What's new

Indian Armyman kills two personnel in J&K

Despite everything you say

its a fact that suicide and killing own collegues by indian soldiers in Held Kashmir is a headach and its a fact.
No matter how much you sling on us and bring situation on ourside, its a problem which has been lingering on and on

Sling on you? :undecided:

Anyways, the army is really stressed out, without a doubt.

I guess it would be easier for the army to start using helicopter gunships like the PA is doing now, but it would be a wrong move politically.

reduction in troopl evels have left the army overstretched & overworked.

so much so that they can't even find enough time to accomodate Psychological traning

amun dear

The reduction has been made i guess recently that too not in large number but even if in large numbers, the problem of committing suicide by Indian Soldiers and shooting at own colleuges is much older.

And if im not wrong the Psychological traning is not given after delpoying army in an area.

IA should leave held Kashmir in order to get rid of the suicide problem, as I've said in the past aswell.

Sling on you? :undecided:

Anyways, the army is really stressed out, without a doubt.

I guess it would be easier for the army to start using helicopter gunships like the PA is doing now, but it would be a wrong move politically.

So how would Indian Army Use gunships stealth and against whome?????

The Kashmiri Freedom fighters are not using Anti-Aircraft nor bombing like we are facing here.

So how would Indian Army Use gunships stealth and against whome?????

The Kashmiri Freedom fighters are not using Anti-Aircraft nor bombing like we are facing here.

as far as infiltrators are concerned, gunships would reduce army casualties but inflict heavy collateral damage.

Last weekend's operation against militants went on for 4 days...it would have been over in 2 hours if they just blasted the building open.

Jana, Baazi and others,

Insurgency, as you will soon realise, is not a magic wand that can vanish overnight. It continues for a very long time and those who are not ready to accept this axiomatic fact are fooling themselves.

Insurgency will continue in India and I am sure, while efforts are and will be done to control it, everyone is also sure that it will not vanish just because one wants to forget it as a bad dream.

I did not want to write anything on all this since you and some are blinded by false patriotism. It is good to be patriotic and no one can say it is incorrect. But it is fatuous to be blind of the reality.

In your opinion, you feel that a Division (three brigades) is not much. It indicates how much you understand about the Army. Therefore, for me to debate with someone who has no idea of the basics would be totally stupid as it would to teach mentally challenged the 3 R's, even though one could say, one should not give up trying to help the disadvantaged.

A responsible journalist researches before writing, but this proves that journalism has become an on the fly and off the cuff hobby.

You have no idea of insurgency or how to tackle it, but you are quick on comments.

If suicides, fragging, and because things have become a headache are reasons to give up the ship, then I am afraid, Musharraf would have surrendered to the world opinion and India given up everything that India stands for! But Generals (like Musharraf) and Indian Army are made of sterner stuff than what you all wish it should be, so as to please your agendas.

In fact, to feel that one should run away from problems is the solution to life, is the most childish thought that one could harbour.

It is only the weak minded soul who feel that because of suicides one should quit fighting insurgency.

Just because two companies of the Pakistan military surrendered to the Taliban without even firing a shot, are you suggesting that Pakistan should hand over NWFP to the Taliban? Would that be the logic that you all wish your govt to follow?

Just because in Swat Valley one fool of a Mullah is holding it to ransom, does it mean that Pakistan loses heart and gives in to the Mullah?

And to imagine that unlike Kashmir, where the remnants of the Afghani war is active, in Pakistan, it is fellow Moslems who are fighting Pakistan. What could be worse wherein Islam fights Islam and you talk about Kashmir!

Just think it over and interpolate and you will have the answer.

Unlike you, who is filled with the irrational venom left behind by history, I wish Pakistan well and I do hope that its problems are solved sooner than later and stability and peace returns.

IA should leave held Kashmir in order to get rid of the suicide problem, as I've said in the past aswell.

Thats fine, as long as you are willing to give up yet another scenic valley to insurgents!!

It is only the weak minded soul who feel that because of suicides one should quit fighting insurgency.

killing innocent Kashmiries, fake encounter, rape etc will also stop when IA leaves held Kashmir in addition to the suicide problem with the IA personnel.

By your logic, it would be said the same in NWFP and elsewhere by those who are interested in saying so. Poor innocent Talibanis and poor innocent Faizullah and his brave boys! Poor innocent soldiers surrendering without a shot since it is immoral to fight Moslems.

It sounds ever so impressive, but is it just a perception to suit one's own agenda!

The same is applicable also to the Sunday Times report on the blackmail of Judges that is being discussed in another thread.

The bottomline for such generalised comments is that it is an impossibility to take over Kashmir by terrorist action and hence the frustration and gloating at problems faced by the Indian Army!

Back
Top Bottom