What's new

Indian Air Force News & Discussions

@Knuckles @Bilal Khan 777

2e5ia86.jpg

Is this from Aero India? It is an iteration of DARIN III?

The upgrade program looks promising, but i wonder if the Jags have airframe life left for such an ambitious upgrade. On the same coin, will this ever be fully realized or implemented?

There are 118 Jaguars out of which 80 Jaguars have a lot of life left. Among those 37 were inducted in the 2000s and will see service well into the 2040s. The other 80 will receive new engines and form 4 squadrons while ~38 of the oldest Jaguars will be phased out starting in 2028. The last 4 squadrons will be phased out starting from 2035, so there's plenty of flying time to look forward to.

DARIN I Jaguars will receive the ongoing DARIN III upgrade. DARIN II Jaguars can receive the Jaguar Max upgrades. It's up to the IAF whether they want DARIN III upgrades on the DARIN IIs or whether they opt for Max or a combination of the two. But the external stores will be common among multiple aircraft, so inducting those won't be a problem. The number of aircraft available along with 2 decades more of service makes it viable.

There's also the unmanned wingman program.
https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/ind...gman-drone-could-redefine-air-warfare-1996251

IAF's decoy for Su-30 observed at Sirsa AFS in 19/10/2018 GE imagery. Likely that IAF has produced hundreds of such kind of decoys of all combat aircrafts for diversion, in case of aerial attacks against its airbases. This is nothing new or unprecedented, its just an observation.

decoy.PNG

IAF's decoy for Su-30 observed at Sirsa AFS in 19/10/2018 GE imagery. Likely that IAF has produced hundreds of such kind of decoys of all combat aircrafts for diversion, in case of aerial attacks against its airbases. This is nothing new or unprecedented, its just an observation.

View attachment 550760

That's a poorly made decoy..

was the Antonov An-70 ever offered to the IAF, or negative. I am quite interested in the IAF and their procurements.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom