What's new

Indian Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee Arrives Today

So will BD be happy if the deal is finalized before ur elections? :D
Well i do hope, the talk is over soon and the deal will be finalized...
Atleast after that, let me see, if BD members appreciate GoI or come back again with conspiracies

For my country, I want that we should do what is right, without thinking about a quid pro quo.

Doing what we did in 71 was morally right, and the criticism from Bangladeshis that we get today has nothing to do with a morally right decision.

Bl[i]tZ;2900895 said:
Mamta is not anti-BD, her political calculations say that giving BD water will give her a bad name in Paschimbanga while center hasn't given her enough in return for extracting this concession from her. (Whatever water she gives you, her constituency will be deprived of that. She is right when she asks, what do I get in return?)

You won't find any one with ill-will towards BD in India today since BD is behaving like a normal neighbour. Neither is It harboring islamic militants today and nor is BD a country with significant military to pose any threat to India.

Yes, normal neighbours take time to move forward on their concerns.

Nothing against you for you might be a Bengali. As an Indian and partly because of my Bengali roots, I despise Mamta, she has turned out to be a joker and one of the worst CM WB ever had even worst than the CPM thugs. She doesn't have a clue about running the state. Her modest look doesn't mask her inability to rule the state, rather it just gives away her ineffectiveness. Look at the recent episode of arresting a scientist, for God's sake this lady should be flushed out of the entire Indian political system:hitwall:. A total waste I would say.

So will BD be happy if the deal is finalized before ur elections? :D
Well i do hope, the talk is over soon and the deal will be finalized...
Atleast after that, let me see, if BD members appreciate GoI or come back again with conspiracies

A deal on Teesta water will be a kind of better than nothing for the people of Bangladesh. The river Teesta was flowing freely into BD without an hindrance, and BD govt thought a dam at some point across this river will irrigate the farmlands spreading across its two banks. Well, BD built a dam by its own engineers, albeit, at a little slow pace, only to find that the water has been robbed by India rendering its own dam a useless junk of concrete. BD's own irrigation plan was put on fire by a VERY FRIENDLY neighbour India.

So, even after the signing of a treaty on water sharing BD population will keep on lamenting the unilateral act of India. There are hundreds of similar reasons that BD people are aghast with the big India that has a small mind.

A deal on Teesta water will be a kind of better than nothing for the people of Bangladesh. The river Teesta was flowing freely into BD without an hindrance, and BD govt thought a dam at some point across this river will irrigate the farmlands spreading across its two banks. Well, BD built a dam by its own engineers, albeit, at a little slow pace, only to find that the water has been robbed by India rendering its own dam a useless junk of concrete. BD's own irrigation plan was put on fire by a VERY FRIENDLY neighbour India.

So, even after the signing of a treaty on water sharing BD population will keep on lamenting the unilateral act of India. There are hundreds of similar reasons that BD people are aghast with the big India that has a small mind.

Do you own whole of Teesta river and can build dam for better irrigation facility but India can't. Wow!!!

That region of North Bengal has plenty of rivers flowing down from the Himalayas - Teesta, Torsa, Mahananda and many smaller streams. So there is no great water shortage there. Some sensible compromise should be reached.

Pranab Mukherjee is one of the few sensible persons in INC...especially his grip over the national security issues is almost mind blowing for a politician. A perfect candidate for Home Ministry in Congress. But ironically he is handling Finance while Chiddambram is Home Minister..

Nothing against you for you might be a Bengali. As an Indian and partly because of my Bengali roots, I despise Mamta, she has turned out to be a joker and one of the worst CM WB ever had even worst than the CPM thugs. She doesn't have a clue about running the state. Her modest look doesn't mask her inability to rule the state, rather it just gives away her ineffectiveness. Look at the recent episode of arresting a scientist, for God's sake this lady should be flushed out of the entire Indian political system:hitwall:. A total waste I would say.

Perfect Analysis Sir...

I was horrified last year to see mamta being crowned the CM and am equally shocked at UP's decision to bring back SP...Mamta should have stuck to Center ( not that she was doing a good job. In fact Trinamool has messed up Railways big time. ) and should have given another person a chance to Lead the state.
I just wonder what if in next term Trinamool and SP's support is not required at Center. Both Bengal and UP will have another 5 years of dark days ...

This Mamata Banerjee is certainly seeking a kind of central leadership in Delhi. She knows very well that being nice to a India's neighbour does not make her more popular. She has chosen a path to backstabbing Congress in Delhi by not accepting a Congress verdict in relation to BD.

This is a kind of negativism. However, considering the mindset of the Subcontinent population, it makes these leaders strong in their eys, and he/she can come to the media headlines more often. This is cheap, but Mamata has chosen this trick in order to promote her non-agenda throughout India.
TMC does not exist outside west bengal, she has no agenda outside west bengal.
She is playing normal regional politics ( Modi, Jaya, Pattnaik will do the same). Regional parties always try to show that center is a bully, going against center publicly gives them more votes.

Why Mr. Pranab comes to Bangladesh on the same day with Hilary? Couldn't he choose some other time?

hillary and paranab maybe who knows?/

http://www.************/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/aspergers-love.jpg

Lol like JLN and Lady Mountbatten? I doubt it, Mr. Clinton is younger and much more handsome than Mr. Pranab, no offense.

Do you own whole of Teesta river and can build dam for better irrigation facility but India can't. Wow!!!

India should have shown a good heart by consulting with BD before it started the construction of a dam meant for withdrawing/withhelding water. No country is a singular owner of the natural flow of a water body. No country has the right to take away other country's legal water because it sits in the upstream.

Thing is, India does all these selfish things, but, then the Indians crave for love from BD population.

Sunday, May 6, 2012
Deals to be implemented soon: Pranab Mukherjee
UNB, Dhaka

Indian Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee said on Sunday his country is committed to implement all agreements signed between Bangladesh and India during Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s visit to Dhaka last September.

“There has been some delay, but these (agreements) will be implemented soon,” he said during a meeting with Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina at her office.

Pranab Mukherjee told the PM that a subcommittee under the Joint River Commission will be formed to analyse the proposed Tipaimukh Dam and inform the government of the outcome to remove misunderstanding from the public minds about the project.

He said all will get due share in the water of the rivers coming down from the Himalayas.

On bilateral trade, the Indian finance minister said New Delhi has already granted duty-free access of 46 Bangladeshi items to the Indian market to reduce the widening trade gap.

PM’s press secretary Abul Kalam Azad briefed the press after the meeting.

Mutual desires, sacrifices bond Bangladesh, India: Pranab | Bangladesh | bdnews24.com

Mutual desires, sacrifices bond Bangladesh, India: Pranab
Sun, May 6th, 2012 1:19 pm BdST

Dhaka, May 6 (bdnews24.com) -- Indian finance minister Pranab Mukherjee on Sunday said his country and Bangladesh are tied to each other for their identical cultural heritage, tradition, morality, values and a promising bright future.

He was speaking at the concluding session of Rabindranath Tagore's 150th birth anniversary celebrations at the Bangabandhu International Conference Centre.

Pranab came to Bangladesh late Saturday to chiefly attend this programme but he is scheduled to meet prime minister Sheikh Hasina who also attended the programme as the chief guest.

He said the relationship shared by the two neighbouring countries is unique.

"I believe our relationship is based on the strong foundation of love, confidence and trust of the people of the two countries," he said.

Pranab said he was sure that Bangladesh-India bilateral relationship would attain great height in the future.

"This [bilateral] relationship has derived from our mutual desires and sacrifices," he said.

He expressed his determination to take the two countries' relations further and hoped it would be "strengthened and lasting in the future".

The senior Congress party leader greeted prime minister and Bangladeshi people at the beginning of his speech. He also praised the cultural activists involved in practicing Rabindranath's works.

He mentioned the joint theatrical project by the two countries.

Artistes from both Bangladesh and India would participate in the Rabindra Utsab at Shantiniketan and Bardhaman.

The last time Pranab came to Bangladesh was during the visit of the Indian prime minister September last year.

bdnews24.com/rrd/zk/jr/1303h

India should have shown a good heart by consulting with BD before it started the construction of a dam meant for withdrawing/withhelding water. No country is a singular owner of the natural flow of a water body. No country has the right to take away other country's legal water because it sits in the upstream.

Thing is, India does all these selfish things, but, then the Indians crave for love from BD population.

We don't.

Bangladesh is another neighbor. We just want normal neighborly relations, no "love".

It is China that may take away your Brahmputra waters as it doesn't believe in negotiations about water sharing.

India has always shared the waters justly.

We don't.

Bangladesh is another neighbor. We just want normal neighborly relations, no "love".

It is China that may take away your Brahmputra waters as it doesn't believe in negotiations about water sharing.

India has always shared the waters justly.

We did not see any reduction of Bhamaputra river. You rest in peace.

Back
Top Bottom