What's new

Indian Budget 2016-17 .. Main Thread ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
sir i guess you forget that all the payments and benefits under such grants will be channeled through adhar card so that the funds actually are transferred to the bank accounts of the party to the benefit like recently they started in LPG subsidy .

This is a good idea to reduce the diversion, but I do not know how practical this is going to be, especially when you consider we are talking about panchayat's..... But not impossible to implement........
If i can criticise this govt, then they were against Aadhaar :) - But the good point i see here, is they may have tried to play politics to gain votes, but when in power, they have changed their stand and continued good points of previous govt.

DEFENSE BUDGET CONFIRMATION

Pls find below the estimates

Budget Estimates of Expenditure for 2016-2017 show a net increase of ` 1,92,669 crore over the Revised Estimates.
Non-Plan Expenditure and Plan Expenditure have shown increases of ` 1,19,856 crore and ` 72,813 crore respectively. The Major items where variations have occurred are indicated below:

upload_2016-2-29_16-37-49.png

NON PLAN
1. Increase is due to higher requirements under prepayment premium for reduction of debt, market loans, discount on
cash management bills, treasury bills, state provident funds, securities against small savings collections and other special
deposits.

2. Mainly on account of Defence pensions due to implementation of ‘one rank one pension’.

3. Increase is on account of larger requirements for national security, including requirements for capital acquisitions.

4. Increase is due to higher requirement under grants to State Governments under Article 275(1) of the Constitution of
India.

5. Due to higher requirement for internal security.

6. Increase is due to higher grants to autonomous bodies such Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan, NCERT, Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti, etc.

7. Largely due to higher requirements under pay and allowances and pensions on account of implementation of
the recommendations of 7th Central Pay Commission.

8. Higher requirement towards meeting carry forward liability in respect of charges for conduct of General Lok Elections and for reimbursement of Central Government’s share on normal election expenses to State/UT Governments.

9. Increase is mainly due to higher provisions for agricultural research.

10. Decrease is due to lower requirements under fertilizer subsidy and petroleum subsidy.

11. Higher requirement is largely attributable to implementation of the recommendations of 7th Central Pay Commission.

PLAN
1. Increase is largely on account of higher outlays provided to Ministries/Departments of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers Welfare, Atomic Energy, Commerce, Industrial Policy and Promotion, Telecommunications, Electronics and Information Technology, Consumer Affairs, Culture, Development of North Eastern Region, Environment, Forests and Climate Change, Economic Affairs, Financial Services, Food Processing Industries, Health & Family Welfare, Health Research, Home Affairs, Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation, Higher Education, Labour and Employment, Law & Justice, Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises, Minority Affairs, New & Renewable Energy, Panchayati Raj, Petroleum & Natural Gas, Power, Road, Transport & Highway, Rural Development, Land Resources, Science & Technology, Biotechnology, Shipping, Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Space, Tourism, Urban Development, Water Resources, Women & Child Development, Youth Affairs & Sports and Railways.

2. Increase is largely on account of State Plan Schemes of Ministries/Departments of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers Welfare, Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries, Drinking Water & Sanitation, Environment, Forests & Climate Change, Home Affairs, Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation, Minority Affairs, Road Transport & Highways, Rural Development, Social Justice and Empowerment, Tribal Affairs and Urban Development

Source
UNION BUDGET

Last edited:
India pledges billions for farmers in 'make-or-break' budget
AFP — PUBLISHED ABOUT 3 HOURS AGO

WHATSAPP

19 COMMENTS
EMAIL

PRINT
NEW DELHI: India pledged to spend $5.2 billion dollars to double the income of struggling farmers and also boost a rural employment scheme as it unveiled its annual budget on Monday under pressure to balance much-needed spending with fiscal prudence.

India is now the world's fastest-growing major economy, but years of drought and a failure to create jobs for a burgeoning young population has left millions of rural Indians struggling and led to deadly protests in recent weeks.

Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said India's estimated 120 million farmers were the "backbone of the country's food security" as he pledged to spend Indian Rs359bn on the country's vast agriculture sector.

"We need... to give back to our farmers a sense of income security," Jaitley told parliament as he presented the budget in parliament.

The initiative would increase the income of farmers over the next five years through a series of measures including boosting a crop insurance scheme, increasing access to markets and a massive injection of funding to village councils.

"For rural development as a whole I have allocated Rs877.6bn in this budget," he added.

That includes a major hike in spending on a rural employment scheme introduced under the last government and a pledge to ensure all the country's villages have electricity within two years.

Jaitley said the government would increase spending on the National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme, which guarantees 100 days of employment on public works each year for any household that requests it.

Stalled reforms
The ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) faces crucial state elections this year and next, when the plight of farmers suffering from falling crop prices and several years of drought will play a major role.

It needs to perform well in those elections in order to push stalled economic reforms through the national parliament, where it lacks a majority.

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has made it a priority to boost India's economic growth, but investors have raised concerns about the pace of change and his right-wing government's third budget has been described as "make or break".

Economists had predicted the government would relax its commitment to rigorous fiscal discipline in order to boost spending.

But Jaitley said it would stick to its ambitious target to cut the fiscal deficit to 3.5 percent of GDP in 2016-2017.

"I have weighed the policy options and decided that prudence lies in adhering to fiscal deficit targets," he said.

India is seen as a relative bright spot in the world economy, after a slowdown in China, collapsing commodity prices and recession in other big emerging markets sent stock indexes tumbling.

But feeble global demand has caused its exports to shrink for 14 months in a row and private investment remains weak.

Pay hikes
The finance ministry had promised the 2016-17 budget would be "growth-oriented" in the face of a global climate that appears significantly more challenging than last year.

On Friday the annual pre-budget Economic Survey said gross domestic product (GDP) would expand between 7 per cent and 7.75pc in the next financial year, marking little change from this year's levels.

"If the world slows down we will slow down as well," the government's chief economic adviser, Arvind Subramanian, told a news conference.

Investors are looking for concrete initiatives to make it easier to do business and are also expecting an announcement on how to break the impasse over Modi's flagship Goods and Services Tax (GST) which has stalled in an intensely polarised parliament.

"This year's budget... presents the (government) a chance to reset the narrative," columnist Anil Padmanabhan wrote in the Mint newspaper Monday.

Despite a major push to boost manufacturing, farming remains by far the biggest employer in India and the s...

India pledges billions for farmers in 'make-or-break' budget - World - DAWN.COM

Once skilled then job will be easier. In next 4-5 years new industries will start functioning. And they will find skilled labour which is not a easy task in India
Brother I see lot of unemployed ppl sometimes well educated Mtech from NITs ....
I am sceptical...

Btw do you have any data which show the how many new industry set up India during last two years & to how many these have provided the jobs ?

Brother I see lot of unemployed ppl sometimes well educated Mtech from NITs ....
I am sceptical...

Btw do you have any data which show the how many new industry set up India during last two years & to how many these have provided the jobs ?

No I don't keep them, but you can help your self by visiting the railway and power ministry websites.
There they have laid down all the details of new coal/nuke/hydo power plants in constructions , new railway lines in making etc etc.

As for the Btech Mtech problem you said, that's a different one. That Mtech person will not give up his services to a mechanic workshop which may come up anywhere in Jharkhand alongside highways once we start mining more Indian coal and less Australian coal. They won't do the lower jobs.

this is the best detail i could find from official website UNION BUDGET
upload_2016-2-29_16-58-17.png

Notice point 20,21,22,23

Point 22
upload_2016-2-29_17-0-0.png

Thats the OROP figure on the right under NON PLAN and its 82332.66 Crs

And point 23, the one we are interested in
upload_2016-2-29_17-1-14.png

upload_2016-2-29_17-1-54.png

upload_2016-2-29_17-2-10.png

The very important of these points under point 23
upload_2016-2-29_17-6-32.png

The whole capital acquisition is reduced as per this...

Last edited:
No I don't keep them, but you can help your self by visiting the railway and power ministry websites.
There they have laid down all the details of new coal/nuke/hydo power plants in constructions , new railway lines in making etc etc.

As for the Btech Mtech problem you said, that's a different one. That Mtech person will not give up his services to a mechanic workshop which may come up anywhere in Jharkhand alongside highways once we start mining more Indian coal and less Australian coal. They won't do the lower jobs.

Thanks for your revert. Though dont agree fully with second para ... Cheers.....
I have got no dole out scheme for myself in the budget..... Hehe....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom