What's new

Indian Air Force News & Discussions

I highly doubt f-18 to perform full-load STOBAR take-offs without compensation in MTOW where as RAFALEs can do it better efficiency. But the problem arises that RAFALE don't have folding wings to fit in ACC's lift.

But this is only the flyaway price tag with no further support. We should opt for RAFALEs than

LCA for personal transport?
It's a height of sarcasm. LoL

The cost of LCA mk1 is ₹162cr ($25 Million) whereas Mk1A costs $31.02millions whereas a GRIPEN-E will cost around $71 million

All FGFA (twin engine improved variant of PAK-FA or Su-57) will be manufactured at HAL's Nasik plant.

While you are checking out tail numbers for counting jets.

The flyaway price tag is unknown as IAF list of requirements is not in public domain.
Rafale is separate and unrelated.

Tejas Mk1 costs 200 crores around 5 years as per DRDO boss Avinash Chander.

FGFA which is Indian MKI version of Pak-fa has the potential to be assembled in India after the first 1-3 squadrons are delivered by Russia either in FGFA config or Pakfa confit.

You will find atleast 100 unique tail numbers for Mig 23

More than 100 anyways I don't have the exact numbers with me

The flyaway price tag is unknown as IAF list of requirements is not in public domain.
Rafale is separate and unrelated.
Who said?
Tejas Mk1 costs 200 crores around 5 years as per DRDO boss Avinash Chander.
http://wap.business-standard.com/ar...s-fighter-at-rs-162-crore-114011100829_1.html
FGFA which is Indian MKI version of Pak-fa has the potential to be assembled in India after the first 1-3 squadrons are delivered by Russia either in FGFA config or Pakfa confit.
Dude, technically we are not buying FGFA , we're Jointly developing it.
Hop you understand the difference.
You will find atleast 100 unique tail numbers for Mig 23
Want to see 1 example
More than 100 anyways I don't have the exact numbers with me
Less than 15 jets are still able to being airborne.

I highly doubt f-18 to perform full-load STOBAR take-offs without compensation in MTOW where as RAFALEs can do it better efficiency. But the problem arises that RAFALE don't have folding wings to fit in ACC's lift.

I don't think Rafale has ever performed a STOBAR take off, either. So if the IAF plans for either of those two, it might have to build that next carrier as a CATOBAR, which is why I was asking how serious are they thinking of doing that.

I don't think Rafale has ever performed a STOBAR take off, either. So if the IAF plans for either of those two, it might have to build that next carrier as a CATOBAR, which is why I was asking how serious are they thinking of doing that.
Navy is going to call all contenders to show their Capability, it will clear your all doubts.
Recently, Navy spokesperson mentioned that they are not planning for another ACC in another 15 years.
Whenever they decide for their next ACC , it will be a 65Tonn class CATOBAR capable Carrier.
But N-AMCA will be there to fulfill IAC-2 needs (most probably)

Last edited:
Navy is going to call all contenders to show their Capability, it will clear your all doubts.
Recently, Navy spokesperson mentioned that they are not planning for another ACC in another 15 years.
Whenever they decide for their next ACC , it will be a 65Tonn class CATOBAR capable Carrier.
But N-AMCA will be there to fulfill IAC-2 needs (most probably)

Rafale seems to make the most sense. I was surprised to read the initial interest in F-16, never mind F-18 for the Navy and a shift to American fighters. If the IAF has already committed to the Rafale, a complementary naval version would make the most sense. But that's now. Who knows how things can shift in 15 years.

Who said?

http://wap.business-standard.com/ar...s-fighter-at-rs-162-crore-114011100829_1.html

Dude, technically we are not buying FGFA , we're Jointly developing it.
Hop you understand the difference.

Want to see 1 example

Less than 15 jets are still able to being airborne.

Rafale is for the Medium range

F-16/Gripen are for Light range. They will be called the LCA.

http://www.news18.com/blogs/india/s...rdo-avinash-chander-part-ii-10879-748576.html

200 cr + per Tejas 3 years back given annual escalation of 10-15% + further INR devaluation.
Estimated at $40-55 million per Tejas

Marginally cheaper than F-16/Gripen but with less than 1% of the capability.

Apart from reluctantly giving money India has nothing to do joint development.

Any proof less than 15 Mig 23's are airborne?

You are saying they have 10-15% availability as IAF has between 100-150 in active front line service ?

Rafale is for the Medium range

F-16/Gripen are for Light range. They will be called the LCA.

http://www.news18.com/blogs/india/s...rdo-avinash-chander-part-ii-10879-748576.html

200 cr + per Tejas 3 years back given annual escalation of 10-15% + further INR devaluation.
Estimated at $40-55 million per Tejas

Marginally cheaper than F-16/Gripen but with less than 1% of the capability.

Apart from reluctantly giving money India has nothing to do joint development.

Any proof less than 15 Mig 23's are airborne?

You are saying they have 10-15% availability as IAF has between 100-150 in active front line service ?
I already posted all information with credible sources.
Stop trolling and if you genuinely want any information than please go back to previous posts.

Rafale seems to make the most sense. I was surprised to read the initial interest in F-16, never mind F-18 for the Navy and a shift to American fighters. If the IAF has already committed to the Rafale, a complementary naval version would make the most sense. But that's now. Who knows how things can shift in 15 years.
Hope you heard about the news that the SE jet deal was shifted to 2019. And LCA is the actual reason behind it.
Govt detected developed to integrate all available Indigenous technologies on Mk1A. You'll get a good news of further Indigenisation by late 2018 or early 2019.

And for Navy, MoD ask Navy to Fastrack the procurement process of 57 MRCBF.
For further 15 years things will be shifted in favour of Indigenous jets for sure.

I already posted all information with credible sources.
Stop trolling and if you genuinely want any information than please go back to previous posts.

Hope you heard about the news that the SE jet deal was shifted to 2019. And LCA is the actual reason behind it.
Govt detected developed to integrate all available Indigenous technologies on Mk1A. You'll get a good news of further Indigenisation by late 2018 or early 2019.

And for Navy, MoD ask Navy to Fastrack the procurement process of 57 MRCBF.
For further 15 years things will be shifted in favour of Indigenous jets for sure.

You have been grossly humiliated and proven wrong on all counts.

Anything else ?

Already proven wrong.

Morons with jaundiced vision on payroll of HAL can keep barking
Maintain the decorum and don't use abusive language.
Behave like a human and don't use your favourite language here.

Barking? Huh
Pathetic....

19985527_414788678918515_8975080217991184384_n.jpg

naval-version-of-lca-tejas.jpg

19985574_1746477852317305_1951502937368821760_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom