What's new

Indian Explosives in Indian Blasts!

only against indians lol

I really hate to have to say this, but this is a common issue for all non-westerners. Pakistanis in fact face a double whammy in the western countries. :confused:

So while I indeed appreciate the trouble taken by RR to collect such nuggets of wisdom, it proves nothing except that some people in the west are still racists. And to even present this kind of evidence is nothing short of sick in my mind.

Now regarding the original issue of India's reputaion in the world, it can be judged not by sporadic racist incidents but by the policy of the countries concerned towards India, the kind of press India gets which shapes the world opinion, how the leadership and the general populace perceives India etc.

Another case of cutting your nose to spite the face!

I really hate to have to say this, but this is a common issue for all non-westerners. Pakistanis in fact face a double whammy in the western countries. :confused:

So while I indeed appreciate the trouble taken by RR to collect such nuggets of wisdom, it proves nothing except that some people in the west are still racists. And to even present this kind of evidence is nothing short of sick in my mind.

Now regarding the original issue of India's reputaion in the world, it can be judged not by sporadic racist incidents but by the policy of the countries concerned towards India, the kind of press India gets which shapes the world opinion, how the leadership and the general populace perceives India etc.

Another case of cutting your nose to spite the face!

Alright, but that wasnt what the "nuggets of wisdom" were in reply to. Apparently Indians (the people), get such a warm reception in the western world according to the nugget of wisdom I was replying to.

"I'm pretty much happy with the reception our country and countrymen are getting around the world. It's a thousand times better than what other countries in the region are getting.

If you think slander and lies made India one of the respected countries in the world you are just fooling yourselves. "

So I merely demonstrated some incidents (not at all isolated) of the reception Indians get round the world.

You've raised two points here which are incorrect. The first one is that India's reputation can be judged by the policy of the countries concerned towards India. This is nothing to do with reputation (or the "good" kind referred to here). Most countries try to get along with the US since it means more money, but this doesn't mean that many countries do not have an anti-American population. India is getting stronger economically and will have some more policy influencing weight after a couple of centuries, provided the Naxals or the Assamese of the Sikhs, or the Tamils don't split the country up before then. But this is not the same as reputation.

The "double-whammy" you refer to in the Western world refers to what exactly? On average, Indians tend to stick out more (due to their skin color and naturally unmuscular body physique), and these people tend to be the targets of racist attacks in the western world. So, whilst you might live in denial at believing you're the "accepted and respected" ones in the western world, the statistics will show you crime against ethnic communities is mostly against Indians rather than Pakistanis. But of course, I'm not naive enough to believe Pakistanis would be generally accepted with open arms anywhere either.

I think I need to clarify myself a bit here.

So I merely demonstrated some incidents (not at all isolated) of the reception Indians get round the world.

Can you suggest how they are connected. Don't we have racist attacks against other non-white minorities in the west. They are linked only by the bigotry of those indulging in them. Don't we hear all the time about the supposed discrimination against Muslims in the USA and Europe? Are you somehow commending such discrimination? And I stand by my comment that such sporadic incidents can be counted on one's fingers and do not reflect how the country as a whole perceives India and Indians.

I mentioned some other factors besides the country's policy to judge how they feel about India. May be you would like to revisit that post. I guess the domestic media coverage is a good way to judge how a country is perceived by that country. Definitely better than some incidents here and there.

I posted some facts about the Indian economy and future trends. You may want to have a look here:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/economy-development/8813-please-fo-link-see-pak-economy-end-fy2007-2.html

It is not for any propaganda but just as things are moving all backed by actual facts and trends. So I guess it will not take a couple of centuries. ;)

I am not going to reply about some parts of this post, as I am not here for that sort of arguements. Only thing is that Pakistan itself is facing some challenges on that front and we will both do well to focus at ourselves than at the other.

The double whammy that I referred to was unfortunately about being non-western and also being subjected to anti-terror concerns due to other factors.

Indians tend to stick out more (due to their skin color and naturally unmuscular body physique), and these people tend to be the targets of racist attacks in the western world. So, whilst you might live in denial at believing you're the "accepted and respected" ones in the western world, the statistics will show you crime against ethnic communities is mostly against Indians rather than Pakistanis. But of course, I'm not naive enough to believe Pakistanis would be generally accepted with open arms anywhere either.

I have not seen any statistics along the lines you mentioned. May be you can share your source and also if these incidents meet your approval (apparently they do). The skin colour difference may be too much for you but difficult for a westerner to observe most of the time (for them we are both brown people, you may fuss about the shade of brown), but I find it to be too frivolous an arguement anyway. The color is only skin deep.

You know there is this small list of terrorist bastards want for their crimes against the Indian state living in your home country, each with red corner notices issued on their heads by Interpol? You guys did not turn them into our custody.

All you could do to Maulana Masood Azar the scumbag released by terrorists who held about a hundred of our citizens hostage on IC814 was to put him in house arrest in 2002 and then release him on the quiet. The hijackers, last heard, were roaming around freely in Pakistan. Know where Murdike is ?

So much for your demands for proof and willingness to act on it! The less we speak of your current enlightened flip-flop leadership and his eye-wash bans on terrorist organisations the better!

Dont take us Indians for fools with your nauseating moral grandstanding about evidence and our leadership. We elect our leaders instead of merely watching what happens on TV at midnite. :)

Have a good day. Not many Indians have forgotten Rupin Katyal and his widow.

Why should we turn them in your custody, Pakistan and India have no pact for exchange of Terrorists or so. It is an open fact that your agencies are working inside pakistan for alots of anti goverment goals, using pakistani militants with money and by provoking extremism through whatever sources available.

RR, still waiting for basis of your claim that the hate crimes against Indians are more than the others.

And whether you agree with them as you quoted them to prove some point?

Also India's GDP in 2007 was roughly equal to what China's GDP was in 2002 as per the BRIC report released in 2003.

Was or was not China an economic power in 2002?

Also the "naturally unmuscular body physique" is not preventing Indians from scoring more medals in even the sporting field where this should have been a natural advantage for you!

Why the "natural muscular body physique" does not get you the Olympic or Asian golds?

Many athletes from African countries which are poorer are able to win medals because of their natural physique!

Also the "naturally unmuscular body physique" is not preventing Indians from scoring more medals in even the sporting field where this should have been a natural advantage for you!

Why the "natural muscular body physique" does not get you the Olympic or Asian golds?

Many athletes from African countries which are poorer are able to win medals because of their natural physique!

its all about your personal efforts and your belive in your self i am agree with you

Interesting question you pose. I would say that Pakistan and India are both underdeveloped, and this contributes to their lack of sports medals in Olympics. Medals can only be achieved with the luxury of money and facilties, which both Pakistan and India lack. However, I think Pakistan still produces finer quality sportsmen than India on average. If you look at the South Asian Federation Games, you see that in 2004, every single boxing gold medal was won by a Pakistani.

These young and enthusiastic boxers helped win Pakistan all 10 gold medals available in the South Asian Federation Games in March this year.
BBC NEWS | World | South Asia | KO for Pakistan Olympic dreams

I'm sure you would agree, India would be able to provide better facilties to its boxers, and would have more to choose from. Yet Pakistani boxers were outclassing them in every instant. This is due to the hereditary physiques of the Pakistanis that give them a competitive edge over the Indians.

RR, I am not sure how many boxing golds Pakistan won in 2004. I am sure India didn't win any. But I am sure our overall tally was more. And as I mentioned earlier, natural athletes from places in Africa much underdeveloped than both of us win Olympic golds. So its not only a matter of money and facilities. So obviously, none of us is naturally athletic and muscular at least not a world beater!

Anyway this was not the main point as you will appreciate. If you believe that Indians and Pakistanis look very different, I will no longer argue on that, though I believe that people in the West find it hard to differentiate.

I want your reponse to my post number 21. And thanks for keeping this discussion civilized in spite of our obvious differences in views.

Back
Top Bottom