What's new

Indian Army latest arms aquisition....

but banning defence companies hitting the modernisation of Indian army while China n Pakistan daily inducting lots of new tech into their artillary how can we compete them n neutralise their threat if we start banning companies...hang corrupt men is the best solution

Probe stalls upgrade, Army to get new guns

The Indian Army is set to order new artillery guns worth aproximately Rs 1,000 crore as plans to upgrade existing guns have been stalled after a probe was initiated against the Israeli firm Soltam which had been awarded the contract.

The Army has issued a Request for Information, which will be followed by formal global tenders, to acquire new 155 mm/42 calibre towed guns to fill vital gaps in its artillery arsenal. The Army is planning to acquire close to 400 guns at the earliest.

A contract for upgrading the older generation M46 guns to modern 155 mm/45 calibre standards had been signed with Soltam earlier. Soltam is partially owned by arms agent Sudhir Choudhary, wanted by the CBI in several arms procurement cases.

While Soltam has already upgraded 180 Russian M46 guns, further orders have been stalled, forcing the Army to place orders for new guns.

The Army’s artillery modernisation programme, which is years behind schedule with scandals hitting most defence vendors like Bofors, Denel and lately Singapore Technologies, envisages a force of more than 500 of the 155mm/45 cal towed guns. While the Army has not received even a single new gun in the past two decades since the Bofors scandal, there is a line of thought that the stringent requirements laid out for new guns has come in the way of purchases.

As a result, all tenders floated by the Army in recent years to acquire new guns have come to a naught.

our rivals are getting stronger everyday, everyday we waste is just that much more of an advantage we give them, I just hope whoever is in charge realizes this.

I don't care what the reasons are, delay after delay, scandal after scandal, they should just hang anyone they find guilty for conspiracy against the nation, and fast track all the purchases. We can't afford to take our own leisurely pace, and then point fingers when things don't go according to plan when the day comes.
No other country faces the security threat we do, I don't understand why these fools are sleeping.

Some of the most high-tech armament acquisitions by India are classified since they are mostly sourced from Israel. If the Phalcon AWACS were to be ordered today, I suspect there would not be as much publicity. It would be safe to assume that there is a definite wink and a nod by the US. Now the US is more than eager for India to acquire sensitive technologies that would have been inconceivable even 10 years ago. I think the single most important diplomatic coup by India has been to establish trust and good relations with Israel.

i got one indian latest tech missle feared by indians itself lol!!!

XiLA6XtAqvM[/media] - FAILED MISSILE TEST BY INDIA

You got it buddy, Indian missiles sometimes fail. But so do the American and Russian ones. Pakistan ofcourse does not have to bother about failures during missile development as it does not take the trouble to develop any. You guys just buy them off the shelf from China and North Korea. Really smart.
God how immature some people are.

Last edited by a moderator:
You got it buddy, Indian missiles sometimes fail. But so do the American and Russian ones. Pakistan ofcourse does not have to bother about failures during missile development as it does not take the trouble to develop any. You guys just buy them off the shelf from China and North Korea. Really smart.
God how immature some people are.

Dont compare yourselves to americans. They are lightyears ahead of anything india has. If youd bothered to do some research youd be embarrased to know that pakistans own missiles are technically more advanced than north koreas so how did they help us build them:what:. More embarrasing for you would be looking up that independant european study which confirmed that Pakistans indegenous missile program and therefore missiles are most advanced than india so the naive and childish excuse you have doesnt fly around here and it just looks like you cant digest your neighbours advancements. In other words grow up

Dont compare yourselves to americans. They are lightyears ahead of anything india has. If youd bothered to do some research youd be embarrased to know that pakistans own missiles are technically more advanced than north koreas so how did they help us build them.

I did some research but i have failed to see any paper or any credible Neutral source to support your theory.

May be you can point me towards a Credible source?
May be.
More embarrasing for you would be looking up that independant european study which confirmed that Pakistans indegenous missile program and therefore missiles are most advanced than india so the naive and childish excuse you have doesnt fly around here and it just looks like you cant digest your neighbours advancements. In other words grow up

Link dear.
Give some links to support your claim

Coming back to the question...America has failures in its missile program inspite of them being ""Light years"" ahead of India

A few links highlighting the failure of a few US missiles.

link 1

Link 2

But the Pakistani missile program has not even had a single failure...

So I come to this conclusion

1)Pakistani Missile program is """light years"""x Light years ahead of the American Missile program and that is why no failures

Or

2)Pakistani Missile program is just a "Import, Test and Stock " thing.

What does your grown up logic suggest ?

Last edited:
I think the youtube video regarding India's nuclear ballistic missiles should have been posted on a sino-defence forum. We already know about Pakistani specific missiles like conventional Prithvi I, Prithvi III, conventional and nuclear Prithvi II, and Nuclear Agni I missiles.

Agni III (A,B,C), Agni III SLBM , Agni V and Agni V SLBM will be for china and other ICBM range targets.

India is planning to build 6 nuclear submarines. 3 by 2015.
ATV (I) will have 12 launch tubes with 2.4 diameter each.

K15 SLBM diamter is 0.74 meters. 3 missiles can be loaded into each launch tube. Agni III SLBM diameter is 2 meters.

ATV (I) would carry

12 x K15 SLBMs (700 km @ 1000 kg to 2000 km @ 250 kg)

plus

8 x Agni III SLBM (4000 km @ 2000 kg to 18,000 km @ 500 kg)

or

36 X K15 SLBMs (3 in each tube)

or

12 X Agni III SLBM

plus torpedoes and mines !!:cheers:

Last edited:
and the source for above information

1. bharatrakshak.com

2. shourya missile by Arun vishvakarma. It is in pdf format
:sniper:

Dont compare yourselves to americans. They are lightyears ahead of anything india has. If youd bothered to do some research youd be embarrased to know that pakistans own missiles are technically more advanced than north koreas so how did they help us build them:what:. More embarrasing for you would be looking up that independant european study which confirmed that Pakistans indegenous missile program and therefore missiles are most advanced than india so the naive and childish excuse you have doesnt fly around here and it just looks like you cant digest your neighbours advancements. In other words grow up

Hi, look, everything you have is from China. The Chinese have got it from Russia or stolen the technology from Russia or the west. They reverse engineer and make cheap copies and send them to you. So how come Pakistan now has suddenly got so advanced? Dont flaunt your technology as you have not developed it, it is not yours. The difference between India and Pakistan is that when Indian scientists goof up, they are flayed publically whereas, in Pakistan they get congratulated for making things they havent. Gullible countrymen of yours believe the farce. It is guys like you who pick up items from the Indian media where we have criticised ourselves and use these bits to try to show us our deficiencies which our media only reported. One would have laughed at the whole charade had it not been so tragic. The least you can do is own up and say that yes you have it but no you dont know a fig about it as Chinese operators trained in Russia or France press the buttons. Sure we would understand.
And yes in reply to your second point, do you see any reason why any one would not be "able to digest a neighbour's advancements" when the advancement has been purchased from some country which pirated the technology from some other country with funds meant for fightings jihadis? Honestly I cant.

Hi, look, everything you have is from China. The Chinese have got it from Russia or stolen the technology from Russia or the west. They reverse engineer and make cheap copies and send them to you. So how come Pakistan now has suddenly got so advanced? Dont flaunt your technology as you have not developed it, it is not yours. The difference between India and Pakistan is that when Indian scientists goof up, they are flayed publically whereas, in Pakistan they get congratulated for making things they havent. Gullible countrymen of yours believe the farce. It is guys like you who pick up items from the Indian media where we have criticised ourselves and use these bits to try to show us our deficiencies which our media only reported. One would have laughed at the whole charade had it not been so tragic. The least you can do is own up and say that yes you have it but no you dont know a fig about it as Chinese operators trained in Russia or France press the buttons. Sure we would understand.
And yes in reply to your second point, do you see any reason why any one would not be "able to digest a neighbour's advancements" when the advancement has been purchased from some country which pirated the technology from some other country with funds meant for fightings jihadis? Honestly I cant.

Hit bulls eyes.... Hindi me kahte hai dost pahle apne garewaan me jaakh kar dekh jara phir bolo........:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Looking at the video closely, I cant seem to recall any Indian missile that looks like that. The closest is the Prithvi, but the fins at the bottom are not like that, Prithvi has fins somewhere in the middle. Moreover, although, the logo on the top left is Doordarshan, the logo on the lower right is someother channel. Could this possibly be someone else's test failure ????

may be the logo which embarking on the corner of that video could be the pakistani n their missiles fail during trial ,Y so ,,,,,, becoz they imported the entire missiles from China n North korea,....so their men fail to readout the Chink codes easily ......hahahaha

Back
Top Bottom