What's new

Indian AMCA proposal

I've already told you. F-35 has S-ducts, but it can't supercruise.

You need a long airplane, where the S-duct shifts gradually to permit supercruise.

----------

No ,you only need a low drag design queen with very high dry thrust in order to achieve supercruise.Due to TWR(dry) F-35 is unable to supercruise and length of intake does'nt matter.

There are two different concepts.

1. Can you build a S-duct? Firstly, a plane as long as the French Rafale can only manage a partial S-duct. It is worth remembering that the Rafale can't supercruise. Secondly, the F-35 has S-ducts, but it also can't supercruise.

Thus, you need a plane longer than a French Rafale or at least as long as a F-35 to supercruise. You're looking at 16 meters minimum length.

2. Now, you need to build a gradual S-duct that allows supercruise. The F-22 shows that you probably need a minimum of 19 meters in length to have a S-duct that permits supercruise.

Do you understand now?
1.First of all Rafale can supercruise.If 15.7m long F-35 can have S-duct intakes then why can't 16-17m long AMCA?.
2.Lenth of intake does'nt matter.What you need is a very high dry thrust engine.If PW-119 is replace by AL-31fn then F-22 will lose supercruise capability.

This is my last response, because you guys are starting to irritate me with your thick-headedness.

Come on, radar is an electromagnetic wave and it travels at the speed of light. If I can draw a line directly to the engine, it bounces right back out at 300,000,000 meters per second. Don't they teach these basic facts in Indian high schools?
But it will follow basic laws of reflection.
s_duct.png

If you don't have a S-duct, you're not stealthy.

To build a fifth-generation fighter, you need:

1. Stealth. This means S-duct to high engine fan blades.
2. Supercruise. This means supersonic speed without using fuel-guzzling afterburners.
3. Supermaneuverability. Thrust vectoring.
4. Short-takeoff.
1.Stealth:using any methods hide GT compressors(radar blockers,serpentine intakes)
2. Supercruise. This means supersonic speed without using fuel-guzzling afterburners.
3. Supermaneuverability. Thrust vectoring.
4. Short-takeoff.

@Martian2 sorry to burst your bubble but the AMCA project has NOT been put on hold merely the GoI has the ADA to hold off on certain aspects of the project temporarily (for 12-14 months). THAT IS ALL.

As for your other assertations- let's wait for a few more details to emerge before you write anything off. To do otherwise would be beyond ignorant.

Last edited by a moderator:
----------

No ,you only need a low drag design queen with very high dry thrust in order to achieve supercruise.Due to TWR(dry) F-35 is unable to supercruise and length of intake does'nt matter.

1.First of all Rafale can supercruise.If 15.7m long F-35 can have S-duct intakes then why can't 16-17m long AMCA?.
2.Lenth of intake does'nt matter.What you need is a very high dry thrust engine.If PW-119 is replace by AL-31fn than F-22 will lose supercruise capability.

Their junks can't do jack and here he comes to troll AMCA.

For the whole hullabulloo about S-Ducts.. they are NOT the only solution to hiding the engines nor the best ones.
They are one solution to the problem, but there are many others that involve intake lip shape, coatings and so on and so forth.
As for the AMCA.. it seems to be have been hung up by its older(smaller..now bigger and fatter) brother.

Their junks can't do jack and here he comes to troll AMCA.
Even after giving official illustration he constantly passing BS remarks.

For the whole hullabulloo about S-Ducts.. they are NOT the only solution to hiding the engines nor the best ones.
They are one solution to the problem, but there are many others that involve intake lip shape, coatings and so on and so forth.
As for the AMCA.. it seems to be have been hung up by its older(smaller..now bigger and fatter) brother.
Sir,the whole hullagulla is about AMCA having S-duct intakes and supercruise capability and Even after giving ADA official illustrations he is passing non-sense remarks.
It would be better,if you close this thread.

India can't even make their own 4th generation fighter and you expect us to believe they are making 5th generation fighters?

Oh pleeease :lol:

This is my last response, because you guys are starting to irritate me with your thick-headedness.

Come on, radar is an electromagnetic wave and it travels at the speed of light. If I can draw a line directly to the engine, it bounces right back out at 300,000,000 meters per second. Don't they teach these basic facts in Indian high schools?

You are not at all irritating me by the way, you just messed up yourself. I am cherishing my moments replying to you, and please do take time to reply back to this quote which I am sure you will..

A radar works on a simple principle containing a transmitter and a receiver and to tell you something which you seem to not know of because of your brilliant education system. The radar device can only detect and calculate the object's distance if the radio waves return. Look closely at your lines, It would only send Indirect reflections(weak) reaching after multiple bounces from intake walls despite that the diagram is only half of what the original intake is as shown in post #3.

Failed design: Squished tube stops blood flow and airflow

The weird and squished airduct design won't work. What happens when you step on a garden hose? The water backs up. Similarly, when you squish the airduct, all of the air backs up and there's virtually no airflow.

Let me give you another analogy. What happens when you crush an artery (in an accident)? The blood can't flow through it. This problem also happens when someone has clogged arteries. Similarly, under the principles of fluid dynamics, air cannot flow at fast speeds or supersonically through a squished airduct.

You will never achieve supercruise with a squished airduct.

It is not squished air-intake.. The very purpose of the term "Air Intake" is lost if it is closed, and I wonder how did you even come up with something like this? Even though I am not as highly brilliant as you are, wouldn't a squashed air increase the energy potential when forced into the combustion chamber?

He is trying to spam the forum with his crap.

And surprisingly MODs are being generous to a false flagger.

I have been following your posts from long time. I don't always agree with your opinion but I do appreciate you comments. I was going to thank you in "that" thread but it gone wild that day. So couldn't. Thanks for all infos. :tup:

For the whole hullabulloo about S-Ducts.. they are NOT the only solution to hiding the engines nor the best ones...

The more important question though is, why the Mods keep allowing this obvious troll to remain on the forum, although not even a single of his posts has any use? He constantly is posting completely nonsens threads to fuel the blame game! The specs are all wrong, the claims childish, the logic very faulty, not to mention that he was banned some times too right?

Promoting members to make the forum better is the one side, getting rid of such trolls, should be the other side and without special treatment for certain people or origins!

FORUM RULES AND REGULATIONS

TROLLING
Trolling is the word used to describe a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting the members of the forum community. Posts of this nature are disruptive and do not convey a friendly attitude.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/forum-book/92653-forum-rules-regulations.html#ixzz2RlPjpiCp

The more important question though is, why the Mods keep allowing this obvious troll to remain on the forum, although not even a single of his posts has any use? He constantly is posting completely nonsens threads to fuel the blame game! The specs are all wrong, the claims childish, the logic very faulty, not to mention that he was banned some times too right?

Promoting members to make the forum better is the one side, getting rid of such trolls, should be the other side and without special treatment for certain people or origins!

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/forum-book/92653-forum-rules-regulations.html#ixzz2RlPjpiCp

This is not confined to a single member.. there are others too who only have loghorrea as their post technique
However, loghorrea does not constitute trolling..and trolling is punished where it is seen.

This is not confined to a single member.. there are others too who only have loghorrea as their post technique
However, loghorrea does not constitute trolling..and trolling is punished where it is seen.

Of course it's not on a single member, but this member has a history of posting similar threads here and creating blame games isn't it? So apart from closing this silly thread right from the start, why even bother with him all the time and why ban 10 people at the end, when you can ban only the cause of the problem?

And the obvious flase flagging? Don't tell me you guys believe that he is an American :lol:

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom