What's new

Indian doctors indirectly murders 40 indian patients

LetsGetRowdy

Reaction score
At least 40 patients die amid India doctors' strike

CNN) -- More than 40 patients have died in the last five days amid an ongoing strike by doctors at public hospitals in India's Rajasthan state, CNN sister network CNN-IBN reported Sunday.

The government has suspended 40 doctors, and 390 others have been arrested for failing to perform their duties, CNN-IBN reported.

Some 10,000 doctors remained on strike. The doctors, who work at government-run hospitals that cater to the poor, are demanding higher salaries and better promotion opportunities that are on par with their counterparts in federal medical services.

But so far, the state government has not budged.

Instead, it made interim arrangements by bringing in 373 military doctors Saturday, said Dr. Lokendra Sharma of SMS Medical College in Jaipur. Another 1,000 doctors will be brought in Monday, he said.

Attempts by CNN to reach state health officials were unsuccessful.

"Patients, they are dying," said Dr. Ganpat Chandra Gupta, an anesthesiologist.

He said the government needs to negotiate with the state's government doctors.

"They are working in poor conditions," he said. "The government is deaf and dumb and blind."

Some questioned whether doctors ought to go on strike, risking death and injury for the sick.

But doctors in other Indian states sent letters of support for the peers in Rajasthan condemning the "insensitive and callous attitude" of the state government.

At least 40 patients die amid India doctors' strike - CNN.com
Source is CNN, not CCTV for those who care.

Comments from article:

vincentak: I wonder what these third-world governments do with all the dollars they gain as tax from all the outsourced jobs...Just spend billions on arms and defence purchases, maybe?

TruePeaceNYC: Human life has no value in India.

coyolxauhqu1: disgraceful.

sazmi18: Hey, you wanted to save peoples' lives and become a doctor, so why are you whining about the low pay? You still make a significantly higher income than most Indians.

askn1234: Where's the U.S. Troops & NATO! Go and bomb them because the Indian regime is killing people!

StarGene: Greed literally killing poor people. Wow

native2010: LOL....Doctor is like let him die. I aint gonna work on him until i get a raise.

kevin49: A doctor who walks away from a sick or dying patient deserves the same treatment from his own doctor.

slupdawg69: So much for that hippocratic oath thingy. Maybe they don't have such a thing in India.

hlmelsaid: Innocent people,victims.

billnancy: coming soon to america thanks to obama care

They gonna get a raise over the 40 souls...good going. There is a doctor above all watching all these

i think they need to evoke ESMA against these guys. they chose a profession but want not to abide by its rules of putting the patient first.:disagree:

why dont you blame Govt for not negotiating with doctors instead of putting all blames on doctors

"They are working in poor conditions," he said. "The government is deaf and dumb and blind."

Some questioned whether doctors ought to go on strike, risking death and injury for the sick.

But doctors in other Indian states sent letters of support for the peers in Rajasthan condemning the "insensitive and callous attitude" of the state government

It is not doctors fault that govt could not arrange alternatives. But they should give prior warning before they go on strike.

were is my faimily doctor mr somnath ? is he banned till now damn ?:lol:

whenever its about doctors pay people become over emotional and blame doctors for everything but they dont think for a moment that doctors are also human beings and have families to feed , they had private life too . They blame doctors whatever bad happens but dont blame the Govt which is not even try to listen to doctors and keep ignoring their legal demands ,
whenever someones dies in hospital even without the fault of doctor the relatives start blaming doctor and even they beat the doctor , doctors have no security even at his work place , sometimes doctors specially HOs and PGs have to work without pay but then why people dont raise their voice for those doctors ?
People usually have high expectations from doctors which is wrong thing, docs are also human beings and they have their needs , when some other govt servants raise voice for their salary everyone support them when doctor raise his voice people say he is greedy what a hypocrisy .
If you talk about the duties of doctors then why you forget the rights of a doctor ?
Criticism is much easier and everyone can do it but try to see the hardships in the life of a doctor and compare it with others then you will know the difference ..

why dont you blame Govt for not negotiating with doctors instead of putting all blames on doctors

But doctors in other Indian states sent letters of support for the peers in Rajasthan condemning the "insensitive and callous attitude" of the state government

I can understand your allegiance to the fellow professionals but one comment on the article itself answers your question:

sazmi18: Hey, you wanted to save peoples' lives and become a doctor, so why are you whining about the low pay? You still make a significantly higher income than most Indians.

Doctors in India mostly did their education in Govt Medical Colleges under Govt subsidy (which comes out of the tax payed by everyone including the poorest of the poor who are now dying in the hospital) and are payed significantly higher than an average Indian, not to mention they are highly respected. So this attitude of theirs is highly regrettable and if it was me I would have cancelled their licence.

---------- Post added at 02:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

whenever its about doctors pay people become over emotional and blame doctors for everything but they dont think for a moment that doctors are also human beings and have families to feed , they had private life too . They blame doctors whatever bad happens but dont blame the Govt which is not even try to listen to doctors and keep ignoring their legal demands ,
whenever someones dies in hospital even without the fault of doctor the relatives start blaming doctor and even they beat the doctor , doctors have no security even at his work place , sometimes doctors specially HOs and PGs have to work without pay but then why people dont raise their voice for those doctors ?
People usually have high expectations from doctors which is wrong thing, docs are also human beings and they have their needs , when some other govt servants raise voice for their salary everyone support them when doctor raise his voice people say he is greedy what a hypocrisy .
If you talk about the duties of doctors then why you forget the rights of a doctor ?
Criticism is much easier and everyone can do it but try to see the hardships in the life of a doctor and compare it with others then you will know the difference ..

I don't know about Pakistan, but doctors in India are payed well. PGs get stipend from Govt..but inspite of all this if they want higher pay they should quit the govt service and go elsewhere rather than putting the lives of poor people in danger.

It is not doctors fault that govt could not arrange alternatives. But they should give prior warning before they go on strike.
Usually when doctors are on strike they withdraw their services from OPD but the emergency department works , they usually attend patients in emergency . People die in hospitals everyday ( its natural thing ) and media dont mention it but when this strike type things happen they start mentioning the number and this shows that lot of people died due to strike but actually its almost the same number as other days ....
One thing more , why media dont mention the number of lives doctors saved everyday ?

There was also a strike of young doctors in Pakistan in March/April 2011 for increase in their salaries. I agree its very hard work and long struggle to become a doctor and they should have reasonable pay but they should not forget their oath that they will consider the suffering of patients before their personal interests/gains

I know some experienced doctors who are making 2/3 lakh a day and still dont offer any discount to poor patients which is simply greed/lust

I can understand your allegiance to the fellow professionals but one comment on the article itself answers your question:

Doctors in India mostly did their education in Govt Medical Colleges under Govt subsidy (which comes out of the tax payed by everyone including the poorest of the poor who are now dying in the hospital) and are payed significantly higher than an average Indian, not to mention they are highly respected. So this attitude of theirs is highly regrettable and if it was me I would have cancelled their licence.

---------- Post added at 02:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

I don't know about Pakistan, but doctors in India are payed well. PGs get stipend from Govt..but inspite of all this if they want higher pay they should quit the govt service and go elsewhere rather than putting the lives of poor people in danger.
Only serving humanity will not feed you and your family , if you want to serve humanity you should have to serve your family too your family is also part of humanity . Its a wrong thing that people says that only medical profession is for the service of humanity , all other departments have the duty to serve humanity . People forget about themselves and raise finger towards doctors ,
I agree that Govt pays for the education of doctors but Govt also pays for the engineers and other departments in Govt universities , Isolating medical and say that Govt pay only for medical field not other departments is a wrong thinking .
you said that doctors earn more than many other indians . You may be right but they are well established doctors not younger doctors and many Indian who have lower degrees earn more than docs what about them ?
If you want a comparison then make a comparison on the basis of qualification . you cant compare a doctor with a driver for salary comparison .

Only serving humanity will not feed you and your family , if you want to serve humanity you should have to serve your family too your family is also part of humanity .

and you think that doctors are not getting enough to feed their families as compare to rest of the profession

There was also a strike of young doctors in Pakistan in March/April 2011 for increase in their salaries. I agree its very hard work and long struggle to become a doctor and they should have reasonable pay but they should not forget their oath that they will consider the suffering of patients before their personal interests/gains

I know some experienced doctors who are making 2/3 lakh a day and still dont offer any discount to poor patients which is simply greed/lust
During YDA strike in Pakistan the young doctors left the emergencies because Govt left them no other option , Govt even did not pay attentiion to their demands for months thats why they are forced to leave OPDs and emergencies but the emergencies and OPDs were not fully closed , senior doctors were not on strike they were on their duties at that time .
Many doctors HOs and PGs work without pay . In Fauji foundation hospital the pay of HOs is 13500 RS per month . is this a justice and many HOs even do their house jobs without any pay in many hospitals .
About last part of post : I agree with you that many doctors are greedy and they dont care about poor patients and that is worst thing . These type of doctors are shame for our profession

---------- Post added at 02:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------

and you think that doctors are not getting enough to feed their families as compare to rest of the profession
Few months back the pay of House Officer was 24,000 almost and if compare it with pay of DEWO driver then you will get you answer .

Only serving humanity will not feed you and your family , if you want to serve humanity you should have to serve your family too your family is also part of humanity . Its a wrong thing that people says that only medical profession is for the service of humanity , all other departments have the duty to serve humanity . People forget about themselves and raise finger towards doctors ,
I agree that Govt pays for the education of doctors but Govt also pays for the engineers and other departments in Govt universities , Isolating medical and say that Govt pay only for medical field not other departments is a wrong thinking .
you said that doctors earn more than many other indians . You may be right but they are well established doctors not younger doctors and many Indian who have lower degrees earn more than docs what about them ?
If you want a comparison then make a comparison on the basis of qualification . you cant compare a doctor with a driver for salary comparison .

Man you should come to my home town and see how much a doctor earns in a government hospital. These doctors should be jailed, they earn more than enough money than an average indian would earn for three months worth of work. My mom studied in Ludhiana, and after that she worked at a government hospital she earned quite well, and never complained about the pay.

Not as much as the medical field. If you want to study medicine in India in a Pvt Medical College it will set you back 40 to 50 lakhs. On the otherhand you may be spending only a lakh for an MBBS degree in Govt Medical College.

Below is a link for notification by Kerala Govt for recruitment to the post of Asst Surgeon

http://www.keralapsc.org/noti11/cat%20321-11.pdf
The salary is around 39,000 rupees which is a comparatively high salary in my place even in this inflation hit times and correct me if I am wrong but I think Asst Surgeon is a junior rank, so you can imagine how much the senior positions make.

F1 drivers make way more than an ordinary doctor..some CEOs in India earn more than the Indian president.

You cannot fix salaries on the basis of qualification, but you do it on the basis of market demand.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom