What's new

INDIAN Emergency Services (POLICE, AMBULANCE,FIRE)

601507_10151419974539554_399342772_n.jpg

Why don't they give the squad a modern camo rather than the khaki.

Agreed- it is just not sensible. For regular police force fine but for a tactical group like SWAT? It is just stupid!

Why don't they give the squad a modern camo rather than the khaki.

Agreed- it is just not sensible. For regular police force fine but for a tactical group like SWAT? It is just stupid!

Actually I have never seen any SWAT team wear Camo? Is it even needed? I mean they operate in urban environment after all, not sure how effective camo will be in such setting.

American SWAT Teams

3311812090_3c2c6f2d85.jpg

1801623.jpg

1324437456874.jpg

British

8581d1335561094-british-policing-2012-metropolitan-police-co19-firearms-unit.jpg

French

COPS-532_1475984a.jpg

What they need is modern tactical vest, light weight kevlar BFJ and helmets. The current one looks too bulky.

article-2092415-1179A976000005DC-109_306x447.jpg

Actually I have never seen any SWAT team wear Camo? Is it even needed? I mean they operate in urban environment after all, not sure how effective camo will be in such setting.

American SWAT Teams

3311812090_3c2c6f2d85.jpg

British

8581d1335561094-british-policing-2012-metropolitan-police-co19-firearms-unit.jpg

French

COPS-532_1475984a.jpg

What they need is modern tactical vest, light weight kevlar BFJ and helmets. The current one looks too bulky.

article-2092415-1179A976000005DC-109_306x447.jpg
I wasn't calling for a camo for police units all I was saying was the Khaki is stupid. A navy blue like FORCE ONE has is sufficient IMHO. And you can never go wrong with black.

Wrt having never seen a western SWAT team in camo, well it many do and some point to the fact the US police is becoming ever more a Paramilitary force, but whatever here you go:

swat2.jpg

swat92863119.jpg

2007071215.jpg

It seems for aesthetic "bad a$$" reasons more than anything else and certainly does not seem to be in any way for legitimate tactical reasons.

I wish that the police actually considers homogenizing the uniform countrywide. I mean what's the effing point of copying European styles of police? They are cold countries that can do with woolen berets, hard boots, heavy belts and synthetic fabric. But in Indian tropical conditions it is extremely difficult for a constable or even an inspector to wear such crazy outfit. Even police here in mountainous states don't feel comfortable. I can imagine what a pain in the @$$ it would be to wear that trashy uniform in Haryana's or Rajasthan's heat or Tamil Nadu's/Andhra Pradesh's killing humidity + heat.

e3bb088bcbc891ff6f2302c548b3_grande.jpg

Check this out. Brazilian highway police. The cop here has all the essentials and yet is dressed comfortably. Utility belt, cotton T shirt, cotton cargo pants, light boots (can be replaced with black sport shoes in our case), a light baseball cap and a place to keep a bottle of water (on his belt).

That's how all of India's police should be except maybe in J&K, Himachal, here (Sikkim), Uttarakhand and Arunachal.

Civil law enforcement should be centralized and disciplined along the lines of CISF or CRPF. They are better behaved and yet strict in enforcing the law when push comes to a shove, compared to majority of state police in our country; The worst being UP, Haryana and Delhi police.

Those clunky 303s area like carrying barbells around. Instead, the constables should also be issued pistols (not revolvers) with easily changeable magazines, tazers and short light batons like how US issues. A lathi is so colonial and archaic. They should also be issued quality sunglasses in hotter states (a state prerogative here) to make them comfortable.

And police payments should drastically increase in smaller cities.

Come on, they are also humans. They also have families and kids. How are they supposed to survive on say INR 8,000 a month? Also if their working conditions, attire and work culture was made a bit more comfortable, even they will be sincere.

Back
Top Bottom