What's new

Indian Army looking for Cornershot weapon systems

If i am not wrong the weapon mounted is a Socom SD, correct me if i am wrong & what kinda weapons can be mounted on it

Looks like Socom ! :agree:

The standard CornerShot mounts a normal semi-automatic pistol,

7263450cf7c8b7adf92021cba5d1600b.jpg

40 mm Grenade Launcher

1f38849f3a367453a8cf18df1388bd00.jpg

Assault Rifle mount

"CornerShot Panzerfaust"

b2e93a600d25dfa4a236289d56fc24bb.jpg

A derivative of the system is also developed for anti-tank weapons. A first impression of such design was on display by Dynamit Nobel at Eurosatory 2004. The system enables target acquisition and firing the Panzerfaust anti-tank rocket system, behind obstacles, where the weapon is aimed at the target exposed, while the operator controls it around a corner or protected by a wall or other barrier

Is there a comparison between the ones available and the one Pakistan developed.

well i don't see what it has to do to be comparable.

Corner shot does not even come with a Gun.

Its a device that lets you shoot around corners. When u put a gun at the front.

How different can they possibly be.

It bends, camera, screen and trigger i presume. not much varriation there.

Why you think POF eye is not comparable??
Its a modern Gun & has entered production after all its not a Nazi Krummlauf :lol:

I asked this question based on quote, I was replying "India should buy from Pakistan". For a minute if I consider that option, then I will look for comparison. What I looked over goggle told me that it was first made by Israel and then copied (the idea is important here) by China and Pakistan. It was also mentioned that it is not very difficult technology once the idea is known.

I asked this question based on quote, I was replying "India should buy from Pakistan". For a minute if I consider that option, then I will look for comparison. What I looked over goggle told me that it was first made by Israel and then copied (the idea is important here) by China and Pakistan. It was also mentioned that it is not very difficult technology once the idea is known.

Then why we have to buy it ?.

By the way, why don't India buy that from us. We are enemies when we are standing against each other but whole world is united against Terrorism and that means, Pakistan and India are on the same side to fight and eliminate Terrorism. May be because of ego India would opt some other western system but POF Eye would be the most economical but a capable platform to fulfill India's requirements.

The question would be, "will Pakistan sell to us"? I dont think if it meets all the requirments within budget, Indian govt would not want to buy it. Besides, we should do more trade with each other.

Then we ask the question why the Americans don't make their own.

Why the Russians don't Make their own.

Why the Germans and Finally why not India.

Everyone gets the corner shot from Israile, why ?

By the way, why don't India buy that from us. We are enemies when we are standing against each other but whole world is united against Terrorism and that means, Pakistan and India are on the same side to fight and eliminate Terrorism. May be because of ego India would opt some other western system but POF Eye would be the most economical but a capable platform to fulfill India's requirements.
ALH dhruv fullfil all the requirement of pak arm force it is best in it class. Already pass high attitude test in extreme difficult condition in siachen. did you think pak buy that beautiful machine ????????

Then we ask the question why the Americans don't make their own.

Why the Russians don't Make their own.

Why the Germans and Finally why not India.

Everyone gets the corner shot from Israile, why ?

it needs only during hostage kind of situation so it will need in small quanity instead puting money in R&D. we can buy it

:sniper:
The question would be, "will Pakistan sell to us"? I dont think if it meets all the requirments within budget, Indian govt would not want to buy it. Besides, we should do more trade with each other.

Taking the lead from common sense, I am concluding that Pakistan will be happy to sell POF Eye to India. By doing so, Pakistan will earn valuable Foreign Exchange that we desperately need to support 10s of our defense related projects.

POF is not a strategic assert but its a gun to eliminate terrorism, primarily used in urban environment. So terrorists, be it on Pakistani soil or Indian soil, are still terrorists and POF Eye in Indian hands or Pakistani hands will be helping to secure common citizens against terrorists and that is in the favor of every government including Pakistan.

BUT having said that, this evaluation must be done at the right time. Right now temperature between India/Pakistan and India/China is more than usual and chances of a deal are less likely considering the hostile attitude towards each other. So give it some time before you go for that.

Taking the lead from common sense, I am concluding that Pakistan will be happy to sell POF Eye to India. By doing so, Pakistan will earn valuable Foreign Exchange that we desperately need to support 10s of our defense related projects.

Do u think GOI will help u get $$$ to buy weapons which will be ultimately aimed back ???? wishful thinking..
but i appreciate ur thinking (trading relationship w/ INDIA)

Im sorry for Asking the Obvious question,

But

The Indian Army has launched a global hunt for corner shot weapons

There is only one corner shot sold by Israel.

The other systems are in the hands of nations,
who don't make it a point to sell us weapons.

So what are we hunting for.

POF is not a strategic assert but its a gun to eliminate terrorism, primarily used in urban environment. So terrorists, be it on Pakistani soil or Indian soil, are still terrorists and POF Eye in Indian hands or Pakistani hands will be helping to secure common citizens against terrorists and that is in the favor of every government including Pakistan.

BUT having said that, this evaluation must be done at the right time. Right now temperature between India/Pakistan and India/China is more than usual and chances of a deal are less likely considering the hostile attitude towards each other. So give it some time before you go for that.

there are better things to trade then just Arm's

Indo-Pak trade can be in the billions had we better relations.
Not to mention the 100's of billions of dollars worth of transit trade going though Pakistan. Even Pipelines from both the middle east and Russia.

Alas how the corporations dream of all the money to be made.

You know now that you consider it. No wonder India is always saying think of the trade.
The amount of money we spend of fighting each other would only pe a fraction of all the trade.

Is POF Eye in production not the prototypes ?
Which units in pakistan are using these arms at the moment, any Idea about how many were produced ?

Do u think GOI will help u get $$$ to buy weapons which will be ultimately aimed back ???? wishful thinking..
but i appreciate ur thinking (trading relationship w/ INDIA)

If India is fearing its money being used against it then there exists an equal threat of India using POF Eye against Pakistan at the time of war.

It would be a great step forward if both the countries could identify difference between fighting terrorists and criminals vs fighting an army. Pakistan is fighting war against TTP and India is fighting a similar war against Naxals. POF Eye is typical urban warfare weapon and mostly likely to be used against terrorists, criminal gangs, kidnappers and other evils that are mutual enemy of both Nations. I am still of view that when there is an opportunity to extend cooperation in the area where we both are pointing fingers at each other, such deal would be a milestone in extending trust on each other.

Back
Top Bottom