What's new

Indian expats remit $3,716m from Bangladesh

Point is you are adding more indian bs on top of others while fact remains indians are looting and dependent on money from Bangladesh.

Ha ha ha ha!! Even for basic things like a rolling mill or a garment manufacturing unit, you need qualified Indian professionals' expertise to set up, run & manage it successfully. Bangladesh will be in stone age without us. :D

Illegal Indians in Bangladesh

Mohammad Zainal Abedin from Bangladesh

Though Indian government and its print media relentlessly try to prove that the Bangladeshis are intruding into India daily, and Indian BSF (Border Security Forces) personnel engage try to push the Indian Bengali speaking Muslims to Bangladesh, the reality is totally otherwise.

According to the available reports, lakhs of Indians hailing from Indian states of West Bengal, Meghalaya, Assame, Tripura, Mizoram are illegally staying in Bangladesh—from urban to the rural areas. These states are extremely poor and the Indians come to Bangladesh in search of job and better living.

Most of these Indians enter Bangladesh without passport or visa, take shelter in the houses of their relatives. In order to justify them as Bangladeshis they collect certificates and other documents from the respective authorities with the help of their relatives or the agents in exchange of money.

In course of time they start to claim that they are Bangladeshis. Some Hindus, those who do not have relatives in the urban areas introduce themselves as Muslims and provide fake permanent addresses to justify them as Bangladeshis. Due to identical language, physical appearance and structure, none doubts that they are Indian Hindus. So they can easily live in Bangladesh illegally.

In the urban areas these Indians outwardly work in buying houses, garment factories,fashion houses,freight and forwarding agencies, educational institutions, computer training centers,restaurants, advertising agencies, bars and hotels, beauty parlours , guest houses, private firms and business houses. Some of them work as car and taxi drivers and even rickshaw pullers. I personally came across more than one hundred rickshaw pullers in Dhaka City over the last couple of months.

It is learnt that some of these Indian are the agents and operatives of Indian intelligence agency—RAW (Research and Analysis Wing) and they are involved in carrying out subversive activities.They are involved in money laundering,’hoondy’ and smuggling creating devatating effects on the economy.

Besides their outwardjobs, they might have been planted in Bangladesh to carryout sabotage.

It is apprehended these RAW agents might be engaged to create anarchic situation in the
country before and after the forthcoming general elections. Abrupt increase of political killings in the country, particularly robbery in Dhaka in recent days, indicates presence of such people in Bangladesh. Arrest of nine Indian from the venue of Prime Minister’s scheduled meeting at Lakhsam proves the huge presence of RAW agents and operatives in Bangladesh.

It is difficult to ascertain the real figure of the Indians in Bangladesh who are scattered in the rural areas also. To justify the huge presence of the Indians in Bangladesh and the problems that are being surfaced let me quote a report of a Dhaka—based daily. The Choddogram Correspondent of the daily reported that about 1,100 hundred Indians illegally reside in Choddogram, a Bangladeshi Upazila that shares border with Indian state of Tripura. ]

Indians hailing from Tripura state illegally live in all the 14 unions of the Upazila. Tripura lags behind Bangladesh in every sector, having no infrastructure, particularly in the border areas. Indians daily labourers come to Bangladesh illegally to have work, sell and buy commodities in Bangladeshi bazars and meet their relatives living in Bangladesh.

Due to massive intrusion of the Indians local people of ‘Choddogram’ Upazill are becoming jobless, as the Indians work in exchange of lower remuneration than their Bangladeshi counterparts. Workers of almost 80 per cent saloons of Choddogram are Indians. These saloon workers live in Bangladesh illegally.

Many Indians are working in tea-stalls, hotels, groceries, clinics, garment factories, construction and agriculture farms. Many of them work as tailors, bus-conductors, cobblers, carpenters, masons, rickshaw pullers, etc. These Indians reside in Bangladesh enjoying the blessings of a number local influential people.

These Indians are involved in various crimes and anti-social activities. As the Indians do not have any permanent address, they commit various types of crimes, including murder, theft, robbery, rape and just sneak into Indian soil. These Indians bring narcotics like wine, ganja, opium, phensedyl, etc. from India while they smuggle ornaments, diesel, edible oil to India.

Most of these Indians are Hindus. Many of them married local girls belonging to poor families and live in Bangladesh. Some of them left their wives along with three to four children. These children deserted by their Indian fathers live subhuman lives and involve them in anti-social activities to earn their livelihood.

Choddogram is not the only Upazila, where illegal Indians reside permanently. They are available in almost all the villages of Bangladesh if there is at least one Hindu family. There prevails strong public opinion in Bangladesh in favour of arresting all the Indians who illegally enter Bangladesh and live here.

No Indian was ever killed by Bangladesh Rifles when they intruded into Bangladesh. But a survey confirms that 337 Bangladeshis were killed, 466 wounded, 491 kidnapped and 68 women raped during the last five years. BSF detained 467 Bangladeshis while they were either working in their fields or bathing or fishing in the common rivers during the same period.

Bangladeshis cannot go to plough their lands near the border with India. They even cannot fish or bathe in the common rivers. Indians plunder their houses, cattle, paddy fields, and other valuable belongings. India pushes her Bengali speaking Muslims branding them as Bangladeshis.

Under the situation, the government should immediately detect and nab the illegal Indians to avert disruptive activities in the country. It is apprehended that most these Indians will be enrolled in the voter’s list of the coming elections and they may play a vital role to elect the party of Indian choice. So these Indians should immediately be detected and deported to India. Otherwise it will be difficult to expel them in future.*

I told you India has a good amount of dependency from BD economy [and of course strategically], that is why they are desperate to set BAL, but poor Indians pretend as they dont care about bd.

We are their biggest importer among the developing countries in this world [and around 22th in the 150+ countries] and now we see they remit cash from here and BD is no. 5 in that list.

Without BD's assistance, supapawa India is in big trouble! BD brings a great ROI [return on invest] to India's one great project where Hasina is its great loyal manager.

Last edited:
I have no doubt that a lot of Indian lives in Bangladesh and working mainly in Garments sector . it is open secret that in garments mainly in middle management level a lot of Indian and Sri lankan citizen are working without work permit . one of the main reason is we have lack of experience and qualified man power from our country so our garments owner are dependent on them . though the figure of 3.7 billion dollar seems exaggerated as they have to send around 7400/person each year which is not believable as our gdp is 1044 dollar only . however whatever the amount Indian and Srilankan are sending due to our own shortage of manpower in garments middle management position which we should try to fill by introducing program to train our work forces in this segment .only then we can stop draining our valuable resources .

That shows Bangladesh completely depends on us for professional expertise also. :D

Let me burst some bubbles of our dear NON RESIDENT BANGLADESHIS:partay:

1) Bangladesh is a 15 years behind India as far as corporate environment and culture is concerned.
2) It even lags Pakistan as far as the matter stated above is concerned!

Facts: (They are in a random order:oops:)
  1. BBA from a Tier I institute like IBA (Dhaka), North South University is the best Edu. qualification and generally attracts the best talent which will get recruited in the corporate sector.
  2. The best Engineering institute BUET really suffers when placements are concerned and would always be a second preference after IBA if the candidate is undecided.
  3. BBA from a premier institute is CHEAPER than MBA:rofl: BBA from NSU (without Schol. = BDT 7 Lakhs), MBA from the same is 3 Lakhs:azn:
  4. Technocrats from BUET don't run the country.......
  5. Other than IBA and the other 5 top private BBA colleges in Dhaka, barely 10% of the students have jobs:tsk:
  6. The average age of a BBA graduate is 23-24 years as per certificate (Almost 90% of the individuals have there DOBs altered by 1 year at least)
  7. Children are in class I by the age of 8!!!!:eek:
  8. One starts as an executive or an officer (first job entry level) at the age of 25:drag:
  9. Universities like Rajshahi or Chittagong have a ...wait for it....."Session Joth" ...translated as Session Jam. Lets say you joined a BBA course in 2005. Since its a 4 years course in BD :stop:...you graduate in 2009. But due to postponement of exams due to political turmoil of any manner you graduate in 2011...a bloody 6 year BBA :suicide:. It happens every year in these 2 universities:nono:
  10. The elite in BD, study for a board called EDEXCEL which awards A level and O Level (HSC and SSC). The papers are sent to England for evaluation:laughcry:
  11. P&G wanted 3 Management trainees from BD (IBA only)...It took its Assessement test and psychometric tests, none qualified...they had to drop the psych evals....and finally zeroed in on one!
  12. Levers had to trim the UFLP program to suit BD (The only Asian subsidiary to do so)
  13. Stan C's IG program gets a RM appointment after a secondment stint of 6 months (No Investment Banking profiles for BD qualifiers yet...it started for BD 5 years ago)
  14. Microsoft withdrew its Program Manager position after keeping it on float for 8 months
  15. British American Tobacco cannot confirm its ATO (Entry level) positions to TO for almost 3 years now...(most of them are from Tier 2 institutes)
I know I'm being a bit harsh....but these are the ground realities.
Good talent in BD is scarce ...extremely scarce...
The bad thing is ....such talent has a huge tendency to immigrate!!

I sincerely hope BD catches up quick!
There is a huge opportunity there.

I have debunked this bs before.

The remittance to India from Bangladesh, the numbers don't add up. If there are 500,000 Indian workers in Bangladesh and they are remitting $3716 Million in a year, thats around $7500 per person per annum remittance. If each Indian labour is sending that kind of money back home, they must be making atleast $10,000 as opposed to $1050 per capita gdp of Bangladesh. Geez I wonder whats so special about these Indian labourers that they are being paid 10 times more than an average Bangladeshi:woot:.

It looks like a lot of Bangladeshi black money is coming to India in the name of "Remittance". I guess the RAWAMI dalals are taking their money to a "safer" location. Good for us.

Hey don't you dare Deceive our dear OP:woot:

Last edited:
I thought i was the master of trolling with facts before i started reading this thread . Sir @Roybot makes me look like a elementary school kid in this art .

Let me burst some bubbles of our dear NON RESIDENT BANGLADESHIS:partay:

1) Bangladesh is a 15 years behind India as far as corporate environment and culture is concerned.
2) It even lags Pakistan as far as the matter stated above is concerned!

Facts: (They are in a random order:oops:)
  1. BBA from a Tier I institute like IBA (Dhaka), North South University is the best Edu. qualification and generally attracts the best talent which will get recruited in the corporate sector.
  2. The best Engineering institute BUET really suffers when placements are concerned and would always be a second preference after IBA if the candidate is undecided.
  3. BBA from a premier institute is CHEAPER than MBA:rofl: BBA from NSU (without Schol. = BDT 7 Lakhs), MBA from the same is 3 Lakhs:azn:
  4. Technocrats from BUET don't run the country.......
  5. Other than IBA and the other 5 top private BBA colleges in Dhaka, barely 10% of the students have jobs:tsk:
  6. The average age of a BBA graduate is 23-24 years as per certificate (Almost 90% of the individuals have there DOBs altered by 1 year at least)
  7. Children are in class I by the age of 8!!!!:eek:
  8. One starts as an executive or an officer (first job entry level) at the age of 25:drag:
  9. Universities like Rajshahi or Chittagong have a ...wait for it....."Session Joth" ...translated as Session Jam. Lets say you joined a BBA course in 2005. Since its a 4 years course in BD :stop:...you graduate in 2009. But due to postponement of exams due to political turmoil of any manner you graduate in 2011...a bloody 6 year BBA :suicide:. It happens every year in these 2 universities:nono:
  10. The elite in BD, study for a board called EDEXCEL which awards A level and O Level (HSC and SSC). The papers are sent to England for evaluation:laughcry:
  11. P&G wanted 3 Management trainees from BD (IBA only)...It took its Assessement test and psychometric tests, none qualified...they had to drop the psych evals....and finally zeroed in on one!
  12. Levers had to trim the UFLP program to suit BD (The only Asian subsidiary to do so)
  13. Stan C's IG program gets a RM appointment after a secondment stint of 6 months (No Investment Banking profiles for BD qualifiers yet...it started for BD 5 years ago)
  14. Microsoft withdrew its Program Manager position after keeping it on float for 8 months
  15. British American Tobacco cannot confirm its ATO (Entry level) positions to TO for almost 3 years now...(most of them are from Tier 2 institutes)
I know I'm being a bit harsh....but these are the ground realities.
Good talent in BD is scarce ...extremely scarce...
The bad thing is ....such talent has a huge tendency to immigrate!!

I sincerely hope BD catches up quick!
There is a huge opportunity there.

Mind blowing!! This explains the behavior of an average Bangladeshi in this forum. I just saved it for future reference. :D

Awww.. Its another one of the cutie idune...

Just $3.7 Bill..? It must be increased to $10 Bill... I want Bangladesh to fund MRCA.. Afterall we provide security to their regime.

Sending money out is pain in the arse for most common Bangladeshis. How come Indians are able to send so much molla.....

Anyways a feel good thread and an old trick from the Bangladeshi book of seeking attention :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom