What's new

Indian Budget 2016-17 .. Main Thread ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Budget presents a great vision to end poverty in a time-bound manner, says Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

635923551605022055.png

Highlights of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's post-Budget address:

1. Farmers are the biggest focus of this year's budget
  2. By 2019 this Budget wants to connect every village with roads
  3. By 2018 this Budget underlines the means to bring electricity to every village.
635923556050575677..jpg

I remember listening to one of the speeches by PM in parliament, in which he was making fun of Congress on MGNREGA. and you see the budget allocation......

It was the implementation that was always the problem.
It looks like they are tie up up this amount to infra development...Let's see how they would go about modifying the delivery.

It was the implementation that was always the problem.
It looks like they are tie up up this amount to infra development...Let's see how they would go about modifying the delivery.

Well I dont think the that was the case..... If i remember correctly, he said something like, "I am gonna keep MNREGA as memory of congress rule" (wordings may be different but the essence was the same).....

I havent seen any significant change in the delivery,it is the same.... Linking to Infra? It will be interesting.....

'Mixed Bag Budget With No Big Idea,' Says Manmohan Singh
New Delhi: Former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh today said the government had unveiled a "mixed bag Budget" with no big idea.

Dr Singh also said the government's announcement that farmers' income would be doubled in the next five years is an "impossible idea".

"There is no way of telling the country how it will be achieved," Dr Singh told NDTV in his first reaction to the Budget presented by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley.

Mr Jaitley's third budget reflects the government's emphasis on farmers and India's poorest ahead of a string of state polls.

"We need to think beyond food security to income security. We aim to double the income of farmers by 2022," said Mr Jaitley, announcing an allocation of Rs. 35,984 crore for farmers' welfare.

He also said Rs. 87,765 crore has been allocated for rural development.
Dr Singh, a renowned economist, was prime minister for 10 years till the Congress party lost power in the 2014 national election.

As finance minister in the 1990s, he was the architect of India's economic reforms. While his government is credited with major welfare measures like the job guarantee scheme MGNREGA, his second term as prime minister was mired by corruption allegations and a perception that the government failed to check the economic downslide.

Mixed Bag Budget With No Big Idea, Says Manmohan Singh – NDTV Profit

Mammohan being opposition leader does not need to bark the other side.

At least he can appreciate some good initiatives taken. He was PM for 10 yrs and he did not take any BOLD decisions, like he took in 1991-92 itself is a pity.

He is not a PM anymore neither a MP.

He can be unbiased and give a honest opinion for once.

I remember listening to one of the speeches by PM in parliament, in which he was making fun of Congress on MGNREGA. and you see the budget allocation...... :)

Perhaps behind back doors that is the cost to let parliament function and get a few bills passed. We never know because after PM gave such comments, the way pro-rich and anti-farmer BJP was projected by Media and Opposition among other things might have forced him to take such a decisions.

I think all educated people like us will agree that after 67 yes of Independence, all employment scheme congress could come out was mnerga, instead of giving people education, roads, house, electricity and water.

think all educated people like us will agree that after 67 yes of Independence, all employment scheme congress could come out was mnerga, instead of giving people education, roads, house, electricity and water

I disagree with you here.....But let us not discuss it further as the thread is more about Budget 2017......

MNREGA and its merits would have been discussed in detail by this regime, and they would have had reasons to continue it......

Highest amount of corruption happens around this fund....... Since the amount is small (when it goes to a panchayat) no one bother to audit or the audits are not stronger as in other cases...... Most of these funds are diverted or the benefits are not given to the poor......
sir i guess you forget that all the payments and benefits under such grants will be channeled through adhar card so that the funds actually are transferred to the bank accounts of the party to benefit ( in this case will be villagers and consumers in rural areas ) like recently they started in LPG subsidy .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom