What's new

Indian Brahmos missle crashes in Mian Channo

I don't think it malfunctioned and went rogue...this was deliberate but indians were not counting on their brahmos getting intercepted and shot outta the sky. It is REALLY starting to look like it was intercepted by HQ9P. mian channu is almost 70km away from Rafiqui Air Base...

If my hypothesis is true, then this is a huge achievement for PAF Air Defence and also for the HQ9P. This would be the firsts time in history that a super sonic cruise missile was intercepted in mid air.
It is a possibility as the HQ-9 travels at over Mach-4 speed.

It looks like strategic messaging event. Few thoughts:

1) Cruise missiles don't wear from its path just like that. So, technical glitch is out of question. No midway destruction by controllers indicates that.
2) There was no exercise happening in that area, even air force exercise was already cancelled & no NOTAM. Missile was without warhead, why?
3) Missile landed nowhere close to any military target, but near population centre. So it can be on social media instantly and Pakistani establishment can't deny this event.

So, there must be something serious going on behind the scene i.e. like possibility of Afghan war veteran's intrusion into Kashmir. So, Indian govt needs to convey message regarding repercussions. 24 hrs delayed & timid response from ISPR indicating the same i.e. message received properly.

If it was all about asking for an explanation from India, it was better not to have this press conference let it be a secret.
Yes. much better to just kept it a secret and let the people kept guessing, but now after confirmation, a response was needed and the response is sh1t

I don't think it malfunctioned and went rogue...this was deliberate but indians were not counting on their brahmos getting intercepted and shot outta the sky. It is REALLY starting to look like it was intercepted by HQ9P. mian channu is almost 70km away from Rafiqui Air Base...

If my hypothesis is true, then this is a huge achievement for PAF Air Defence and also for the HQ9P. This would be the firsts time in history that a super sonic cruise missile was intercepted in mid air.
If it was shot down, people would have seen it in the air.. debris falling to the ground, that did not happen. And the debris would have been spread all over the area, not concentrated into a crater.

If it is a malfunction it is best to hush it and move on.. however the question on why India would not post a NOTAM remains. Especially if the flight was to be at 48000ft as is suggested(unless the press release got it mixed with 4800ft) puts civilian air traffic over India in danger.

Yes.
Pakistan can tell
So AD would know that the approaching object was a missile?

I think this Was a very wise response by Pakistan. India has only 2 options

1) either India accepts that their best weapons system is very faulty.

2) india accepts this to be intentional, in which case we take out thier shinny new s-400 batteries or fire Pakistani cruise missile 800 kms inside India

K

latest from MachoMan

1646938955949.png

its very hard to believe that it would travel so long just to fall on a crumbling wall in a small mian channu village and not even kill a goat, at least on feb 26th, they managed to kill a crow but nothing this time. I am very sure that the injun cruj mijjile was headed to Rafique Air Base but got intercepted. ISPR is being mum about their abilities to intercept super sonic cruise missiles.
If it was misfire and malfunctioned and drop off,
Why they send empty missile if they want somekind damage

On other hand it can be intentional warning that they can panetrate our air space easily

I know a lot of people will think this but yes we can. Think about it. We were tracking this missile from within inside India. For SIX MINUTES. Do you really think an HQ9 cannot get a firing solution within that time and hit a single Brahmos cruising in a straight line at 40k feet? That's kind of like the easiest possible target for it to hit. The correct way to think about this is that one some level our AD decided not to engage or was unable to decided quickly enough to engage or not. This is not a matter of capability. We are not living in the 50s.

Do agree . single brahmos intercept ni kiya kal wo 100s of brahmos launch ker dain to phir?

It looks like strategic messaging event. Few thoughts:

1) Cruise missiles don't wear from its path just like that. So, technical glitch is out of question. No midway destruction by controllers indicates that.
2) There was no exercise happening in that area, even air force exercise was already cancelled & no NOTAM. Missile was without warhead, why?
3) Missile landed nowhere close to any military target, but near population centre. So it can be on social media instantly and Pakistani establishment can't deny this event.

So, there must be something serious going on behind the scene i.e. like possibility of Afghan war veteran's intrusion into Kashmir. So, Indian govt needs to convey message regarding repercussions. 24 hrs delayed & timid response from ISPR indicating the same i.e. message received properly.
Let me fix that for you: Some incompetent Indian missile operator accidentally fired a nuclear capable missile that malfunctioned for the dozenth time and landed in enemy territory hence giving them a part of said nuclear capable cruise missile. Yes, message received very properly.

Believe me if it can be tracked then it can be shot down.
thats pathetic. a missile is fired from an enemy state and we just tracked it and let it fall on our soil. what airforce air defense is doing? just watching the show? it should have been shot down as soon it crossed the border line. its like my enemy fired at me and i m watching where it will hit me and then i will fire back.

Roughly 34 km
Not shot down

Back
Top Bottom