What's new

Indian Army deploys Armoured bulldozers to destroy Chinese bunkers on Bhutan border

Allow me to make a small change:

we don't want to do anything to China as long as they don't do anything to us and our buddies (Bhutan).
Perhaps live and let live is hard to follow eh?

Better? :)

Huh. That's some twisted logic.
Why do Chinese think they can bully small countries that have no standing army?

I find it utterly repulsive that a big country would bully a peaceful nation like Bhutan.

why did the Indian army move in to destroy the bunker? i there an official word from the Indian side?

Huh. That's some twisted logic.
Why do Chinese think they can bully small countries that have no standing army?

I find it utterly repulsive that a big country would bully a peaceful nation like Bhutan.
Well. You can interpret anything as bullying if you don't like it. In this case, that area has already been under Chinese control for decades. It is no difference from AP under Indian control for decades. Both have been disputed and claimed by another country. Apparently, India thinks they can build roads in AP while China cannot do the same in that area. That doesn't sound fair, does it?

why did the Indian army move in to destroy the bunker? i there an official word from the Indian side?
The PLA started constructing roads in areas that are in dispute with the Kingdom of Bhutan and Bhutan(which does not have diplomatic relations with China or a standing army) asked for the Indian Army to address the issue.

The PLA started constructing roads in areas that are in dispute with the Kingdom of Bhutan and Bhutan(which does not have diplomatic relations with China or a standing army) asked for the Indian Army to address the issue.
I am quite curious on why Indian army didn't cross the China-Bhutan boundary, instead, crossed the China-Sikkim boundary. If the area is in dispute between China and Bhutan, wouldn't it be closer to Bhutan, not Sikkim?

India is biting more than they can chew.

Cheerleaders are back with their warnings :lol:

I am quite curious on why Indian army didn't cross the China-Bhutan boundary, instead, crossed the China-Sikkim boundary. If the area is in dispute between China and Bhutan, wouldn't it be closer to Bhutan, not Sikkim?

Its a trilateral border region. Shared by India, Bhutan and China. They tried to build a road on Bhutan side. India is responsible for Bhutan's external security and foreign affairs as per an agreement.

Its a trilateral border region. Shared by India, Bhutan and China. They tried to build a road on Bhutan side. India is responsible for Bhutan's external security and foreign affairs as per an agreement.
That only makes sense if Bhutan's border is considered as India's border and Bhutan is a part of India. So when one part of India's border is violated, India can take actions via any border with the violator. It implies that the border agreement between China and India regarding the Sikkim section is useless. In addition, the dialogue with Bhutan on border issue is also meaningless. China should sit down with India to settle Bhutan's border. Interesting relationship, isn't it? :)

That only makes sense if Bhutan's border is considered as India's border and Bhutan is a part of India. So when one part of India's border is violated, India can take actions via any border with the violator. It implies that the border agreement between China and India regarding the Sikkim section is useless. In addition, the dialogue with Bhutan on border issue is also meaningless. China should sit down with India to settle Bhutan's border. Interesting relationship, isn't it? :)

Did you read what others posted ahead of you? India is responsible for Bhutan's security. Bhutan as a country doesnt have much of a standing army. Its like a NATO agreement. War against Bhutan is war against India.

And when Bhutan and China reach an agreement on border, Bhutan will update us on Border status then. Even now we had to poke in only after being requested by Bhutan to do so against "Chinese Bullying". Simple as that.

I do say with Chinese modernisation, Chinese are poking everywhere. There had been uneasy status quo on some places before, even before border question. There were no forward policy from PLA. But from SCS to Tibet to Bhutan its repeating, which isnt good for regional peace. There wont be wars, definitely. India China border troops are more cordial and friendly than what the media wants us to believe. They dont carry guns during patrol as a CBM, if you might not have known.

And when Bhutan and China reach an agreement on border, Bhutan will update us on Border status then.
It is impossible to have such an agreement without a nod from India. As you said, India is responsible for Bhutan's security and border issue is in every bit a security issue.

It is impossible to have such an agreement without a nod from India. As you said, India is responsible for Bhutan's security and border issue is in every bit a security issue.

First you guys reach an consensus. Then let's see if India agrees.

Back
Top Bottom