What's new

Indian Army will be training the Afghan National Army (ANA).

And also it is important for future, as post Karazai regime would not be that cool for Indians, this is the best time to contribute against Afghan people by supporting US and Karazai.

Well just to remind you that Pakistan public stance is pro US and anti taliban/ extremists. The moment US / NATO feels they are losing bcoz of Pakistan, be sure of hot pursuits and aerborne operations from across the borders. Your president is weaker than ever, he would be thrown out immediatly after that and you can well imagine the mess that follows.

Taliban are desperate to find tragets these days as NATO members come out of camps very rarely, they also need some thing for fun.

The guy have not provided any link, I hope this news is not fron India Defence, the price for Indian involvement for NATO would be something worth to notice.

In any case such steps would be welcomed by Islamabad, as in post Karazai times, it would help us a lot.

Why are you fretting so much, its a well know fact that India has got consulates among afghan's eastern border. What more harm can a few IA instructors do?

Why are you fretting so much, its a well know fact that India has got consulates among afghan's eastern border. What more harm can a few IA instructors do?

Exactly......The IA can send lots of instructors. It won't make a blind bit of difference.:lol:

I think the IA is poorly equipped to handle the situation (which modern, well funded armies are having difficulties with.) If they try some of the tactics they are trying in Kashmir then Good luck to them because they will need it!:lol:

lets clear one statment, Karzai is mayor of Kabul. He has less value then Zahir shah time coin rollin in the dust of kabul streets. Afganistan is control by Pashtun and Pashtun is controlled by Peshawar. If so called afgan army do any operation under the umbrella of NATO, what will happen next when they will be gone. I feel sorry for these ANA. Afganistan is land of tribes. If nations really want peace in Afganistan, they should invite Pashtun to form govt. Otherwise nobody can sustain peace in that region.

They very well realise that thats the reason why NATO and US never pseak about leaving. IA is not deploying troups there but sending some officers who will be reporting to Indian attache in Kabul.

We already have enough consulates or bases in Afghan to do the ' job ' as per Pakistan's claim.

Exactly......The IA can send lots of instructors. It won't make a blind bit of difference.:lol:

I think the IA is poorly equipped to handle the situation (which modern, well funded armies are having difficulties with.) If they try some of the tactics they are trying in Kashmir then Good luck to them because they will need it!:lol:

Equipment or satelites wont help you in Afghanistan. Only numbers will.

What makes you think IA is there to make a difference to the ANA, India never claimed anything such. They are just sending a batch of officers thats it.

And yeah IA is considered to be a good fighting force when it comes to CI by US and other countries who send their troops to train in India.

Most of the US and British soldiers and officers that serve in Iraq and Afghanistan are the either criminals or losers back home who gets enrolled bcoz they are fit for no other job. Their were enough press reports which showed that US had lowered the recruitment standrads to get enough soldiers to serve in Iraq.

Well their were even video footages of BA running for cover like kids when the Taliban/AQ outmanouvored them and started firing.

Well just to remind you that Pakistan public stance is pro US and anti taliban/ extremists. The moment US / NATO feels they are losing bcoz of Pakistan, be sure of hot pursuits and aerborne operations from across the borders. Your president is weaker than ever, he would be thrown out immediatly after that and you can well imagine the mess that follows.

About a month ago Mushy already told US & Co, if they keep talking that Pakistan will pull out of the "War on Terror" coalation, he isn't as weak as some of you are potraying him to be, after this threat I have rarely heard anything actually nothing at all being said about on US media. Plus, US isn't really in a position to make any kinds of mis-adventure, they are stuck between a hard place, and recently new's comming out about the war funding and their is a split in the house and congree which isn't a good sign. Plus, NATO/US has no real control of areas out side on Kabul the South isn't really in their control either, rather Ex-NA and Taliban are teaming up now.

About Public stance, well it's not really Pro-US I can tell you that, rather they want to move away from the US and not be dependant on it.

WASHINGTON, April 20: The US military does not have permission to conduct operations inside Pakistan’s tribal territory even if it is tipped that Osama bin Laden is hiding in that area, says the commander of the US Central Command (Centcom).

http://www.dawn.com/2007/04/21/top2.htm

ISLAMABAD, April 12: Pakistan on Thursday threatened to quit the international coalition against terrorism if its partners, particularly the United States and its media, continued to accuse Islamabad of dragging its feet.

“If we are bluffing each other, if I am bluffing and if Inter-Services Intelligence is bluffing, then we must be out of the coalition,” President

Pervez Musharraf declared at the concluding session of the Land Forces Symposium 2007 being attended by senior military officials of 22 countries.

http://www.dawn.com/2007/04/21/top2.htm

And yeah IA is considered to be a good fighting force when it comes to CI by US and other countries who send their troops to train in India.

Bro, we aren't doubting IA troop capabilities, but when countries go to train else where it's for a reason to sharpen their own abilities, trying something that isn't offered (range wise, etc) in their place, or get familiar with the region, US goes to Philipnes, doesn't mean PA are the best right away, etc.

Most of the US and British soldiers and officers that serve in Iraq and Afghanistan are the either criminals or losers back home who gets enrolled bcoz they are fit for no other job. Their were enough press reports which showed that US had lowered the recruitment standrads to get enough soldiers to serve in Iraq.

So, that means my professors (Ex-Navy officers) are loosers, my friends are loosers, their might be soldiers who are criminals (don't generalize across the spectrum), but US re-changed those laws to limit how many offensives a person can have if he wants to join, and they are now going through a little more regiours process, and gang members are now being tossed out the army, etc.

Plus, wouldn't IA officers be in this catagory as well criminals and loosers, for creating fake counters to win medals along with regular ground forces, taking innocient lives?

Well their were even video footages of BA running for cover like kids when the Taliban/AQ outmanouvored them and started firing.

I own guns my-self and fired them, when you have bullets flying across it's another emitonal side effect, rather than you firing (since your at another end of the gun), everyone gets' affraid, its' certainly not something to enjoy or praise over I have friends who came back with no legs/arms and are suffering nightmares, etc and it's not a pretty sight, rather alot of people in the US go to the military not cause they enjoy it rather for school money. But one thing for sure is that western people aren't so cozy like ME and Pakistani's shooting day and night, our beliefs and idealogy sets us apart.

Equipment or satelites wont help you in Afghanistan. Only numbers will.

What makes you think IA is there to make a difference to the ANA, India never claimed anything such. They are just sending a batch of officers thats it.

Sorry Bull what is your experience of being fired at? Newsflash.....when you get shot at you get out of the damn way:disagree:

Yes we are all criminals back home.....:lol: you have no clue.......Don't confuse the British army with the American.
As for your CI work we have seen the amazing results there.
Let me clear a few things up for you. No one sends western armies) their troops to India or Pak for training. They might do training in tandem or as a goodwill gesture. But that is all.
Don't take this as a insult to the troops but rather their training.

And whilst equipment and satellites don't win wars (they do help) the intensive training programs during training and prior to deployments do win them.

IA is very well equipped, We just dont have it across our Army, Our schools are top class. Anyways maybe it is a culture gap, that western armies cant teach afghans.

kashmiri tactics are working very well for us. Afghans wont have to fight with their hand tied behind as Indians are doing in Kashmir. None of the Foriegn Forces or Personnels think that way about the Indian Forces as you have.

More than Cross- Training , They come to India for tactics schooling. We are bit above the basic training

IA is very well equipped, We just dont have it across our Army, Our schools are top class. Anyways maybe it is a culture gap, that western armies cant teach afghans.

kashmiri tactics are working very well for us. Afghans wont have to fight with their hand tied behind as Indians are doing in Kashmir. None of the Foriegn Forces or Personnels think that way about the Indian Forces as you have.

More than Cross- Training , They come to India for tactics schooling. We are bit above the basic training

You know it is funny but i can't seem to find Any information on the number of Indian casualties for the "successful" tactics ......wonder why that is?

Sorry but the majority of people who serve as I have, think this way. Ask a gurkha wether he would rather serve in a Indian unit of a British one....

Cross training????? in what? Jungle warfare? Will they know more than the instructors in Belize, Borneo and Brunei? heard of the successful operations that have been done there?
Mountain warfare? Heard of the German Alpine courses or the French ones? The Arctic courses in Norway.

I could go on and on......sorry to burst your bubble guys.... And it seems that your idea of "success" involves brutalising people which has always been kknown to breed success:disagree:

Maybe then can follow Sword's example and surround their vehicles with civilians

Adux what the hell are you talking about Ia being well equipped and and top class schools? havent you checked my reply in page 2 last?

how come dark rice eating thin legged people have top class schools?

pleaze enlighten me.

and whoever is thinking this to attack pakistan is literally dreaming, our men will be more interested in a bit afgani dance with nice kabab and sleep, atleast i would have done that..

About a month ago Mushy already told US & Co, if they keep talking that Pakistan will pull out of the "War on Terror" coalation,

he cant. He depends on US to hold on to power. Such comments are meant for domestic consumption.

Plus, wouldn't IA officers be in this catagory as well criminals and loosers, for creating fake counters to win medals along with regular ground forces, taking innocient lives?

ofcourse yes, they are criminals in uniform. Whats the doubt about it?

Adux and Bull, guys stop it. No need to explain. No need to give justifications or explain why they are needed or not.
The fact is that IA is sending some people to train the ANA. And its another blow to Pakistan whether people here accept it or not.

You know it is funny but i can't seem to find Any information on the number of Indian casualties for the "successful" tactics ......wonder why that is?

Sorry but the majority of people who serve as I have, think this way. Ask a gurkha wether he would rather serve in a Indian unit of a British one....

Cross training????? in what? Jungle warfare? Will they know more than the instructors in Belize, Borneo and Brunei? heard of the successful operations that have been done there?
Mountain warfare? Heard of the German Alpine courses or the French ones? The Arctic courses in Norway.

I could go on and on......sorry to burst your bubble guys.... And it seems that your idea of "success" involves brutalising people which has always been kknown to breed success:disagree:

Maybe then can follow Sword's example and surround their vehicles with civilians

If I pay in pounds, gurkha would work for me, But alas I am Indian and my salaries and benfits are quite low.
Mountain Warfare, How many countries have successfully captured and defended the world highest and coldest battlefield. Siachin.
How many countries in the recent history has gone up the mountain and captured it, a situation which also demanded the Combination of Artillary and Aerial Bombardment. Tourist can go up the Swiss Alps. As a soldier you should know well, Combat Experience is all together different. How many countries have been involved in the dense rainy forest of the North East on Deplyoment, and have carried out constant hot pursuit operations. We are good at CI, it doesnt matter wether you accept, We give officers training.... Not a small thing.

If you give voilence and go against the nation, perpetrators and their supporters will be hanged and brought to justice in the most voilent way possible. I rather save one innocent, than 100 terrorist sympathizing idiots.
I rather care about the poor Pandits and Ladaki's who have been mass murdered and driven from their home'sby the so called Kashmiri Miltants, i rather care about those kashmiri muslims who have caught in the crossfire, The soc called Kashmiri Miltants for me they are terrorist. Blowing up market places and all. Atleast for all our fake encounters and other crimes have been atleast caught by our own people and they are being punished. Who is going to punish the miltants blowing up the market place. You can have the data for terrorist death, mode of death, civilians deaths and soldier deaths from the Mod website. You give violence, You can accept hell in return.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom