What's new

Indian Army emerges as the best patrolling force in the World.

Special forces are trained for practically everything including LRRP. In India, the secretive SFF is considered as the best in LRRP.

Secondly, Rawalpindi Corps or X Corps is a very large formation which includes it's own infantry, armoured, arty and signals elements, so it is kinda vague to mention that Rawalpindi Corps won the competition. Secondly, SSG was a part of Baloch regiment initially so I can't say anything.

This year it was 4th battalion of 9th Gurkha regiment of XXI Corps of Indian Army.

Actually I'd say the PARA SF (in the past almost entirely 9SF but now expanded to all PARA SFs) are the best LRRP units. They are also in the process of receiving new SF LSVs to be used in this role aswell as others.

Also interesting how IA have adopted the battle cap over the beret nowadays for operational use.

Actually I'd say the PARA SF (in the past almost entirely 9SF but now expanded to all PARA SFs) are the best LRRP units. They are also in the process of receiving new SF LSVs to be used in this role aswell as others.

Not exactly. The sole purpose of the creation of SFF was to infiltrate deep inside China and wage attrition warfare on a much larger Chinese forces.

"The CIA's secret war in Tibet". Read this book to learn about the creation of SFF.

Back
Top Bottom