What's new

Indian Brahmos missle crashes in Mian Channo

If you read my post i have said that i believe it was deliberate. As anyone with eng background would tell you that rockets are very controlled objects. If their guidance system goes rogue they become unstable and the control system fails to stablize it resulting in wobbling and crashing. But this missile trajectory was not that of a unstable rocket.
Secondly, i said that we can and will react diplomatically. Like you emotional me wants to react with our own missile. But this is no game if we shoot missile it will be deliberate and things would go to all scale war very very fast. Current global situation do not allow us to do that, reasons we would seem to be aggressor if there is any loss of life on indian side. Right now escalation btw India and Pakistan would lead to WW3. So, realistically we can make this a diplomatic hell for India. We can also study the material composition of missile, engine design etc or anything we can salvage. We need to think of a long game instead of pandering to our egos.
Hello. i understand your logic and I know why a missile change direction during flight. Obviously a rogue missile behaves differently with no pre defined impact point. In such situations, impact point can be calculated during the last 60 seconds. I don't want to reveal further as there are 40 guests lol. 40 guests. They are worried. This is highest level of escalation. Are you afraid of escalation or are you afraid of world war? This is your country and India almost destroyed that particular wall, with a crater nearby. What about civilians? Should they also think about diplomatic approach? Wise destroys enemy before Diplomacy starts to show signs.
Look at Putin, no diplomacy. Only attack and destruction. Does Putin care about sanctions? No. Destruction of enemy is the top priority. Cruise missile is a type of missile and it's not a balloon or toy. It's an act of war.

forget DGISPR presser... You would be surprised to read the Indian experts are coming up with their logic and analysis:

They have tested our ADS including:
HQ9
TPS77
PAF Response time
A trainerjet taken out by our own ADS

and many interesting stories.

If it was shot down, people would have seen it in the air.. debris falling to the ground, that did not happen. And the debris would have been spread all over the area, not concentrated into a crater.
Yeah that and ISPR briefing specifically avoided those words and said it failed.
Yes - but if you consider what I wrote regarding command structure and response times.Even in this case the Air Defense commander in charge needs to process his decision loop whether its an attack or something else is up.

So lets say from the point it suddenly turned and crossed into Pakistan;

180 seconds left to impact - the AD controllers relays it to superior - time taken to convey both verbally and visually: -45 seconds(and I am being generous)

135 seconds to impact - superior verifies track and contacts higher ups while identifying asset that will engage the target based on system recommendation(if there is nothing in the area or coverage is limited then they just wait): -100 seconds

35 seconds to impact - assuming a surface to air missile has been identified that can hit this. Both track and authorization are passed to the system which readies for engaged just as the missile starts descending .

As the track descends the solution gets less viable and the decision is made based on trajectory to let it go down.
Honestly this is the best theory that fits so far as far i can tell with regards to how things played out.

Last edited:
Debris of a missile which is shot down would be VERY scattered and not bunched up as can be seen from the pictures.
No, if it was shot down by air to air a missile with a proxomity fuse, then most of the cruise missile/Air craft that was shot down will remain intact before crashing, there was a picture of a drop tank of PAF fighter close to the area, which indicates PAF Air defence intercepted the missile.

forget DGISPR presser... You would be surprised to read the Indian experts are coming up with their logic and analysis:

They have tested our ADS including:
HQ9
TPS77
PAF Response time
A trainerjet taken out by our own ADS

and many interesting stories.
They can cook up anything, it is a victory for them.Damn, do we really expect Indians to own and explain??

If it was failed or botched up test then there is a question.
Can India conduct a missile test near border without informing Pakistan or issuing a NOTAM ?

They can cook up anything, it is a victory for them.Damn, do we really expect Indians to own and explain??
Same questions are being asked by sane Indians to their Govt. officials ..

I think, we may hear response in couple of hrs. They would reject it all.

Last edited:
This is not going to fly.PAF should respond in its quid pro quo plus strategy. It can certainly choose the time and place of counterstrike but a big middle finger to the Indians on this misadventure is duly required.

Back
Top Bottom