What's new

Indian FGFA will be real challenge for American F-22 : German Defense Expert Helmut

Typhoon

Reaction score
Indian FGFA will be real challenge for American F-22 : German Defense Expert Helmut

“Indian FGFA will be real challenge for American F-22 ” claims German Defense Expert Helmut Hirsch , MR Hirsch in private conversation with our Admin ( idrw.org) , have said that FGFA which will be based on T-50 / Pak-FA will have major design changes to its fuselage due to twin pilot configuration and Indian Expertise in Composite will only enchance Stealth characters of the Aircraft .

MR Hirsch believes that Russians have compromised on stealth to keep the aircraft more maneuverable and under a tight budget to keep per aircraft cost under control , Russians simply cannot afford to have such a expensive plane in large numbers , but Indians seems to have realized that and will be doing 30 % of the design changes to improve stealth characters of the aircraft .

When asked if Indian Version will be more stealthy ? MR Hirsch seems confident on that matter , MR Hirsch also believes that real challenge for F-22 will come from Indian FGFA rather than F-35 or Chinese J-XX. MR Hirsch also adds that Indians will add best of technology (Avionics / Radars / Weapons ) from west in their version which makes it even more lethal then F-35 and a real challenge for F-22′s Superiority .

MR Hirsch also added that F-22 is excellent aircraft but production of it which will stop just under 200 makes any one believe that aircraft has some real issues which have been kept under wraps but issues of rusting in airframe has already surfaced , and recent reports of USAF already looking for F-22 Replacement by 2030 all points to that direction .

MR Hirsch was also critical of F-35 , and slammed it for being over priced and expensive , and also went on to say that European countries who will ultimately purchase it and are partners in the program could have built among them self a better 5th Gen fighter just like Euro-fighter which he believes can take on F-35 in BVR fight .

NOTE : Above article is based on private conversion held between Ajay(Admin idrw.org) and renowned German Defense Expert Helmut Hirsch and reproduced with his permission, article is based on this views and his expertise’s on FGFA . M R. Helmut Hirsch will not be writing on Indian defence matters , but idrw.org will consult him on his expertise on regular basis to get outside different point of view on Indian Defense matters .

idrw.org

really looking forward to MCA which will be ( hopefully) entirely indigenous. a true symbol of our technology prowess

We should concentrate more on FGFA and work out more on making LCA lethal.

That way we have the best of Light (LCA) , Medium (MRCA) , heavy (SU_MKI) and 5th Gen (FGFA) of fighter line ups in coming years.

really looking forward to MCA which will be ( hopefully) entirely indigenous. a true symbol of our technology prowess

it can never be entirely indigenous .. What engine does India plan to power it with? air to air missiles? fire control radaR? perhaps in the next 30 years.?

it can never be entirely indigenous .. What engine does India plan to power it with? air to air missiles? fire control radaR? perhaps in the next 30 years.?

engine - kaveri
air to air - astra
radar - AESA( not sure of Indian name )

@WALI
well india is working on each of these systems u talked abt
the engine radar etc...

AMCA might not be completly indigenous
dont know whether kaveri could match the requirement of a fifth gen jet
but all the systems are being worked on well gud luck to all our scientists

Yes my friend i know their working on each of these systems.. :) a bit more detail please.. Kaveri is a sad story.. What aesa are they working on? I highly doubt India will ever be able to produce an engine.. the idea of an completely Indigenous fighter seems like a fairly tale after KevAri.

Yes my friend i know their working on each of these systems.. :) a bit more detail please.. Kaveri is a sad story.. What aesa are they working on? I highly doubt India will ever be able to produce an engine.. the idea of an completely Indigenous fighter seems like a fairly tale after KevAri.

u should read the kaveri thread and update ur knowledge

There is a twist in every Indian movie where a sad starting invariably has a happy ending. Kaveri is no exception.....:cheers:

DRDO conducts successful maiden flight test of Kaveri engine

I think they know that India now not totally dependent on Russia

We need base like T50, PAKFA and if they are able to make it as per requirement so its good but if PAF FA is not per requirement so we can surely make it that fit to our need with the help of others ( No need to mention)

A real time example Sukhoi 30 MKi which dominant in Asian skies. :cheers:

u should read the kaveri thread and update ur knowledge

There was thread by marcos regarding engine for AMCA.. it was said that kaveri mk2 with snekma will power it.. if its not done on time it will power on the new GE414 till that project completes.. so about the engine there is a clear consiuousness .

Regarding AESA.. it will basically depend on the development of the new AWACS and the technological know how we "may" get from the lifting of sanctions and through MRCA deals along with local minds working on it.

Avionics will surely see some Israeli hand like always and could be a joint efffort this time.

Missiles of course astra and the advanced US and Russian ones..maybe european ones if MRCA deal finalises to them.

We should concentrate more on FGFA and work out more on making LCA lethal.

That way we have the best of Light (LCA) , Medium (MRCA) , heavy (SU_MKI) and 5th Gen (FGFA) of fighter line ups in coming years.

plus our own 5th gen fighter

Back
Top Bottom