia or Sunni..
Though Mukhtar abbas Naqvi doesn't validate your point ...BJP has some special love for them

I am only concerned with Kashmir irrespective of Shia or Sunni..

Kashmir doesn't only consist of Muslims, it has near 40% of population that is either Hindu, Sikh or Buddhists. Also Shia - Sunni divide is a big reality in the Kashmir. Kargil where majority are Shias, Muharram is organized with zest. Muharram has always been a problem in Sunni dominated 5 districts of the valley.

Kashmir doesn't only consist of Muslims, it has near 40% of population that is either Hindu, Sikh or Buddhists. Also Shia - Sunni divide is a big reality in the Kashmir. Kargil where majority are Shias, Muharram is organized with zest. Muharram has always been a problem in Sunni dominated 5 districts of the valley.
Any other city in India other then Kashmir ?this divide is instigated in Kashmir only..

Any other city in India other then Kashmir ?this divide is instigated in Kashmir only..

In India everywhere...Shias and Sunnis seldom meet. The divide is clear as if they belong to different religions.

I believe you don't support then other Kashmirs too

You may assume anything, but in wider world its a crime to expose kids to acts of savagery.
In developed world, you are not even allowed to sell /lend videos or books to kids, which may contain any content of violence.

It's a tragedy in Pakistan, that religious divide is paraded in streets, at cost of economy and personal freedom of majority of Pakistanis.

IMO, introducing kids of Pakistan to sectarianism at a tender age is mother of all crimes.
Such kids when got a chance to apply for asylum in UK /Australia...... etc. etc. where they are forced to drop all those religious liberties, which they enjoy in Pakistan. It's not hard to imagine the mental health of such person.

As far Kashmir is concerned, its the state of India which is exposing kids to violence. Kashmiri kids see their families being ravaged and killed on daily basis, they don't need any history lesson from Iran, who is actually least bothered about Kashmir and its suffering.

Back
Top Bottom