What's new

Indian-American wins Scripps National Spelling Bee 2013

There arent a billion Indians in US, Indian population in US is like 2-3 million i think

So you see, I am not good at English too, even I go to US, can't belive Chinese can win Indian on English, just as Indian will never win Singaporeans on Chinese, English is not Chinese homelanguage

So you see, I am not good at English too, even I go to US, can't belive Chinese can win Indian on English, just as Indian will never win Singaporeans on Chinese, English is not Chinese homelanguage

WRONG!
English is mother language of Chinese Americans!!

As I said it's not true ..... Chinese can do good in English.

Beijing girl advances in US bee- China.org.cn

001fd04cf34a13127fbb52.jpg

WRONG!
English is mother language of Chinese Americans!!

May be the mother language of US burned Chinese, not direct immigration, US burned Chinese still not a large number

As I said it's not true ..... Chinese can do good in English.

Beijing girl advances in US bee- China.org.cn

001fd04cf34a13127fbb52.jpg
One words "Mass base", many many people do one item, then you are strong at the item, just as cricket for India, Table tennis, badminton for China, Basketball and track and field for US, drink win for Russia。。。。。

Indian Americans are dominating spelling bee compositions from past half a decade or so .

Teacher in US : What is your Name
Indian American Kid : Singanlluru Puttaswamayya Mutthuraju

Teacher in US: Where are you from
Indian American Kid: Venkatanarasimharajuvaripeta , Andhra Pradesh , India

Teacher in U.S. : Send this kid to Spelling bee .

If you had a name like Pilavullakandi Thekkeparambil Usha rather then John or Sam , you would automatically be a good speller too. :raise: :smart:

2008 Sameer Mishra
2009 Kavya Shivashankar
2010 Anamika Veeramani
2011 ukanya Roy
2012 Snigdha Nandipati
2013 Arvind Mahankali

this is the sixth time in a row . its becoming embarrassing now:)

I mean no one seem to be able to beat us:)

one more

Sathwik Karnik from Massachusetts Wins 2013 National Geographic Bee And $25,000 College Scholarship

BEE-FINAL-PHOTO1-599x400.jpg

WASHINGTON (May 22, 2013)—Sathwik Karnik of Massachusetts, a 12-year-old seventh-grader at King Philip Regional Middle School in Norfolk, southwest of Boston, took top honors at the 25th annual National Geographic Bee held at The National Theatre in Washington, D.C., today. He won a $25,000 college scholarship, lifetime membership in the National Geographic Society and a trip for two to the Galápagos on an expedition aboard the Lindblad ship National Geographic Endeavour.

Second-place winner and recipient of a $15,000 college scholarship was Illinois’ Conrad Oberhaus, a 13-year-old seventh-grader at Daniel Wright Junior High School in Lincolnshire, a suburb of Chicago. Third place and a $10,000 college scholarship went to Georgia’s Sanjeev Uppaluri, an 11-year-old fifth-grader at Fulton Sunshine Academy in Roswell, a suburb of Atlanta. Fourth place and $1,000 went to Virginia’s Akhil Rekulapelli, a 12-year-old seventh-grader at Stone Hill Middle School in Ashburn.

The winning question was: “Because Earth bulges at the Equator, the point that is farthest from Earth’s center is the summit of a peak in Ecuador. Name this peak.” Answer: Chimborazo.

Fifty-four state and territory winners took part in the preliminary rounds of the 2013 National Geographic Bee on Monday, May 20. The top 10 finishers in the preliminary rounds met in today’s final round, which was moderated by “Jeopardy!” host Alex Trebek. The six other finalists, who each won $500, were Tuvya Bergson-Michelson of California, Pranit Nanda of Colorado, Neha Middela of Michigan, Neelam Sandhu of New Hampshire, Harish Palani of Oregon and Asha Jain of Wisconsin.

National Geographic Channel and Nat Geo WILD will air the final round at 7 p.m. on Thursday, May 23. It will be aired later on public television stations; check local television listings for dates and times.

The three-person team that will represent the United States at the National Geographic World Championship in St. Petersburg, Russia, from July 28-31, 2013, will be selected from this year’s and last year’s top 10 Bee finalists.

Nearly 4 million students took part in the 2013 National Geographic Bee, which was sponsored for the fifth year by Google.

This is the third year in a row that a member of the Karnik family has placed in the top 10 of the National Geographic Bee. Sathwik’s brother, Karthik, took fifth place at the 2011 Bee and sixth place at the 2012 Bee.

After moderating the finals of the National Geographic Bee for 25 years, since its inception in 1989, Alex Trebek is stepping down. It was announced today that the new Bee moderator will be award-winning journalist, filmmaker and television host Soledad O’Brien.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom