What's new

Indian Army to undergo major reforms

There are articles posted about his results, there are no results. If I refuse to look at the articles that are put up, it is because they are the results of cheque-oriented leadership and publicity-based leadership. Naturally, you will not let go of the security blanket of favourable notices from a purchased press; naturally they will show that all is well.

In five years' time, let us look quickly at what he has achieved:
  1. Army:
    1. Betrayal on OROP
    2. Failure to pick a side-arm.
    3. No movement on bullet-proof vests
    4. A shortage of MANPADs - again, compare the PA figures to ours.
    5. No significant improvement in firepower of units - look at the respective orders of battle and see for yourself the shortage of tubed and tubeless artillery in the Indian Army compared to the Pakistan Army.
    6. No movement on the Arjuna: not in production, nor in deployment, nor in Army's buy-in into the technology involved.
    7. No movement on (a) conversion of Infantry Divisions into RAPID; (b) equipment of existing RAPID.
    8. No restructuring the cantonment structure to address the need for speedy deployment when faced by threats - no improvement in deployment speed.
    9. No improvement in air defence; displayed vividly in recent days.
    10. A lopsided inventory of attack helicopters - compare the PA figures to ours.
Should I remind you of the Air Force situation?

I am still confused, but I will try to see older posts, and see if anyone knows what has become of him.

As usual, you are wrong on pretty much EVERY count.

1. OROP which was pending for 40+ years was resolved in 2015. Payment of revised pension is with effect from 01.07.2014. Better still pension would be re-fixed every five years. http://www.desw.gov.in/circulars

2. 7,50,000 units of the Kalashnikov AK-203 to be built in Amethi. 72,400 SIG Sauer to be supplied to Infantry.

3. 1.86 lakh bulletproof jackets, contract signed in major 'Make in India' contract in 2018.

4. Deal signed with Russia for 1.5-billion $ military contract to supply India with the 9K388 Igla-S man-portable air-defense system (MANPADS). 5,000 of them.

5. IA finally got Artillery after 31 years. 145, M777 ultra-light howitzers from the US and 100, K9 Vajra tracked self-propelled guns from South Korea. 114 Dhanush howitzers ordered and inducted.

6. 70 modifications have been done over the first version of Arjun, 124. This new Mark 1A has cleared trials. Maintenance contract with BEML signed. 118 Mk2 Arjun to be inducted with 93 new modifications including reduction of weight to 65 kg.

7. Akhnoor-based Division of the Indian Army tasked to protect the Chammb-Jaurian sector has been "rapidised." with two additional T-72 tank regiments and two mechanised infantry regiments. Other being 12th Rapid, 36th Rapid, 18th Rapid, 24th Rapid and 14th Rapid.

8. Entire Army is being reorganized to improve this. This very thread is for that purpose.

9. S-400 deal signed with Russia. QRSAM on verge of being Inducted. SPYDER and AKASH operational.

10. 4 Chinook CH-47F already in India. Apache to arrive in March. LCH weapons trial completed.
Procurement approved for initial batch of 15 LCH's (10 for IAF and 5 for Army).

11. Heron TP to be inducted this year. These are armed UAV. 36 Rafale to start arriving this year. 18 New Su-30MKI to be ordered. 21 mothballed and upgraded Mig-29 to be purchased.

12. Defence forces now has 13 satellites keeping eyes on our enemies. IN and IAF each have their own communication satellite. IA to have their own too soon.

From where I stand, things could not have been better for the MoD and Defence forces. The results are there for all to see.

As usual, you are wrong on pretty much EVERY count.

1. OROP which was pending for 40+ years was resolved in 2015. Payment of revised pension is with effect from 01.07.2014. Better still pension would be re-fixed every five years. http://www.desw.gov.in/circulars

Check with the soldiers what they think, instead of repeating self-glorifying propaganda.

2. 7,50,000 units of the Kalashnikov AK-203 to be built in Amethi. 72,400 SIG Sauer to be supplied to Infantry.

Future tense, after five years of prancing around proclaiming that results are imminent.

3. 1.86 lakh bulletproof jackets, contract signed in major 'Make in India' contract in 2018.

Future tense; after taking over the administration five years ago.

4. Deal signed with Russia for 1.5-billion $ military contract to supply India with the 9K388 Igla-S man-portable air-defense system (MANPADS). 5,000 of them.

Future tense, after five years of expanding (and contracting) a 56" chest.

5. IA finally got Artillery after 31 years. 145, M777 ultra-light howitzers from the US and 100, K9 Vajra tracked self-propelled guns from South Korea. 114 Dhanush howitzers ordered and inducted.

245 guns in five years. Congratulations. The first one to show delivery, if only of a little squeaking mouse. Meanwhile the lion continues to roar.

6. 70 modifications have been done over the first version of Arjun, 124. This new Mark 1A has cleared trials. Maintenance contract with BEML signed. 118 Mk2 Arjun to be inducted with 93 new modifications including reduction of weight to 65 kg.

Future tense after five years of heavy breathing on stage, and five years of globe-trotting while the country burned.

7. Akhnoor-based Division of the Indian Army tasked to protect the Chammb-Jaurian sector has been "rapidised." with two additional T-72 tank regiments and two mechanised infantry regiments. Other being 12th Rapid, 36th Rapid, 18th Rapid, 24th Rapid and 14th Rapid.

Second delivery in entire list. Another little mouse.

8. Entire Army is being reorganized to improve this. This very thread is for that purpose.

After five years of informing us all that our soldiers bleed on the borders. Future tense again. This thread shows the incompetence and effrontery of the pack of jokers that is being praised in the thread.

9. S-400 deal signed with Russia. QRSAM on verge of being Inducted. SPYDER and AKASH operational.

Future tense, on verge of happening. This is a perpetual drama on a cliff edge. No wonder these Pakistanis are laughing at us.

10. 4 Chinook CH-47F already in India. Apache to arrive in March. LCH weapons trial completed.
Procurement approved for initial batch of 15 LCH's (10 for IAF and 5 for Army).

What were you told to do? Look at the numbers of the Pakistani complement of helicopters. And not a single 6" chest in the whole 200 billion jim-bang lot.

11. Heron TP to be inducted this year. These are armed UAV. 36 Rafale to start arriving this year. 18 New Su-30MKI to be ordered. 21 mothballed and upgraded Mig-29 to be purchased.

'to be inducted this year'
'to start arriving this year'
'to be ordered'
'to be purchased'

Now go and explain to the widows that these steps are going to protect them in future. Be sure to slip a telephone directory down the seat of your trousers before going to see them.

12. Defence forces now has 13 satellites keeping eyes on our enemies. IN and IAF each have their own communication satellite. IA to have their own too soon.

And THAT'S why, boys and girls, we got satellite pictures of Balakot the very next morning, never mind the cloud cover on the night itself, even before the Pakistani ISPR told the world what had happened. There was that unfortunate minor delay while the war cabinet took the photographs and gloated over them in the privacy of his own room.

From where I stand, things could not have been better for the MoD and Defence forces.

Leading to the unfortunate conclusion that you are a Chinese false-flagger. Even a Pakistani could not be so openly contemptuous of our country and the plight that its defences have been reduced to.

The results are there for all to see.

So they are, so they are.

Check with the soldiers what they think, instead of repeating self-glorifying propaganda.

Future tense, after five years of prancing around proclaiming that results are imminent.

245 guns in five years. Congratulations. The first one to show delivery, if only of a little squeaking mouse. Meanwhile the lion continues to roar.

Future tense after five years of heavy breathing on stage, and five years of globe-trotting while the country burned.

After five years of informing us all that our soldiers bleed on the borders. Future tense again. This thread shows the incompetence and effrontery of the pack of jokers that is being praised in the thread.

Future tense, on verge of happening. This is a perpetual drama on a cliff edge. No wonder these Pakistanis are laughing at us.

What were you told to do? Look at the numbers of the Pakistani complement of helicopters. And not a single 6" chest in the whole 200 billion jim-bang lot.

'to be ordered'
'to be purchased'

Now go and explain to the widows that these steps are going to protect them in future. Be sure to slip a telephone directory down the seat of your trousers before going to see them.

And THAT'S why, boys and girls, we got satellite pictures of Balakot the very next morning, never mind the cloud cover on the night itself, even before the Pakistani ISPR told the world what had happened. There was that unfortunate minor delay while the war cabinet took the photographs and gloated over them in the privacy of his own room.

Leading to the unfortunate conclusion that you are a Chinese false-flagger. Even a Pakistani could not be so openly contemptuous of our country and the plight that its defences have been reduced to.

Aren't you taking a completely cynical view of literally everything defense establishment is doing? just because you have a dislike for modi?

Aren't you taking a completely cynical view of literally everything defense establishment is doing? just because you have a dislike for modi?

What about leaving psychoanalysis behind and bringing facts out? So far, we have had only smoke and mirrors; why not prove that these visuals have tangibles behind them?

Furthermore, it is not about the defence establishment; it is that establishment itself that complained that there was a parallel negotiation going on, unknown to them, conducted by the PMO.

It is my sincere conviction that the kind of management style that the present Prime Minister has, the kind of talent that he and his party have for filling ministerial posts, and the understanding of how to achieve results is pretty much defective. An *** challenged this evaluation, so we looked at the facts. Why are you doing what you don't want me to do, assigning everything wrong in what I have said and written to some factor of my personality?

What about leaving psychoanalysis behind and bringing facts out? So far, we have had only smoke and mirrors; why not prove that these visuals have tangibles behind them?

Furthermore, it is not about the defence establishment; it is that establishment itself that complained that there was a parallel negotiation going on, unknown to them, conducted by the PMO.

It is my sincere conviction that the kind of management style that the present Prime Minister has, the kind of talent that he and his party have for filling ministerial posts, and the understanding of how to achieve results is pretty much defective. An *** challenged this evaluation, so we looked at the facts. Why are you doing what you don't want me to do, assigning everything wrong in what I have said and written to some factor of my personality?

I don’t chase Indian defense development like a hawk. But the amount of work being undertaken to change the arms held by forces and like mentioned in your own message - isn’t that a work in progress more than anytime in recent history?

Am not a modi fan boy - but I treat you as one of the senior most Indian posters on these forums (not that this is a burden you should be weary of) and I saw a cynicism in your post, so I asked you for it.

On Rafale - I am seriously not sure if the elections are covering up facts.

LOL. Why ? I only have to deal with FACTS, not OPINIONS.

You mean, you thought "Modi was a Dictator" ? a Hitler ? :cheesy: ......... you sound disappointed he followed the system and worked within the established process. :P

ALL Defense requirements have been addressed. Name ONE requirement that is pending.

All delays were do to the forces themselves. For eg. In 2015 the Army cancelled the Request for Proposal (RFP) for bullet proof jackets due to rejection of all samples in the trials.

LOL..... which Army REQUIREMENT has been Ignored ?

Better still MoD has approved 6 Billion $ Battle Field Management system under the Army's Integrated Project Management Team.

Some 600 will be procured and will be critical elements of the Army's network-centric warfare program and will link infantry level troops on the battlefield to the command headquarters. GoI to fund 80% of development cost.

Country did just fine. Amazing by CONgress and "secular" standards.

sure ....... Agusta Westland copters were LIONS for some. lol.

Are you claiming that army will stop bleeding on the borders if Modi is not PM ? :lol:

lol.... no one except you care when hyenas laugh.

in 2017 , MoD awarded public sector OFB and Bharat Electronics (BEL) a contract for upgrading 693 BMP-2 infantry combat vehicles at a cost of Rs 2,400 crore. These will be fitted with anti-tank guided missile systems and newer engines, improved transmission, gear and suspension system, cooling system, weapons system and ammunition, gunner sighting (day and night), commander sighting besides protection against anti-tank guided missiles (ATGM’s).

Modi govt. had the guts to sanction strikes repeatedly INTO pakistan and the world stood with India. That is more valuable than anything pakistanis have.

'to be ordered'
'to be purchased'

Ya right, Post Modi there will be ZERO widows. :lol:

It was good enough to conduct successful strikes twice in pakistan.

GoI under Modi is interested in winning the ACTUAL war and not the propaganda war like the PA. :lol: There in lies the difference.

Unfortunately I have no such illusions about you. I am well aware of the termites within India gloating over terror strikes to score political points and demanding "proof" of IAF strikes.

Yes they are.

Back
Top Bottom