What's new

Indian Fifth Gen. Fighter Jets : PAK-FA/FGFA/MCA/NGFA - Gallery

Looks ugly with huge butt.

And can anyone explain to me why should we give up 3D TVC in fear of IR homing missile. As far as i know, IR can be launched from aircraft at your tail and can have maximum range of 30 km.

Pakfa radars and AWACs would be able to intercept hostile target in range of 300 KM.Of course. Pakfa would have uni-directional lobe and AWACs would have 360 degree coverage like half wave dipole.

Most possibly, Fighter aircraft would butt head against each other rather than tail chase. Would anyone be able to come within 50 KM of Pakfa to fire heak seeker missile ?

I am just an amateur and I could be wrong, but from what I heard, such a "rectangular" nozzle helps to reduce an aircraft's heat signature. that helps you from being detected in the first place. These nozzles can still allow 2D TVC like in the F-22. Both 3D TVC and these nozzles help in their own ways. But from what I know such nozzles add to structural weight.

With advances in stealth technology, aircraft are less likely to detect each other till they are quite close to each other. This IMO would lead to possible dogfights. In such a case, 3D TVC would help the pilot to out-maneuver his opponent and dodge missiles while the rectangular nozzles make it more difficult for the enemy to gain a lock.

Last edited:
Rectangular nozzles are tested by russia as well.
They can.. If needed.. Integrate the same on pakfa.

Rectangular nozzles are tested by russia as well.
They can.. If needed.. Integrate the same on pakfa.

I know, I heard the soviets were trying to develop the technology even before it was used in the F-22. A considerable amount of time and money was spent on developing it in the Yak-41/Yak-141 program. In their opinion, such a nozzle was suited to changes in configurstion for thrust vectoring and supersonic flight and allowed for a thin tail. However, a circular nozzle was selected in the end.

India-Russia fail to sign additional protocol on 5th-gen stealth fighter

19 June 2010

Russia's Sukhoi design bureau director general, Mikhail Pogosyan, has confirmed that India and Russia have decided not to sign additional agreements to create a joint venture for the production of a fifth-generation fighter. Sukhoi has combined with India's Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) to jointly develop the fifth-generation stealth fighter jet designed by Sukhoi.

HAL is working on a two-seater derivative of the aircraft.

Earlier, it had been made clear that an additional agreement would be signed specifying the work load of each side in the project, but on Friday Pogosyan said the Russian company now hoped work would begin soon without any such deal.

"We don't plan to sign a joint venture. We have agreed on joint work with our Indian colleagues," Pogosyan said. He said the joint work could be carried out under the current agreement.

"We will do our part of the work, our Indian counterparts theirs," Pogosyan said. "At the initial stage it is not necessary to have a joint venture."

The current prototype of the 5th generation stealth fighter, known as the T-50, was designed by the Sukhoi design bureau and is being built at a plant in Komsomolsk-on-Amur, in Russia's Far East.

Russian officials have hailed the fighter as "a unique warplane" that combines the capabilities of an air superiority fighter and attack aircraft, which will far surpass the qualities of equivalent Western-origin fighters, such as the American F-22 Raptor and the F-35 Lightning II.

Original article: domain-b.com : India-Russia fail to sign additional protocol on 5th-gen stealth fighter

russian su-30 with PAK-FA

560.jpg

320.jpg

all the 3 are same..taken from different angles...

when pak fa will get square nozzles will FGFA have square nozzles

Never been a big fan of Russian aircrafts, while its a definitely interesting and an improvement over existing Russian designs, infact it looks like its made from several existing models.

Also, i still wouldnt make a comparison with the F22 which from the pictures you can still tell, is in a class of its own, the Russian aircraft still looks kinda crude and choppy.

Soviet/Russian have always looked good on paper but in reality and practice, they've been notorious for being less than expected.

will it be still crude and choppy after pakisthan become an ally of russia or pak fa being offerd to pak. at a low price

Since FGFA will be designed for two pilots, its shape will be somewhat different from that of PAK FA.

Here is one of the most recent versions of the prototype FGFA.

1449327.jpg

0873185.jpg

1048895.jpg

0117855.jpg

The streamlined hull shape and small size of the wings, allow FGFA to enter the atmosphere on a ballistic trajectory passing defense systems of the enemy.

(This is a joke) :lol:

can it even fly and where is it stream lined:victory:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom