What's new

Indian Cenima's Effects On Pakistan

Nice Middle Class Feminish Views . :bunny:
and Middle Class Feminist Question.
My Mistake .. I thought of talking about Morality , society and Media while you wanted Moral narrow minded points .

:) dear logic if in your family going out without wearing anything makes your family women as members of some First Class and having First Class Feminish views then well take them for a ride ;)

i am much better with middle class feminish views as i respect myself and i love myself and i do not consider my body as some comodity to please every thick headed man rather its special and respectable thing for me.

And i tell you Logic what is narrow mindedness

The way you are taunting me for my views for oppoist to nudity then that is real narrow mindedness as if you like nudity for your women as good and entitled to your views in same way i m entitled to chose what i like.

Isnt it ?
If so then why you dont have guts to respect my choice for myself in same way you want for yours for yourself.
And why you resorted call names if you think its everyone's choice to have own moral values ????

Did i call you Beghairat ???????

;)
have nice day or night if you in India.

:) dear logic if in your family going out without wearing anything makes your family women as members of some First Class and having First Class Feminish views then well take them for a ride ;)

i am much better with middle class feminish views as i respect myself and i love myself and i do not consider my body as some comodity to please every thick headed man rather its special and respectable thing for me.

And i tell you Logic what is narrow mindedness

The way you are taunting me for my views for oppoist to nudity then that is real narrow mindedness as if you like nudity for your women as good and entitled to your views in same way i m entitled to chose what i like.

Isnt it ?
If so then why you dont have guts to respect my choice for myself in same way you want for yours for yourself.
And why you resorted call names if you think its everyone's choice to have own moral values ????

Did i call you Beghairat ???????

;)
have nice day or night if you in India.

Nice Middle class Feminist Comment .:chilli:

Energone why you failed to understand what i am saying????
I am saying the same thing look at your media has literaly rip Indian women of their clothes which as you said and as im saying is not Indian culture.
I think it is you who have missed the point. Indian movies and television soaps have nothing to do with culture, let alone the Indian one; yet you keep on erroneously making that link thereby perpetuating a series of bad arguments. On one hand you acknowledge that movies don't depict Indian culture, yet you keep on referring to it as a source cultural commentary. It isn't! Indian movies have no bearing whatsoever upon any culture, and what they depict is pure fantasy which inherently makes it impossible to put it in a real life perspective and doing so is a non sequitur. People often make the same mistake when they perceive Anime to be a portal into Japanese culture.

Jana said:
I mean in other words do you think majority of the Indians supports the kind of 'culture' being shown to them??

You tell me what you think the media is right torch-bearer of the culture if we all are trying to label the culture based on our perception.
Bollywood and TV entertainment production houses (which is what I guess you are referring to as the "media" here) aren't the torch bearers of anything, let alone culture. They basically produce and show anything that sells so that they can make profit. If people want to see what they are selling, then they'll spend the money to watch it; if they find it offensive, then they'll keep away from it and pursue other forms of entertainment that are more suitable to their taste; it's personal choice. The film industry in India is huge, bollywood is merely one part which happens to get the most attention worldwide. But essentially movies are made for every audience by someone or the other.

Energon tell me why you guys are not doing somthing about it.
What can I do? Technically I'm not even Indian, and I can only relate to and comment upon the genuine Indian mindset so much (and even that offends many "real" Indians). But say even if that wasn't the case, what could I achieve? Based on what I've seen (this past year I spent some time observing this entire industry up close through a friend employed in the business) it's essentially a free market enterprise where people can do whatever the hell they want. The only thing that is in their way is some hackneyed Censor Board; and I personally abhor censorship of any kind.

Also, you have an extremely faulty perception of what Indian society is really like. There is no central authority on anything let alone morality. People will complain about indecency and a few politicians will make a big deal about cultural values etc etc, but at the end of the day it is a libertarian society and nobody wants to listen to any moral authority (nor should they). Also, your understanding of what happens to women in that setting is mistaken. There is no unified authority, if there is someone who wants to show skin to gain fame, and people do in fact want to see her skin; then she's free to do so through a director who hires her and is able to make a film that passes through the censor board to be approved for full release. Nobody in the public sphere can tell women what, or what not to do, how to act what to wear etc; it all comes down to individual family or immediate society.

The media is market driven after all...

Let me put it this way Jana...
forget the media for a second...let's talk about the regular folks you see on the street....Say if you were to visit Bangalore, you will find
- there are a some women (mostly muslim) who would be covered from head to toe in Burqa (it's there definition of modesty after all)

- Other women (more than the former..and in this case, both hindu/muslim/any other religion) covered from head to toe with their face exposed though with their hair covered with a scarf/sari/whatever)

- Most women (from all religions/sects) covered neck to ankle with a sari/salwar-kameez/shirt + trouser/jeans with their face/arms/hair exposed (conforms to their definition of modesty)

- Some women (from all religions/sects) with varying degree of coveredness (for lack of a better word) say in a knee length skirt and blouse (after all it is their definition of modesty)

- Few women (could be from any religion/sect again) with relatively lesser degree of coveredness perhaps a short skirt/shorts or a tank-top or an off shoulder dress..again..it's their defintion of modesty

The majority of the women would fall under the 2nd category but thats' besides the point...

what I am trying to get at is the fact that in nearly all of the cases mentioned above, the choice of a woman's degree of modesty portrayed by her choice of dressing is of her own voilition....

No one forced the woman in a mid-riff revealing top or a 6" long skirt to wear them...neither did anyone force the salwar-kameez girl to choose what she chose to wear (though in some cases, family restrictions may have bee nthe underlying cause)

The moot point is that the woman in question had the right to choose and no one dictated to her what she chooses to wear......

which is also the reason why attempts by fundamentalist religious bodies to govern this choice are almost always met with near universal opposition in India(whether it be a Maulavi X's fatwa or a hindu fundamentalist party governed student bodys' diktat)

Coming back the original discussion...a woman in the media (TV/Movies) has every right to refuse the director asking her to either wear a bikini or a burqa ...if they do so, it's not because they were forced...but beacuse they chose to

Jana Ji, Indian Munda is with you. Woman is GOD's most beautiful creation, and then obviously women should be proud of her self and should not consider her self as commodity.

Also some where I feel you are trying to put your point for vulgarity. Nudity is not always vulgar. A baby become nude in front of mother, male doctor may examine a nude woman, and different occasion men and women become nude but these can not be considered as vulgar. So use word vulgarity.

I also agree with you that vulgarity is considered most easy way of making money and black spot on creativity. Industry's history shows that most of mega hits are based on solid script, performance and best technical stuff involved with movie.

But I would like to add here, please do not blame movies for vulgarity, its people who create the demand, so Industry is only fulfilling the demand and acting like supplier. You ban these movies people will find other sources, you ban every source, they will become wild and make women as commodity like Taliban.

Jana, according to Bible (and so Islam), God created Adam and Eve naked. It is the Satan who made them to cover their bodies. Isn't covering our body evil and sin? Nudity is what God's wish?

Jana, according to Bible (and so Islam), God created Adam and Eve naked. It is the Satan who made them to cover their bodies. Isn't covering our body evil and sin? Nudity is what God's wish?

Then dont do this sin and travel the world without clothes.

go ahead:tup:

Quite wrong! God created Adam and Eve with a concience as clear as a virgin mind, only when they ate the fruit from the Tree of Wisdom they realised being naked in front of God and covered their body.

Since we - the children of Adam and Eve-are born with Sin nudity is considered to be a sin rather than a blessing.

Pakistan proposes lifting ban on Indian films

ISLAMABAD (AFP) - Pakistan's government is considering a parliamentary proposal to lift a four-decade ban on showing movies from rival India, a statement said Tuesday.

Islamic Pakistan officially outlawed all Bollywood films after going to war with its mainly Hindu eastern neighbour in 1965 over the disputed Himalayan territory of Kashmir.

But a Pakistani senate committee said that the ban should be overturned because Indian films were now widely available here -- and hugely popular -- on DVD and cable.

"This should be done in a manner which may promote healthy competition at home and without harming our religious and cultural norms and values," committee chairman Zafar Iqbal Chaudhry said in a statement.

The statement added: "The ban has practically become ineffective as these are being viewed uncensored in almost every household on cable TV as well as CDs and DVDs, necessitating a reappraisal to deal with the issue rationally."

In 2006 President Pervez Musharraf issued a special decree allowing three Indian movies to be shown in Pakistan, including the movie Taj Mahal, which starred Pakistani actress Sonia Jehan.

Relations between nuclear-armed India and Pakistan have thawed since they launched a slow-moving peace process in 2004, partly involving cultural exchanges.

Pakistan proposes lifting ban on Indian films - Yahoo! News

What i think is that if this ban lifts, in the first phase, most Indian producers will deliberately hire Pakistani actors so as to gain a market in Pakistan for their movies...

Although this per me would only be the initial stages, later on, it would all become normal.

Quite wrong! God created Adam and Eve with a concience as clear as a virgin mind, only when they ate the fruit from the Tree of Wisdom they realised being naked in front of God and covered their body.

Since we - the children of Adam and Eve-are born with Sin nudity is considered to be a sin rather than a blessing.

Very nice comments!

:cheers:

All dellusion nothig else. Tree of wisdom is inside every one and not in Delhi or Islamabad. One person's wisdom may believe in openness and another's conservative and few other person's wisdom may say even women's fingers should not be visible (Unfortuante Sania Mirza in this case). its individual's wisdom and because society is group of people so social wisdom, if society accepts the openness no one is going to follow Adam and Eve.

Back
Top Bottom