What's new

Indian Air Force News & Discussions

I am pretty sure they will approve it. US wants India be a important Partner/Ally in the Region to counter the Chinese. Trump will try hard to sell these babies to the Indians.
but they are willing to buy more expensive jet than RAFALE, main question is this???

but they are willing to buy more expensive jet than RAFALE, main question is this???
If Indians doesn’t buy US Defense Tech it will Effect Indo-US Relations. Boeing must have lobbied hard with trump to promote the F-15 to the Indians. If Indians doesn’t pick any of the US Fighters in the competition this will anger trump.

If Indians doesn’t buy US Defense Tech it will Effect Indo-US Relations. Boeing must have lobbied hard with trump to promote the F-15 to the Indians. If Indians doesn’t pick any of the US Fighters in the competition this will anger trump.
I think I might anger some , it doesn't matter what we have or buy when we don't take the right decisions at the right time and use it at the right moment we need lot of coordination within. I mean we have a choice either to say no and face what ever come after it or yes and deal with it .

I think I might anger some , it doesn't matter what we have or buy when we don't take the right decisions at the right time and use it at the right moment we need lot of coordination within. I mean we have a choice either to say no and face what ever come after it or yes and deal with it .
I wonder what modi will ultimately choose to do. Would he pick the US Fighter or kick it aside for something else.

I wonder what modi will ultimately choose to do. Would he pick the US Fighter or kick it aside for something else.
Why not buy more Boeing P8is whose order was cut to 6 from 10. We need to buy what we want and need.

Why not buy more Boeing P8is whose order was cut to 6 from 10. We need to buy what we want and need.
The fighter Competition is still going on right now I believe, so I don’t think India will choose to buy P-8 right now. It will just be most likely just fighter jets for now.

The fighter Competition is still going on right now I believe, so I don’t think India will choose to buy P-8 right now. It will just be most likely just fighter jets for now.
Thats what instead of Boeing's fighter jets , we should buy more P8is....

First officially released image of the Knirti SAP 518 Jamming Pods on the Su-30 MKI:
FQur8Kr.jpg

In service for a while and a handful of images have made it to the internet, old ones that I remember are here:
r9uGVXF.jpg

3ZqnG0i.jpg

Some background on the system:
Active jamming individual protection station SAP-518 was designed by Kaluga Research Radio-Technical Institute. It protects the aircraft from strikes by modern and prospective surface-to-air and air-to-air missiles. The station is specifically effective against missiles with active radar self-targeting systems. It also jams aircraft radars and ground and seaborne air defense.

The latest electronic achievements are used in SAP-518, including powerful broadband active antenna arrays. The station is mounted in two suspended containers on the wingtips. One container carries the receiver to determine emission frequency. The second one holds digital radio frequency memory with a jamming transmitter.

SAP-518 selects the most dangerous targets and produces effective programs to suppress them. The device uses the so-called digital frequency memory technology. Multichannel memory devices can receive and store hundreds of radio signals. The system can thus generate dummy targets which are difficult to distinguish from the real ones. The signals are actually radio portraits of various targets. The system actually misinforms the adversary and it has to spend a major resource to track dummy targets which decreases the aiming efficiency

Air Chief Marshal Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria at AFS Srinagar, home of the "Sword Arms", flying front seat on the MiG21 UM joined in the back by the CO of the 51 Sqn, Group Captain Kamran Nazeer.
Very rare honour for the 51 Sqn.
Also seen are Mirage 2000(unupgraded) and Su30.MiG29 UPG were also part of the mission.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom