• Good

Votes: 161 61.7%
  • Average

Votes: 53 20.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 47 18.0%

• Total voters
GE2.png

Please note that I know the answer, just testing people here against their knowledge:

thats a sanding hose.

Yes it is called sand nozzle.

sandbox.png

They are filling the sand.
Gives a good grip on the braking system...
In front of first axle.
But not in the bullet trains though ;)

Good job Mr. Anant

Now if i may ask, what is this (inside yellow circle) for
tn_in-ge-loco-railwaygazette.jpg

Now if i may ask, what is this (inside yellow circle) for
View attachment 402122

Seems like high pressure rail cleaner.
But the dark image within yellow circles hampers me.

What part is it?

For example I depicted the hose and asked for the hose.
If you describe me item or part albeit vaguely, I will tell you.

Seems like high pressure rail cleaner.
But the dark image within yellow circles hampers me.

What part is it?

For example I depicted the hose and asked for the hose.
If you describe me item or part albeit vaguely, I will tell you.
Thats a wheel slip detector.
i asked the question as its functioning precedes that of sander. It measures ground speed and wheel speed and in case tractive effort exceeds the net adhesive weight, leading to heating damage on wheels and rail, it initiates corrective action. whenever such a condition is detected, sanding is initiated which increases coefficient of friction (f). Since mass of locomotive is fixed, increase in f, increases Adhesive weight (Weight of locomotive x f), thereby reducing or elimination of slippage.

Thats a wheel slip detector.
i asked the question as its functioning precedes that of sander. It measures ground speed and wheel speed and in case tractive effort exceeds the net adhesive weight, leading to heating damage on wheels and rail, it initiates corrective action. whenever such a condition is detected, sanding is initiated which increases coefficient of friction (f). Since mass of locomotive is fixed, increase in f, increases Adhesive weight (Weight of locomotive x f), thereby reducing or elimination of slippage.

Ok so its creep control detector.

What answer has the following:

quizy.png

god speed for indian railways :D .... wen do the tamil nadu gets IR attention in engine development :(.

Indian freight cost is amongst the highest in the world, despite India being a low income country.

frieght.png

Back
Top Bottom