What's new

Indian Air Force News & Discussions

Guys check out my vid on the IAF, it's my first vid so tell me what you think!

2nd try

Nice work buddy, although the order numbers are exaggerated. :)
Can you post the MKI pic from 1:07 please and the tanker at 1:38 is an A310MRTT, not an A330. You should also add HALs LUH and AURA UCAV or did I missed them?

Last edited by a moderator:
2nd try

Nice work buddy, although the order numbers are exaggerated. :)
Can you post the MKI pic from 1:07 please and the tanker at 1:38 is an A310MRTT, not an A330. You should also add HALs LUH and AURA UCAV or did I missed them?
Thanks for the input. I was going for the fleet in 2015 and I don't see the HAL LOH or AURA UCAV in service by 2015.

Wrt numbers- I have added some speculation but the numbers are entirely plausible and naturally the full compliments won't be in service by 2015 but intial deliveries will be made-that is why I added the "(on order)" provision.

Mr Sancho:

SU-30MKI.jpg

"Procurement of additional Su-30 is under progress. Our total numbers are going to be in excess of 270 Su-30s."

can anyone clarify that, are we going for another 40-50 su 30mki's?? maybe more super sukhois :devil:

That's speculated by the source, but not very logical when you take the production timelines to account. The 42 additional MKIs that are ordered, will be available only by 2017, at least 2 years after Rafale production has started and around 2 years before FGFA will be inducted. Why would there be a need for more MKIs with less future potential then these fighters? If at all, the numbers of Rafales or later FGFA will be increased.

That's speculated by the source, but not very logical when you take the production timelines to account. The 42 additional MKIs that are ordered, will be available only by 2017, at least 2 years after Rafale production has started and around 2 years before FGFA will be inducted. Why would there be a need for more MKIs with less future potential then these fighters? If at all, the numbers of Rafales or later FGFA will be increased.

Yes sancho, i know both Rafale & FGFA will be much better than the super sukhois but important thing we are forgetting here is that IAF is short on nos. & is racing against time to increase the squadron strength to 45+ to fight a so called "two-front war". When Rafale production will be started by HAL we will be making only 6-10 fighters per year & it will take some years when our production rate reaches 20+/year mark & for the FGFA, our defence minister himself has said that the first planes will be inducted into the IAF only in 2022 + we cannot say anything for sure about the LCA & the nos. the IAF will finally induct. This capability gap can force IAF to increase the no. of it's most trusted aircraft to 300+ maybe around 320 or so, this seems quite possible/logical because our production of su-30mki's have matured & now we can produce a squadron strength of sukhois in a year.

Yes sancho, i know both Rafale & FGFA will be much better than the super sukhois but important thing we are forgetting here is that IAF is short on nos. & is racing against time to increase the squadron strength to 45+ to fight a so called "two-front war". When Rafale production will be started by HAL we will be making only 6-10 fighters per year & it will take some years when our production rate reaches 20+/year mark & for the FGFA, our defence minister himself has said that the first planes will be inducted into the IAF only in 2022 + we cannot say anything for sure about the LCA & the nos. the IAF will finally induct. This capability gap can force IAF to increase the no. of it's most trusted aircraft to 300+ maybe around 320 or so, this seems quite possible/logical because our production of su-30mki's have matured & now we can produce a squadron strength of sukhois in a year.

Again, if higher numbers would be needed in a short term procurement, we could order them directly from France as well, just like we ordered more MKIs from Russia in the early years. I am saying for a long time that 1 x sqaudron directly from France is a silly move after such a long delay of the competition. Increase the order and get 2 or even 3 x squads directly from Dassault, that easily can increase their production. We could have these + at least 1 x squad build at HAL before the at the same time when the 42 x additional MKIs would be available. So neither in terms of adding capability or numbers, more MKIs than the 42 would be a wise choice.

I think to solve this we should produce LCA mk2 in 25-35 per year after its intro (2017) to make it around 200 in 2023.it is the only way,ordering one or two squadron directly will not solve the problem in numbers.also,considering the cost of making in france
Also,128 rafales contract will be finished in 2023.

Guys I'm considering making another YT vid on Indian forces anyone have any requests about content of the vid? and or music? Please try to consider just pictures, I haven't quite mastered video editing just yet-but soon!

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/milita...ilitary-picture-thread-268.html#ixzz27Jsf5ARa

Thought about making a nice picture post for quiet some time, but didn't got the time. Will send you the pics in the next days, I guess you will do something nicer with them.

Thought about making a nice picture post for quiet some time, but didn't got the time. Will send you the pics in the next days, I guess you will do something nicer with them.

Sure mate-I'd be glad to put somthing together.

+I'd credit you don't worry about that!

Guys, I've put a hold on my IAF vid as I'm still trying to find appropriate music to go with it. Any (more) suggestions are welcomed.

Back
Top Bottom