What's new

Indian Army Female Soldiers at Indo-Pak Border 2009

These Indians come here and post such nonsense!

These Indians are shameful! It`s their disgusting mentality that must be stopped! Our culture is about honour, dignity, and morals, while they know little of that!

:)

Thanks for that insight. I'm going to send that to my friend who's policy head of credit for the biggest bank in the gulf.

They've stopped giving loans to pakistanis generally as the default rate of pakistanis is 700% more than indians. Maybe based on your assurance - honor, dignity and morals, he can restart giving loans to pakistanis.

Now you also send that memo to pakistanis here too, so that they can stop running away after taking loans :lol::lol::lol:

Answer - Because men and women are equal. Anyone who thinks differently is a sexist fool.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm all up for women in uniforms :azn:.
But the thing is that, sure men and women are equal, there just not 'identical'. Men don't get pregnant and there are far less chances to be sexually abused and assaulted as compared to a woman (read 'chances', not 'certainities'). Also, there are far more chances that a man would be stronger, smarter and tougher and just like S2 said have a demeanor more threatning than a woman, to affect for a psychological advantage in the opponent's mind.

I'm sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings but it's totally fine when you have women patrolling streets and markets, being traffic wardens, helping with women control at gatherings and public events, even policing cities and towns but IMHO the 'borders' are just not the right place for them. And I'm sure that some Indians will agree with me that, whilst women can and are fully able to match the patrolling forces inside your contry, at the doorsteps maybe it's not the right place for them as yet. Because you see, that is where you need only the very 'best' of people, which at this moment in time, unfortunately, can only be done by men. There could be a time in future when women can ably match the 'very best' of people at 'the borders'. Now, I personally think, is not 'that' time. Again, I'm sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings, it's not the purpose of my post.

Although great post, I'm always up for pictures of women (regardless of Indian or Pakistani). :victory:

But the thing is that, sure men and women are equal, there just not 'identical'. Men don't get pregnant and there are far less chances to be sexually abused and assaulted as compared to a woman (read 'chances', not 'certainities'). Also, there are far more chances that a man would be stronger, smarter and tougher and just like S2 said have a demeanor more threatning than a woman, to affect for a psychological advantage in the opponent's mind.

I'm sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings but it's totally fine when you have women patrolling streets and markets, being traffic wardens, helping with women control at gatherings and public events, even policing cities and towns but IMHO the 'borders' are just not the right place for them. And I'm sure that some Indians will agree with me that, whilst women can and are fully able to match the patrolling forces inside your contry, at the doorsteps maybe it's not the right place for them as yet. Because you see, that is where you need only the very 'best' of people, which at this moment in time, unfortunately, can only be done by men. There could be a time in future when women can ably match the 'very best' of people at 'the borders'. Now, I personally think, is not 'that' time. Again, I'm sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings, it's not the purpose of my post.

Although great post, I'm always up for pictures of women (regardless of Indian or Pakistani). :victory:

Your point is valid. I agree.
Non-combat army services are of equal importance. Also BSF/police or even paramilitary is very fine. However army battle unit is a bit much. I am not saying they are less capable in any way.

so you mean women must lock themselves up only coz there are chances of them been raped :rolleyes:
was this point for or against women?

ek_indian said:
However army battle unit is a bit much. I am not saying they are less capable in any way.

If there would have been no Russian women, Stalingrad would have fallen & Stalin would have reached Berlin in Chains

Last edited:
If there would have been no Russian women, Stalingrad would have fallen & Stalin would have reached Berlin in Chains

Well this is a kind of never-ending debate. However I gave my opinion and got yours as well.
I am all for seeing women in every sphere of security excluding army combat duties.

so you mean women must lock themselves up only coz there are chances of them been raped :rolleyes:
was this point for or against women?

Lady, I can see where this is going now and I don't want to take it there nor was my intention as such. I never meant women should lock themselves up nor was making a point 'for or against' women. How convenient of you to make it look like that.

I'm only stating that 'women' and 'men' are 2 'separate beings'. Yes they're equal, that does not in any way mean they're 'identical'. That is the basis of my assertion. Men have certain limitations, women have certain limitations, those limitations cannot be 'traded' with one another, after-all we are separate human beings. You can associate something ‘ideally’ suitable for men with women and same vice versa, but the ‘best’ outcome will only be achieved when you have the most ideally suited persons available for the job. That is the basis of my assertion.

Now coming to this topic at hand, I only said that ‘maybe’ borders isn’t the best place for women soldiers ‘at this time’. I whole-heartedly agree that women are capable of all the other ‘jobs’ that men can do and can certainly easily out perform men in certain situations. IMHO they are ideally suitable for almost every role that men can carry out. It is only just that ‘bit’ where you only need the best of beings, at the best of their abilities, and with the least amount of natural limitations associated because of them being a separate human being, that is where I feel that women are not ‘the’ ideal choice to stand as guards at the ‘border’. Please don’t twist my words, as I can see how easy that would be. Rather try to think about it with a cool and calm head. I’ve said it already and I’m saying it again I’m all up for women, they can be whatever they want to be ‘inside’ the country, but with all due respect they are not the ‘ideal’ choice for ‘guardians at the border’. It’s not a question of ‘equality’, rather ‘identity’. Women can be a helping hand just like men ‘behind’ the Armed Forces, they can not themselves be regarded as ‘the’ Armed Forces. ‘That’ is where the natural physical attributes favor men over women, and as human beings women naturally were never meant for that ‘particular’ role.

I hope I got my point across regarding the ‘specific’ situation at hand.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom