What's new

Indian expats remit $3,716m from Bangladesh

Maybe it is. However, certain parts of Karachi are filled to the brim with illegal Bengali Bangladeshis... :azn:

bro u have to understand one thing. They went pakistan before even BD was created. They did not want BD. So u can't call them Bangladeshi. Fact is they are pakistani bengalis. They are well integrated to pakistan's culture.

on the otherhand there is a huge number of pakistani in BD. They did not want bangladesh and fought with pakistan military and rajakars against mukti bahini. They are not well integrated to bd and many of them still want to go back to pakistan.

BTW anyone can also check here:

http://www.pewglobal.org/interactives/remittance-map/

Poor BD, no one believes them :cry:

again no officially verified data given :azn:. u are just barking like a ***. why dont you check the official data on remittance of ur country. its very simple...

btw again i am saying the is thread is about
'Indian expats remit $3,716m from Bangladesh'
not about bangladeshi migrants :azn: if anyone wants to talk about this then open a thread on this. Plz stay on topic.

nilgiri calm down. take a deep breath and think, so many facts were stated. Its very simple to understand a huge legal and illegal indians are in Bangladesh for work, better life. Its a fact. Believe it or not, bt dont just bark like a stupid. and stay on topic

bro u have to understand one thing. They went pakistan before even BD was created. They did not want BD. So u can't call them Bangladeshi. Fact is they are pakistani bengalis. They are well integrated to pakistan's culture.

No, Arefin007.

Almost all of them immigrated after "BD" was created. They are therefore illegal immigrants. The have no identification to prove their citizenship (unlike others), and will tell you themselves that they immigrated in the 1980s and early 1990s. It is they themselves who let everyone know that they immigrated and want citizenship.

You can tell yourself whatever you want, but the truth is the truth. The Pakistani government has confirmed this as well (along with residents of Karachi who noticed a huge influx of Bengali immigrants that weren't there before). They are not Pakistani citizens, period. And they don't have the rights of a citizen, as a result.

No, Arefin007.

Almost all of them immigrated after "BD" was created. They are therefore illegal immigrants. The have no identification to prove their citizenship (unlike others), and will tell you themselves that they immigrated in the 1980s and early 1990s. It is they themselves who let everyone know that they immigrated and want citizenship.

You can tell yourself whatever you want, but the truth is the truth. The Pakistani government has confirmed this as well (along with residents of Karachi who noticed a huge influx of Bengali immigrants that weren't there before). They are not Pakistani citizens, period. And they don't have the rights of a citizen, as a result.

Most recent migrants are Rohingya.
Macchar colony was there since british and they were bengali.
In 70s and 80s there were migration for uniting the split family. Both biharis and bengalis went there.
I dont think any Bangladeshi will migrate to Pakistan considering the econonic scenario now.
We all need to move on and rather enjoy the diversity.
Those bengalis could be reminder of the history that we were once together.

Kindly avoid off-topic discussion/derailing and stick to the topic in hand.

Thanks.

Most recent migrants are Rohingya.

Well, you are correct about that. Bengalis stopped migrating in the late 1990s.

In 70s and 80s there were migration for uniting the split family. Both biharis and bengalis went there.

Well, most of them came for economic reasons. There were very few Bengalis left in the country after the 1970s. Almost all of them went to Bangladesh after its creation. There were only so many to begin with. The ones there currently came in the 1980s/1990s.

And yes, both Biharis and Bengalis immigrated. Though most of the Biharis came legally and have citizenship (though some Biharis did immigrate illegally as well).

I dont think any Bangladeshi will migrate to Pakistan considering the econonic scenario now.

Very true.

The economic difference between Pakistan and Bangladesh has shrunken, and that's why very few Bengalis have immigrated in the 21st century. It's not worth it for most. Also, it has become clear that Pakistani government will not give citizenship to those who immigrated after 1971/1974, so that stemmed immigration as well.

The textile industry was probably the biggest driver of immigration to Pakistan from Bangladesh. And now that Bangladesh has the bigger industry, the reason to immigrate has stopped.

We all need to move on and rather enjoy the diversity.
Those bengalis could be reminder of the history that we were once together.

Fair enough. I don't necessarily agree or disagree with you. However if so, at the very least, Bangladesh must do the same all of its Bihari citizens who speak Bengali now and consider themselves Bangladeshi.

Almost all of them immigrated after "BD" was created.

'Almost all of them' any proof?
After our independence a number of bengalis migrated to pakistan because they didn't want bangladesh to born. They wanted to be pakistani. ya i saw that video couple of years back. I don't feel bad for them they deserve it. Life could be much much better if they decide to stay or come back to the land they belong to.

'very few Bengalis have immigrated in the 21st century' may be a little number of jamaties. Not for other reasons for sure.

yes man truth is truth. I always except the truth no matter if it is distasteful to me

'Almost all of them' any proof?
After our independence a number of bengalis migrated to pakistan because they didn't want bangladesh to born. They wanted to be pakistani. ya i saw that video couple of years back. I don't feel bad for them they deserve it. Life could be much much better if they decide to stay or come back to the land they belong to.

'very few Bengalis have immigrated in the 21st century' may be a little number of jamaties. Not for other reasons for sure.

yes man truth is truth. I always except the truth no matter if it is distasteful to me
Well majority of them came during 80s and start of 90s. There is a reason they don't have Pakistan nationality.

Maybe lots of Indian invested factories hired them.
They should give jobs to local people.

Well majority of them came during 80s and start of 90s. There is a reason they don't have Pakistan nationality.

If true, then BD economy was in very bad shape at the time.

Not things are completely different, with BD the strongest out of all the 3 large economies.

Coming from the guy who has made what .....20+ accounts now? @LA se Karachi

So yeah your govt is trash (as evidenced in corruption perception index and multiple comments from anti-BD govt Bangladeshis in this forum), so anything released by it concerning development or economic data is equally trashy if not more so.

Now take the pew global map that reaches to the global readership infinitely more than corrupt BAL release and have a good cry about it.

I'll post it just to make sure anyone passing through gets the real figures and not BBS-type figures (which often get asterisks saying pending re-analysis when used at the UN).

http://www.pewglobal.org/interactives/remittance-map/

Outgoing form BD:

zGRTk93.jpg

Incoming to BD:

SfXO9uQ.jpg

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Its what the world gets to see (the truth - anathema to BBS and BAL)

The figures you are showing are mere estimates, not actual figures. The actual figures could be obtained from the central banks of the respective countries.

You have missed out the intro where it says, " Because these numbers are estimates, there is some room for error. For example, the total incoming or outgoing remittances for some countries may not be the same as actual remittances."

Now how they came up with these figures? It's actually based on the migration patterns in the South-South regions. Since India claims that they host millions of Bangladeshis (without any proper evidence), the estimate shows India as the source of highest remittance flow to Bangladesh, which is just a speculation. The estimate is primarily based on the paper which you repeatedly post here, written by Dilip Ratha. They didn't take the actual financial transactions into account.

In short, this estimate has as much value as the prediction of India becoming a super power. This is why I say you have a pretty low comprehension and analytical ability.

The figures you are showing are mere estimates, not actual figures. The actual figures could be obtained from the central banks of the respective countries.

You have missed out the intro where it says, " Because these numbers are estimates, there is some room for error. For example, the total incoming or outgoing remittances for some countries may not be the same as actual remittances."

Now how they came up with these figures? It's actually based on the migration patterns in the South-South regions. Since India claims that they host millions of Bangladeshis (without any proper evidence), the estimate shows India as the source of highest remittance flow to Bangladesh, which is just a speculation. The estimate is primarily based on the paper which you repeatedly post here, written by Dilip Ratha. They didn't take the actual financial transactions into account.

In short, this estimate has as much value as the prediction of India becoming a super power. This is why I say you have a pretty low comprehension and analytical ability.

20 million illegal immirgrant sending X dollar per month makes whatever the figure farted out from the authors back.
Thats how the estimates done. @idune

don't waste your time, replying to that stupid guy nilgiri. The points were very clear. I knew he will not believe in the official data of BD thats why I have told many times to check the official data of India. and the main thing is the thread is about indian migrant workers in BD. He is just trying to divert the attention from the topic. pure scum

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom