What's new

Indian Air Force Stations.

That is quite a clever idea.

Omidiyeh Air Base also has pretty neat configuration.

A thing to note here is the apparent liking of iranian AF of having two shelters together.

BTW, OScar what are those sandy figures on north-east of Jacobabad AFB?

US airbases have their shelters on the tarmac/ flight line mostly (eglin AFB), not in a different area as with PAF/IAF. Maybe it's because of the threat level.

That is quite a clever idea.

Omidiyeh Air Base also has pretty neat configuration.

A thing to note here is the apparent liking of iranian AF of having two shelters together.

BTW, OScar what are those sandy figures on north-east of Jacobabad AFB?

A line of HAS with paired single-sided taxiway entrances. With Mud Berms across the HAS faces.

A line of HAS with paired single-sided taxiway entrances. With Mud Berms across the HAS faces.

That's what i thought as well, but their distance from the runway and the other shelters had me doubting.

New generation of US aircraft shelters at Al Udeid, a faceted design that reduces the visual and radar signature of the aircraft shelter. Interior dimensions are approximatley 1.7 acres or 76,000 square feet. Depending on parking arangements and type of aircraft, the shelter can house between 20 and 40 aircraft

al-udeid_dg-10.jpg

I counted 32 KC-135's at this airbase, along with a few B-1 lancers and P-3 orions.

Seems like a major base supporting the mission in Afghanistan from Qatar.

These shelters at Al Dhafra are also pretty intriguing. Al Dhafra is the facility housing the F-22's in UAE.

sg-1.png

Seem like HAS.

Also note that the HAS to the west of these in the picture (google earth), look strikingly similar to the HAS at Jacobabad.

I counted 32 KC-135's at this airbase, along with a few B-1 lancers and P-3 orions.

Seems like a major base supporting the mission in Afghanistan from Qatar.

These shelters at Al Dhafra are also pretty intriguing. Al Dhafra is the facility housing the F-22's in UAE.

sg-1.png

Seem like HAS.

Also note that the HAS to the west of these in the picture (google earth), look strikingly similar to the HAS at Jacobabad.

And if you can spot it.. Climate controlled ones...so that the F-22's stealth coating suffers the least damage possible.
there is a problem with the arrangement at Jacobabad.. there is still only one path to the runway, and if that is taken out..the aircraft have a really long walk over less developed pathways.

New generation of US aircraft shelters at Al Udeid, a faceted design that reduces the visual and radar signature of the aircraft shelter. Interior dimensions are approximatley 1.7 acres or 76,000 square feet. Depending on parking arangements and type of aircraft, the shelter can house between 20 and 40 aircraft

al-udeid_dg-10.jpg

Damn!! Americans are always 2 steps ahead from rest of the world!

And if you can spot it.. Climate controlled ones...so that the F-22's stealth coating suffers the least damage possible.
there is a problem with the arrangement at Jacobabad.. there is still only one path to the runway, and if that is taken out..the aircraft have a really long walk over less developed pathways.

I am pretty sure i saw a centrally A/C-ed building in Jacobabad in a picture. Not sure if that was a hangar or some admin building.
The thing to note with these shelters is that their paths do not converge at point later on, they keep on going separately until they reach parallel taxiway or the runway it self.

The shelters at jacobabad are also very secluded, dont know why.

Well it is already a long walk, the shortest distance from one end of the runway to the last HAS is approximately 2.1 km. (if i did the measurement correctly)

Part of Shahbaz Air Base's Air Conditioned infrastructure.

SE98XAa2BaF_09_project_02_large.jpg

Yup, that's a hangar. Maintenance most Probably, look at the door.

Looking at the Saudi airbases, and they look really mazy and well made. The shelters and HAS have a very very peculiar design.

dhahran.png

These shelters are Dhahran base are very well protected.

This seems to be the standard Saudi design

fgff.png

Notice that the Saudis have one full embankment on one side, and then three more on the other side, with two pathways going between them. like this.

dhahran-1.png

Now the ones at Tabuk.

tabuk.png

This is the base at Taif. Absolutely huge.

dhahran-2.png

When you have money, then why not!!!:lol:

With proper landscaping, even the basics can prove effective, these are at Xiangshui Hsu Air Base China.

Xiangshui-Hsu-AB-HAS-1S.jpg

Looking at the Saudi airbases, and they look really mazy and well made. The shelters and HAS have a very very peculiar design.

dhahran.png

These shelters are Dhahran base are very well protected.

This seems to be the standard Saudi design

fgff.png

Notice that the Saudis have one full embankment on one side, and then three more on the other side, with two pathways going between them. like this.

dhahran-1.png

Now the ones at Tabuk.

tabuk.png

This is the base at Taif. Absolutely huge.

dhahran-2.png

When you have money, then why not!!!:lol:

Now, you're saying it. :)
But really snazzy-looking nevertheless, all those patterns.

Now, you're saying it. :)
But really snazzy-looking nevertheless, all those patterns.

The last one looks like a maze!!!

The left-most shelter has 7 possible exits i could count.

Back
Top Bottom