What's new

Indian animation industry will grow to $1.7 billion by 2012

Indian animation industry will grow to $1.7 billion by 2012

NEW DELHI: The Indian animation industry will grow at a compounded annual rate of 30 per cent to reach a market size of $1.7 billion by 2012 and add over three lakh skilled animators, an industry lobby said Monday.

With over 1.5 lakh skilled animators, it is currently a $1 billion industry.

According to a study conducted by the Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry, the domestic animation industry will undertake all its production activities within India instead of spending its funds in US, Canada, Malaysia and the Phillippines for making advanced animated movies.

It showed India would need skilled professionals like creative animators, conceptualiser, visualiser, 3D modellers, character designer and digital effect artists to handle multimedia softwares like 3D studio Max, Maya and Tictactoon.

The study urged the government to help the industry by giving them adequate funding, guidance on manpower development and recognition of the animation courses.

According to Assocham, the industry in foreign countries are growing at a high rate because of the special policies and initiaves of the governments.

By recognizing animation courses, students and youths will conveniently get the bank loans which is missing at present, it added.

Assocham also suggested to the government that the corporates that intend to set up the suggested parks should be given a minimum of 10 years tax holidays with concessional rates for land allocations equipped with advanced technology to remove the competitive threats from the other countries.

However, the chamber expressed concerns that the growth might be restricted due to the shortage of manpower and specialized training institutes, lack of government funding, hi-tech studios and tax incentives.

Indian animation industry will grow to $1.7 billion by 2012 - The Economic Times

Title of the article is misleading....it says The Indian animation industry will grow at a compounded annual rate of 30 per cent to reach a market size of $1.7 billion by 2012..... Bhai..2014 aa gaya...hai ab......abhi tak to ye cross ho gaya hoga.....:D:D:tup:

Title of the article is misleading....it says The Indian animation industry will grow at a compounded annual rate of 30 per cent to reach a market size of $1.7 billion by 2012..... Bhai..2014 aa gaya...hai ab......abhi tak to ye cross ho gaya hoga.....:D:D:tup:
not misleading....the article was posted in 2010......the srilankan troll opened it and with fake figures tried to prove that we havent achieved it so far....

the thing is we have achieved it
now our industry is pegged at 1.8 billion $ and will touch 2.9 billion $ in 2015

not misleading....the article was posted in 2010......the srilankan troll opened it and with fake figures tried to prove that we havent achieved it so far....

the thing is we have achieved it
now our industry is pegged at 1.8 billion $ and will touch 2.9 billion $ in 2015
not again......was it @airpower183 ....I know he is a troll...but why is he digging up the old graves....:crazy::crazy::crazy:

Do u know "Puss in boots" whole movie was done in Dreamworks Bangalore,,This is just 1 of the few movies .
The whole team is Indian .(Except the Directors).
Puss_in_Boots_poster.jpg

Quality depends on Money !

Some movies done in India,,& i have my hands on some ,,,

282px-PLANES_FILM_VertPoster_550_11.jpg

11_DSN_44632_DsnyFairies.jpg

Both above projects done in PRANA (Mumbai)

Beware-the-Batman-Teaser-Trailer.jpg

BEWARE THE BATMAN 3D,
This is a Warner Bros work ,,we worked on this ,,1 of the best Projects i worked & working with WB was awesome.
Project was done in Xentrix ,Bangalore

By the way ,,How many of them knw,,,DREAM WORKS is owned by Reliance ,,:pleasantry:

Beware-the-Batman-Teaser-Trailer.jpg

BEWARE THE BATMAN 3D,
This is a Warner Bros work ,,we worked on this ,,1 of the best Projects i worked & working with WB was awesome.
Project was done in Xentrix ,Bangalore

By the way ,,How many of them knw,,,DREAM WORKS is owned by Reliance ,,:pleasantry:

Zero.

Its 50% owned by reliance. :lol:

show me link which say dreamworks is owned by reliance.

And do realize Reliance isn't owned by Indians.

Its partly owned by UK.

Zero.

Its partly owned by UK.

I knw 50% is owned by Reliance,,& 50% is owned Only by Reliance, ,,, & i guess u missed the projects we worked on ,,Seems like due to Jealousy u ignored it...:woot:

Zero.

Its partly owned by UK.

Oh kindly enlighten us how much share own by UK in Reliance.

Oh kindly enlighten us how much share own by UK in Reliance.
actually,,The comapany in UK is 1 of the subsidiary of reliance,,kinda owned by Reliance in UK,,Didnt explain him,,coz no point in explaining a jerk !
Basically its also a Reliance entity.

Your point being ?......

Read the fucking article dingbat.....
And you mind your fucking business **** wart, just because some Indians douche made some contributions to a movie doesnt entitle you to brand the entire movie, stop claiming that all good things are made in India, Oh I forgot you cant help it, because you foggots believe that you are the master race with ethnic ties from Japan to Mexico.....:lol:
Try and pretend to be civilized next time you quote me....

Back
Top Bottom