What's new

Indian debt trap in Bangladesh

im not an anti indian,anti hindu nor a supporter of BNP or AL neither do i stay in bd... its jus wat i feel abt wat india is doing abt da transit is a little unfair.... firstly indias pressing bd 2 waiver duties on ODCs ill leave da link, read da news...moreover u want 2 knw abt chainas 5% interest loan???well dey didnt giv it for their use its for us whereas here its india who will b using it...if u say i bd can take goods 2 bhutan or nepal now cuz of da infrastructure den trust me we dont hav a da slightest chance of making a market dere...india has already flooded da markets of nepal and bhutan....more job opportunities cuz of hotels gas stations??firstly we hav a severe gas scarcity in our country hw will i fuel ur trucks??and hotel??hw much does an indian truck driver get paid dat hes gonna stay in hotels???or do we build additional parking lots for ur trucks???truck drivers and helpers sleep in da truck itself da seats can b made fully flat for sleeping...ppl r gonna lose their homes for da expansion of roads cuz dere r slums rite beside da proposed track....if u say bd can transfer goods around da country more faster and a better transport system will encourage more foreign investment den mind telling me hw??cuz da roads will b jammed wid trucks day and nite...again im not an anti indian if wat u did was realli a gud thing for bd and its ppl y r dey protesting despite da gov onli saying its da wisest decision or r dey all anti indian??im not talking abt BNPs 1 here....india agreed 2 sell us 250mw of power despite having a scarcity in india itself i praise ur help u allowed 100 students full scholarship again i praise ur help ur part in 1971 is unforgettable but dis isnt a rite thing...if u were a realli gud neighbour im sure u wouldnt harm us wid da name of doing gud think abt dat... im not an anti indian,anti hindu nor a supporter of BNP or AL neither do i stay in bd... its jus wat i feel india is doing abt da transit is unfair.... firstly indias pressing bd 2 waiver duties on ODCs ill leave da link, read da news P.S. read da 3rd and last para properly...

im not an anti indian,anti hindu nor a supporter of BNP or AL neither do i stay in bd... its jus wat i feel abt wat india is doing abt da transit is a little unfair.... firstly indias pressing bd 2 waiver duties on ODCs ill leave da link, read da news...moreover u want 2 knw abt chainas 5% interest loan???well dey didnt giv it for their use its for us whereas here its india who will b using it...if u say i bd can take goods 2 bhutan or nepal now cuz of da infrastructure den trust me we dont hav a da slightest chance of making a market dere...india has already flooded da markets of nepal and bhutan....more job opportunities cuz of hotels gas stations??firstly we hav a severe gas scarcity in our country hw will i fuel ur trucks??and hotel??hw much does an indian truck driver get paid dat hes gonna stay in hotels???or do we build additional parking lots for ur trucks???truck drivers and helpers sleep in da truck itself da seats can b made fully flat for sleeping...ppl r gonna lose their homes for da expansion of roads cuz dere r slums rite beside da proposed track....if u say bd can transfer goods around da country more faster and a better transport system will encourage more foreign investment den mind telling me hw??cuz da roads will b jammed wid trucks day and nite...again im not an anti indian if wat u did was realli a gud thing for bd and its ppl y r dey protesting despite da gov onli saying its da wisest decision or r dey all anti indian??im not talking abt BNPs 1 here....india agreed 2 sell us 250mw of power despite having a scarcity in india itself i praise ur help u allowed 100 students full scholarship again i praise ur help ur part in 1971 is unforgettable but dis isnt a rite thing...if u were a realli gud neighbour im sure u wouldnt harm us wid da name of doing gud think abt dat... im not an anti indian,anti hindu nor a supporter of BNP or AL neither do i stay in bd... its jus wat i feel india is doing abt da transit is unfair.... firstly indias pressing bd 2 waiver duties on ODCs ill leave da link, read da news P.S. read da 3rd and last para properly...

I don't know much about this matter so I have only one thing to say that if you people feel this loan is unfair then you people should protest to stop it. After all you people live in democracy and its your right to oppose wrong move of your government.
But one thing I don't get that why you people blame India because we are not forcing it on you.

R indians aware of severe traffic jam in BD? It's impossible to move in Dhaka.

Don't you think 1b $ is an amount bit too much only to be spent on building roads? Also don't you know infrastructure is of utmost importance for development of one nation? Look at China, they achieved manufacturing industry revolution because of their massive infrastructure. Look at India, we had to bypass manufacturing industry and directly jump into service industry. Reason, we didn't and even now don't have enough infrastructure, ie. an web of roads, rail networks, highways. I'd be much happier if GoI gave this amount to my state to build infrastructure, maybe we need to crib a bit more!

Being a manufacturing hub is the only way forward for BD, and infrastructure is the first need. Don't be sad because India will also use those roads, you will get the transit fee anyway also a trade route always boost economy.

Firstly let me congratulate you on a really good post which seems to be rare on every thread related to bangladesh..
Some of your concerns are genuine and deserve to be looked to..But you should not forget the years which were wasted just for point scoring because of wrong ( or, should i say anti-indian ) policy of last goverment..
Plus while comparing with china you should understand that India is not similar to china..We are not as developed as them..A no. of states like mine need a lot of investments in infrastructure...Even then if we are giving a loan of $ 1 Bil. at much less than market price then we must get something in return..and we are getting it in form of transit facilities and what you are getting is infrastructure which you can use to develop new cities ( read industrial cities ) around them..
With the kind of cooperation which has started in this govt. tenure we will see a lot new treaties, MOUs signed and we both will prosper together..:cheers:

Welcome to the forum.
Wanted to read your post. Looked very interesting. I gave up after reading second line. I kinda skimmed through it. Its not like you are talking to your homies. Mods do not like the way you write your post. For reference check Asim Aquil ( Mod) and Agnostic Muslim ( Mod) style. A lot can be learned specially from Agnostic. A pleasure to read his post.

PM counters BNP on $1bln deal | Bangladesh | bdnews24.com

Dhaka, Aug 10 (bdnews24.com) – Countering BNP's allegations, prime minister Sheikh Hasina has claimed that the BNP had signed a loan agreement with India at a higher interest rate than that of the $1 billion dollar deal of the current government.

Hasina made the comments on Tuesday replying to the criticism of opposition leader Khaleda Zia about the Awami League-led government's recent treaty with India. Khaleda also demanded cancellation of the treaty.

"We have done the agreement below 1.75 percent interest for the welfare of the people and the country's economic development, whereas the one BNP had singned had a 5 percent interest for 15 years," Hasina claimed, speaking to representatives of Rajshahi University Teachers' Council at her office, her press secretary Abul Kalam Azad told reporters.

The line of credit agreement was signed by M Musharraf Hossain Bhuiyan, secretary to the Economic Relations Division, and T C A Ranganathan, chairman and managing director of India's Export-Import Bank, at the state guest house Jamuna on Aug 7.

Bangladesh will have to repay the loan with interest in the next 20 years. Dhaka must pay commitment fee at 0.5 percent per year on unutilised credit after 12 months from the date of contract approval, according to a finance ministry statement.

Bangladesh will utilise the money for implementing 14 development projects, mainly for Bangladesh-India connectivity.

Indian prime minister Manmohan Singh had announced the credit line during prime minister Sheikh Hasina's visit to New Delhi from January 10 to 13 this year.

The line of credit comes for a range of projects in Bangladesh, including railway infrastructure, supply of broad gauge locomotives and passenger coaches, rehabilitation of Saidpur workshop, procurement of buses and dredging projects.

Azad quoted Hasina saying that the government was holding talks with neighbouring India and Myanmar over determining Bangladesh maritime boundary.

Speaking about the instability of educational institutions, the prime minister warned, saying, "They will not be spared whoever they are."

She asked for the teachers' assistance in ensuring a congenial environment at the educational institutions.

Newly elected president of the association Mohammad Azizul Islam and general secretary Ananda Kumar led the teachers' delegation.

PM counters BNP on $1bln deal | Bangladesh | bdnews24.com

Dhaka, Aug 10 (bdnews24.com) – Countering BNP's allegations, prime minister Sheikh Hasina has claimed that the BNP had signed a loan agreement with India at a higher interest rate than that of the $1 billion dollar deal of the current government.

Hasina made the comments on Tuesday replying to the criticism of opposition leader Khaleda Zia about the Awami League-led government's recent treaty with India. Khaleda also demanded cancellation of the treaty.

"We have done the agreement below 1.75 percent interest for the welfare of the people and the country's economic development, whereas the one BNP had singned had a 5 percent interest for 15 years," Hasina claimed, speaking to representatives of Rajshahi University Teachers' Council at her office, her press secretary Abul Kalam Azad told reporters.

The line of credit agreement was signed by M Musharraf Hossain Bhuiyan, secretary to the Economic Relations Division, and T C A Ranganathan, chairman and managing director of India's Export-Import Bank, at the state guest house Jamuna on Aug 7.

Bangladesh will have to repay the loan with interest in the next 20 years. Dhaka must pay commitment fee at 0.5 percent per year on unutilised credit after 12 months from the date of contract approval, according to a finance ministry statement.

Bangladesh will utilise the money for implementing 14 development projects, mainly for Bangladesh-India connectivity.

Indian prime minister Manmohan Singh had announced the credit line during prime minister Sheikh Hasina's visit to New Delhi from January 10 to 13 this year.

The line of credit comes for a range of projects in Bangladesh, including railway infrastructure, supply of broad gauge locomotives and passenger coaches, rehabilitation of Saidpur workshop, procurement of buses and dredging projects.

Azad quoted Hasina saying that the government was holding talks with neighbouring India and Myanmar over determining Bangladesh maritime boundary.

Speaking about the instability of educational institutions, the prime minister warned, saying, "They will not be spared whoever they are."

She asked for the teachers' assistance in ensuring a congenial environment at the educational institutions.

Newly elected president of the association Mohammad Azizul Islam and general secretary Ananda Kumar led the teachers' delegation.
I believe both bangladesh and india will do a good job in building their infrastructure :)

I believe both bangladesh and india will do a good job in building their infrastructure :)

Do you know that this loan is to upgrade our infrastructure to carry Bharati goods across our land from one side of Bharat to other. Bangladeshi land will be use to help Bharati economy and we will lose our captive market in eastern states of Bharat. Please grow up and come back about 12 years. :agree:

Why can't your ignorant mind can not understand this fact that this ******* loan and giving corridor to enemy Bharat is suicidle for our own development. :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

Last edited:
Why are you comparing a 200 million dollar loan to a 1billion dollar loan. If you compare a similar loan from China it was much higher. Here is what BNP did

When the BNP was in power in the early nineties, it had signed a $109 million dollar Supplier's Credit deal with China to fund the Barapukuria coal mine project that sought 5 percent interest rate and 17 years repayment period. Plus, the loan demanded that at first Bangladesh make a down payment of 10 percent of the total loan.
Now compare that with 1 billion dollars in a recession hit world economy at 1.75% interest and 20 year repayment period.

Now if you are a patriotic Bangladeshi then you should complain about China debt trap in Bangladesh

to this post this was your reply:

Another indiotic wish, so let me make things clear. More than amount it is the exploitation using subsurvient Awami regime is the issue.

First: Even with Chinese loan mony was not spent for something that is for Chinese use. Here india is using subservient regime to pay for indian development in name of loan.

Second: Relation with China is matter of Bangladesh NOT indian to say what, how and when.

Third: China is a strategic ally and in different league all togather whereas india is considered enemy state which kills Bangladeshis, occupy Bangladeshi land, interfere with hegemonic ambition and use subservient regime to harm Bangladesh economic and strategic development.

Forth: This is no about india China issue and India can NOT compete with China period.

Dude, you dont need any answers but a psychiatrist to get you out of anti India delusional state.

GET WELL SOON

Do you know that this loan is to upgrade our infrastructure to carry Bharati goods across our land from one side of Bharat to other. Bangladeshi land will be use to help Bharati economy and we will lose our captive market in eastern states of Bharat. Please grow up and come back about 12 years. :agree:

Why can't your ignorant mind can not understand this fact that this ******* loan and giving corridor to enemy Bharat is suicide for our own development. :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

The loan will include building railway infrastructure, supply of broad gauge locomotives and passenger coaches, rehabilitation of Saidpur workshop, procurement of buses and dredging projects among other things. Mainly transportation stuff.

but it will not be used only by Indians, but also by Nepalis and Bhutanis and most of all by Bangladeshis. There have been recent talks for mutual transit between all four countries so even Bangladeshi is getting transit through India as is Nepal and Bhutan.

There have been recent talks for mutual transit between all four countries so even Bangladeshi is getting transit through India as is Nepal and Bhutan.

Nepal and Bhutan market already digested by your country so there isn't much left for Bangladesh. This loan is basically to upgrade Bangladesh road to handle Bharati goods from north to eastern state as it will save time thus money for Bharat.

Bangladesh isn't going to gain much from this loan because the pre-condition if this loan is that Bangladesh must buy Bharati raw materials. It is not burgeon for us any angle you looking at it. BNP already oppose this loan and hopefully take a serious stance against it. We will not allow Bharat to use our land to get rich.

Bangladesh.jpg

Nepal and Bhutan market already digested by your country so there isn't much left for Bangladesh. This loan is basically to upgrade Bangladesh road to handle Bharati goods from north to eastern state as it will save time thus money for Bharat.

Bangladesh isn't going to gain much from this loan because the pre-condition if this loan is that Bangladesh must buy Bharati raw materials. It is not burgeon for us any angle you looking at it. BNP already oppose this loan and hopefully take a serious stance against it. We will not allow Bharat to use our land to get rich.

Bangladesh.jpg

Even if i accept it will benifit india, What is the problem in that? And does this not help your country at all???? And if you don't want help us, then tell me why?

I mean it would be ridiculous to hate anything india.

Even if i accept it will benifit india, What is the problem in that? And does this not help your country at all???? And if you don't want help us, then tell me why?

I mean it would be ridiculous to hate anything india.

Your expectation is Bangladesh should pay for something that is indian will use. Would india pay for highway to China???
indians trying many different deceptions to justify same con job. But at the end of the no one like to be conned for billion dollars. And its amusing indians take pride in conning people and try to justify it.

Why can't your ignorant mind can not understand this fact that this ******* loan and giving corridor to enemy Bharat is suicide for our own development. :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

He was asking in another thread why commonwealth game could not be held in Japan? Thats tells all his identity of being british and i am not thinking about level of intelligence.

Back
Top Bottom