Votes: 161 61.7%
  • Average

Votes: 53 20.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 47 18.0%

• Total voters
See this graph:

india-inflation-rate.png

So in fact, a double-digit inflation rate is quite normal for India.

It even went up to 16% on that chart.

It will worst in next year with the global economic crisis!

@IndMaster

Worry about current account deficit of your own country, US which is at 118 billion $ (If you are really an American:azn:)

@IndoCarib. Our economy is ten times of yours while cad is only 6 times. Looks like India is doing way worse by its small size. Why do you worry about U.S. economy? Could it be you are not a real Indian?

@IndoCarib. Our economy is ten times of yours while cad is only 6 times. Looks like India is doing way worse by its small size. Why do you worry about U.S. economy? Could it be you are not a real Indian?

Dude are you kidding me the whole time if you watch Fox or CNN the only thing you hear is the slow down in Economy and the deficit. Are kidding me, the US economy is in worst condition that even India. The Obama administration has taken so much debt that it crossed to $15 trillion mark which equals US's GDP. Just a while ago there was huge debate on increasing the debt limit, otherwise Timothy Geithner had warned of a default. Turn on the news and watch what is happening with our economy first.

Dude are you kidding me the whole time if you watch Fox or CNN the only thing you hear is the slow down in Economy and the deficit. Are kidding me, the US economy is in worst condition that even India. The Obama administration has taken so much debt that it crossed to $15 trillion mark which equals US's GDP. Just a while ago there was huge debate on increasing the debt limit, otherwise Timothy Geithner had warned of a default. Turn on the news and watch what is happening with our economy first.

Off topic. Open a new thread if you are so inclined.

Maybe this is responsible for the string of riots in India this year, high even for India. If this continues the situation might escalate even more next year. The global recession is hitting India harder than I expected.
Its not just India, its happening every where, its mostly due to the Euro crisis most of the world is feeling the effect of the slow down in global demands. The protests are happening all over the world, even in US there are many protests now a days, though the protests don't turn to riots. I don't think there are too many countries that didn't saw a slow down in their economy and industrial out put. Just hope that by next year all the things are straightened out in the EU so the world can move on again.

We had to sacrifice growth of couple of quarters to tame inflation.

Here is the last weeks' data on inflation Food inflation at four-year low of 1.8%

6.9% was last quaters GDP growth. In the first quarter it was 7.7%.

It'll pick up in the 3rd and 4th quarter since food inflation has come down RBI will take steps like decrease interest rates which it increased in 13 straight quarterly reviews. In the last review, the RBI halted its increase of interest rates.

Kinda' like you right now?

If what I said constitutes as "jumping up and down" how would you characterize all the threads on Chinese inflation and potential economic collapse and so forth? I wasn't trying to be antagonistic, I was merely making an observation.

If what I said constitutes as "jumping up and down" how would you characterize all the threads on Chinese inflation and potential economic collapse and so forth? I wasn't trying to be antagonistic, I was merely making an observation.

Observation my a**! :lol: Sounded like the start of a usual whiney rant to me. And yes, that is what we call "jumping up and down". One of your friends here is well versed in the trade.

Observation my a**! :lol: Sounded like the start of a usual whiney rant to me. And yes, that is what we call "jumping up and down". One of your friends here is well versed in the trade.

How was that a whinny rant when compared with the atrocious trolling that we see around here?

Food inflation falls to 0.42%, RBI may cut rates next month

NEW DELHI – India's food inflation rate in the third week of December rose at its slowest pace in more than five years, bolstering hopes of a steady easing in overall price pressures that would let the central bank focus on stimulating growth.

The wholesale price index-based food inflation rate in the week ended Dec. 17 fell sharply to 0.42% year-on-year, compared with 1.82% in the preceding week, as prices of fruits and vegetables eased, government data showed Thursday. This was the eighth successive weekly fall in the inflation rate and the reading is the lowest since April 2006, analysts said.

Enlarge Image

The food inflation print is the lowest ever in the new series that was adopted in 2010 with 2004-2005 as the base year, said Shubhada Rao, chief economist at Yes Bank.

Food inflation had last risen less than 1% in January 2008.

Analysts expect food inflation to ease further, helped by seasonal factors and a comparison with high index levels last year.

"Food inflation was anyway a supply-side problem, and we still have to see if the Reserve Bank of India's tightening has had a significant impact on manufactured products inflation," said Amol Agarwal, an economist at STCI Primary Dealership.

Despite several interest-rate increases over the past 21 months, overall price pressures had shown little sign of easing and the central bank has consistently blamed structural issues as the main culprit for rising prices.

Headline inflation remained above 9% for 12 months through November, but economic growth is stuttering in Asia's third-largest economy.

A sharp fall in the Indian rupee against the U.S. dollar has added to the inflation pressure as import costs have ballooned, widening the trade gap.

The RBI's decision to hold the key policy rate steady at its Dec. 16 review meeting indicates its focus has now shifted to economic growth, which decelerated to 6.9% in the July-September period, the slowest in more than two years.
Food inflation falls to 0.42%, RBI may cut rates next month

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom