What's new

Indian Defence Budget Could Touch US$ 40 Billion In 2009

Hey this article is inconclusive of anything. I will just post some of the parts.

Finally, with regard to laser blinding -- it is not as easy as it sounds to "blind" an optical satellite with a laser. I'm no physicist, but as I understand it, imaging satellites usually work in several wavelengths, meaning first of all you'd have to have lasers in all the colors that match those wavelengths to blind the sat, not just one single wavelength laser beam. Secondly, because of the way imaging sats work, taking pictures of strips of the Earth using strips of pixels, you'd have to figure out how to blind all the pixels -- which apparently is so hard as to be well nigh impossible. And I note that as far as I know, we haven't gotten that far with Starfire, so what makes us so sure the Chinese are ahead of us there?

If you ask me, the story raises more questions than answers

So, nothing conclusive whether you have the capability or not. In short stop making claims before having some concrete evidence.

I think you should come back to planet earth before its to late for you and dont forget to take your medicine. Pre emptive strike against Pakistan. Would you ever dare to do that or you would request Israel to help you out...:pakistan:

I said pre-emptive strike against pakistan and not against US.

Come to the planet earth and you will realize that even Afghanistan is threatening you. :lol:

According to your stats, 4.3% of China's $3.42 trillion GDP would give her a defense budget of $147 billion, how could India match up with that? :coffee:

BTW, China has already deployed land-based high-intensity laser weapon for missile defense in Tibet, your nukes can't even hit Lhasa, let alone Beijing. :wave:

4662cde70863127f7c7b5a475ee0951f.gif

Read again. Did I ever say that china's defence budget is 4.3% ?????
I think you need glasses. :disagree:

And regd your laser missile defence, please give me a valied link to prove your claim.

Dude learn some manners before you start harping again with your frustrated mind. How many times in any of the previous conflicts, did china intervene? What makes you think that we see china as our master. Stop ranting and post something constructive. Your increase in defence budget hasnt made us loose our sleep and we sure dont need any outside help in an event of conflict with You guys. We can take care of it on our own.

Look who is talking about manners!!
Most of the pakistani members in this forum wish china will support them in a war and call china as their saviour. Why were you quiet then?

1971 was deliberately started in the winter [December], to prevent chinese forces fron interfering. Cos, with heavy snow its easy to defend than attack.

Times have changed.

Come to the planet earth and you will realize that even Afghanistan is threatening you. :lol:

Talwar,

Take your sarcasm a few notches down because others will start dishing some your way and I do not want to see another thread go down the usual path. Otherwise like many other threads where you post your condescending remarks, this too will go south. Consider this a warning, next time I will start deleting certain remarks.

Talwar,

Take your sarcasm a few notches down because others will start dishing some your way and I do not want to see another thread go down the usual path. Otherwise like many other threads where you post your condescending remarks, this too will go south. Consider this a warning, next time I will start deleting certain remarks.

What do you expect me to do when Skywalker sends a post like post #18.
Sit quiet and watch. Is this not a public thread to post personal opinions ?
Yes, I was talking about pre-emptive strike. Is that not a practical scenario ??
Why then I am attacked personally while talking about pre-emptive strike.
Its a very much military subject and no bollywood story!!

Originally Posted by Skywalker
I think you should come back to planet earth before its to late for you and dont forget to take your medicine. Pre emptive strike against Pakistan. Would you ever dare to do that or you would request Israel to help you out...

Why then you did not take action when I was attacked personally. If you had, I would have refrained from posting in the same coin.

I am willing to keep the discussion healthy, but it would need cooperation from other members of this forum too.

Talwar, your "opinions" are nothing short of trash. If you actually bother to look into the "point" you're supposedly trying to make you'd realize that the possibility of a preemptive strike by the Indian military against anyone (Pakistan or otherwise) is practically impossible. Here are few simple impediments you might want to consider prior to posting nonsense:

1. Preemptive strikes are not a part of the Indian Armed Forces' doctrine.
2. No branch of the Indian military or paramilitary forces can initiate a strike operation upon another sovereign nation without getting approval from the parliament. The parliament on the other hand will refer to the armed forces' doctrine prior to making their decision; which in this case will be a definitive NO barring some acute extenuating circumstance.
3. Pakistan unlike India does not have a "no first use policy" on their nuclear arsenal specifically for this purpose. And no prime minister or parliament member is going to want to sacrifice economic growth, and subsequently their career over a war of choice.

What do you expect me to do when Skywalker sends a post like post #18.
Sit quiet and watch. Is this not a public thread to post personal opinions ?
Yes, I was talking about pre-emptive strike. Is that not a practical scenario ??
Why then I am attacked personally while talking about pre-emptive strike.
Its a very much military subject and no bollywood story!!

Why then you did not take action when I was attacked personally. If you had, I would have refrained from posting in the same coin.

I am willing to keep the discussion healthy, but it would need cooperation from other members of this forum too.

#18 is your own post. Skywalker has a personal point about you not taking medicine. That you can respond to as well but not at the expense of Pakistan. My point is with statements like
"Come to the planet earth and you will realize that even Afghanistan is threatening you. :lol:"

Even though I was not involved in that discussion but I felt slighted by these silly comments as they are nothing short of a flame. In the past, I have said the same to you, your comments sometimes don't come out as you may intend them to be because they are insulting and many Pakistanis here would be more than happy to take down the quality of this debate a few more notches just to be able to respond to such silly insults. I don't want that to happen.

it wudnt surprise me 2 no tht india wud b spending $60billion on their defence by 2009,but it sure was shoking for me to read on the "wikipedia" tht pakistan is spending $7.50billion on their defnce in 2008.
India miht well end up as a superpower, but i dont think tht pak needs to worry about tht, cuz u all might fight 1000s of wars in kashmir, we might snd 1000s of our troops to afghanistan, but its 21st century and war is the last answer of gaining independence.

guys, chill. the reason for hike is also due to increasing cost of fuel, cost of purchasing and maintaining wepaonry and also for increasing indian troop salaries.

and in case you havent noticed, lot of the indian armed forces equipment is old and obsolete. they have to be replaced to maintain credible deterrence in the future. so this hike is a move that any country would adopt in the situation we r in right now.

guys, chill. the reason for hike is also due to increasing cost of fuel, cost of purchasing and maintaining wepaonry and also for increasing indian troop salaries.

and in case you havent noticed, lot of the indian armed forces equipment is old and obsolete. they have to be replaced to maintain credible deterrence in the future. so this hike is a move that any country would adopt in the situation we r in right now.

And also we increased the budget to tackle our hostile neighbors and tell them to not mess with us. :whistle:

as if they giv a damn or does it matter.its bout quality bro not quantity.if 1 pak soldier dies killing 10 armed and trained enemies a day, 1 indian soldier dies afta commitin sucide for killin 100s of un armed innocent civilians!!

Dear Mx,

Some high lights from the article you posted

Chinese Laser vs. U.S. Sats?

NOTE THE QUESTION MARK !

Now, the article is a little short on details. "It remains unclear how many times the ground-based laser was tested against U.S. spacecraft or whether it was successful," the story says.

That's not exactly right. What the report actually says isn't quite so definitive:

Regards

AN

Chinese Laser vs. U.S. Sats?

OOOO!!!! Alien technology

for the record, there is not a single power system in the world today that can fire a high intensity laser at a distance of 10km let alone 400km to 1000km. the laser will not even be able to penetrate the ionosphere, meaning the ionosphere has a lot of valence(free) electrons which would disrupt the wavelength of the laser

Back
Top Bottom