What's new

Indian Air Force News & Discussions

From the same article's Concluding para "Should the indigenous helicopter design and production capability be untethered from HAL and opened to private enterprise, there would be two advantages.Firstly, the delays and inefficiencies would disappear and secondly, the cost of leading edge technologies and products would reduce not just because of indigenous production, but also because of the possibility of export and economy of scale. "

Written by Gp Capt AK Sachdev(Retired), Senior Vice President, Safety & Quality, Sheorey Digital Systems.

Question : How? Magic bean?

Isn't pipavav, L&T, both privately owned, how is their delays explained?

You wanted some data on the production rate or delay and if penality was applied, it speaks volumes. If I remember correctly the naval Dhruv order was made years ago too, but the first squardon could be raised only recently.
They meant that opening the helicopter market to competition from privat companies, that it would also force HAL to put more effort to the production, or the R&D of new developments. So the key is competition, not just privatizing!

You wanted some data on the production rate or delay and if penality was applied, it speaks volumes. If I remember correctly the naval Dhruv order was made years ago too, but the first squardon could be raised only recently.
They meant that opening the helicopter market to competition from privat companies, that it would also force HAL to put more effort to the production, or the R&D of new developments. So the key is competition, not just privatizing!

Augusta westland, Boeing- all privately owned.
What is stopping private companies from innovating? Raise money, produce whatever they think will sell...

BktjOXkCAAARxqB.jpg:large

For all politicians who want 2play 1religion against another, pl take lesson frm YOUR armed forces. IAF camp in Sudan

Augusta westland, Boeing- all privately owned.

And they don't have the luxury of a monopoly in their countries, like HAL had and still has in the helicopter (or trainer) market in India. They have to face competition at global level and must offer better performance in return! When we get HAL into the competitions as well, it will increase their performance too. One reason why I hope that HAL will fix the issues of naval Dhruv and offer it in competition to the foreign naval LUHs to IN. As said earlier, there is no better chance to prove their worth than this competition and not any new development that they aim on!

And they don't have the luxury of a monopoly in their countries, like HAL had and still has in the helicopter (or trainer) market in India. They have to face competition at global level and must offer better performance in return! When we get HAL into the competitions as well, it will increase their performance too. One reason why I hope that HAL will fix the issues of naval Dhruv and offer it in competition to the foreign naval LUHs to IN. As said earlier, there is no better chance to prove their worth than this competition and not any new development that they aim on!
I agree!

How come this MKI don't have IAF grey cammo but has IAF Markings?

It's not an MKI (no canards), but one of the older Su 30MKs.

Check this:
BR.com/IAF/Images/Current/Fighters/Su30K/Su-30x.jpg.html

A question to the well informed of IAF.

In some of the air forces, ranks and names of pilots are stencilled / painted on the port or starboard side of the cockpit windows. This is seen very much in Western air forces (or even army / naval aviation). What keeps IAF from mentioning the rank/names of their pilots of the planes?

A well informed discussion would be appreciated.

A question to the well informed of IAF.
In some of the air forces, ranks and names of pilots are stencilled / painted on the port or starboard side of the cockpit windows. This is seen very much in Western air forces (or even army / naval aviation). What keeps IAF from mentioning the rank/names of their pilots of the planes?
A well informed discussion would be appreciated.

I'm not very informed on the said matter but here's something I do Know 1 pilot isn't exclusively flying a jet the IAF requires many times more no. of pilots than the crew requirement for 1 mission.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom