What's new

Indian Air Force News & Discussions

I know it has no relation with LCA.
But 2 squadron of LCA can replace the mig 27, improving aircraft availability and safety.
Again, there are no Mig 27s to replace, we already ordered 2 more MKI squadrons, only the Mig 21s needs replacements and to do that, we need to finish the development of LCA, not find excuses or gaps in certain areas where we could use it. That's why wasting time on hoping for increased MK1 orders, totally unrealistic exports and even the N-LCA MK2 development are just distractions. We need to focus on getting it done according to the development goals, nothing more but also nothing less!

Both mig27 and jaguar need engine replacement, but only jaguar seems likely, provided government goes for it.

Only the Jag needs an engine replacement, because it's service life is far away from being over (last produced Jags should remain till 2038 / 30 years). The Mig 27 doesn't need an engine upgrade since their life is over, we only got a porposal to add the AL 31, which however was too costly for the limited time.

10887636_10152774531803138_1784257392766915009_o.jpg

IAF is also waiting for the first flight of the Rustom 2 medium altitude long endurance (MALE) UAV that the Aeronautical Development Establishment (ADE) has promised will take place this year. While the February deadline is likely to be missed, it could happen any time after June. The ADE and NAL are also expected to announce progress on their respective mini and micro drone programmes, including possible contracts with police services and agencies under the Ministry of Home Affairs that have evinced interest in tactical systems.
DRDO s new wheeled UAV to star at Aero India - SP's Land Forces

Underground bunker protected by Akash! :woot:

But seriously i hope we are protecting these strategic assets well, they don't come cheap at over $530million a pop! :o:

where is 3rd one

At Gwalior one IAF personnel told me (this is sometime in 2012) that the three AWACS are paying a visit to all AFBs and IAF was doing some kind of integration work with fighters based at that base. Now i'm not sure if there are some fighters based at Nagpur (where this pic is taken), more likely they are there for some maintenance. their home base is Kheria AFB Agra though.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom