What's new

Indian Air Force News & Discussions

Mikoyan MiG-29K (Fulcrum-D ) made for India !

MiG-29K was Developed in the late 1980s by the Mikoyan design bureau from the MiG-29M.The programme was revived in the 1990s to meet an Indian requirement for a ship-borne fighter following the purchase of a former Soviet aircraft Carrier. It was first received by the Indian Navy in 2009.

The programme was revived in the 1990s to meet an Indian requirement for a ship-borne fighter following the purchase of a former Soviet aircraft Carrier. It was first received by the Indian Navy in 2009.

Improvements !

*The new engine features a 7% higher power in comparison to the baseline model due to the usage of modern materials on the cooled blades.

*It retains the length and maximum diameter while increasing afterburner thrust to 9,000 kgf and dry weight to 1,145 kg.

* It also contains systems that reduce its infrared and optical visibility.With special coatings MiG-29K radar reflecting surface is 4-5 times smaller than of basic MiG-29.

*Service life has been increased to 4,000 hours.

*large-area (42 m² vs 38 m²) folding wing, adjustable center-line air intakes with retractable screens protecting the engines during operation from ground airfields.

*reinforced landing gear, hook, corrosion- protected reinforced fuselage made specifically for deck-based aircraft.

*featuring a new multi-function radar.

*a cockpit with monochrome display and use of the HOTAS (hands-on-throttle-and-stick) principle.

*13 hardpoints (inclusive of the multi-lock bomb carriers)

* additional fuel tanks situated in dorsal spine fairing and wing LERXs, increased total fuel capacity by 50% comparing to first variant of MiG-29.

* updated 4-channel digital fly-by-wire flight control system.

*France's Sigma-95 GPS receiver and TopSight helmet-mounted targeting system the same developed for Dassault Rafale.

*Electronic Countermeasures (ECM) from Israel and the Indian Industry supplies the communications equipment.

The MiG-29Ks are beautiful jets. Some more pics of the jet taken during trials in Russia -

8d6bbd5a3ab009c645e63260ba1a3c11.jpg

5b067e39a335b86cd58fa44b5449397d.jpg

what's going to happen to the production line after remaining 110 have been delivered. The experience gained during the production.
Shall we use them to do on top R&D like many countries does after a TOT and keep producing better things. Or we just let the experiences die. Do we have some visionaries or enthusiasts who has planned something regarding this?

Little off topic but we have let excellent companies die because of lack of vision and involvement of politics. Look at C-DOT in telecom or Air india in aviation where it used to be and its reputation around the world during the initial years . Other foreign companies have come up much later than these and became market leaders. If we have gained experience in supersonic and hypersonic BrahMos, why our Nirbhay still has to be subsonic ?

Our case has been our companies do good till led by some good visionary and good organisational structure like ISRO. Else barely there is an innovation in many years.

Well i cann't say much about your offtopic part ,only hope that people learn from their past mistake and perform better.

as far as after producing 110 MKI and getting TOT ,DRDO can use these tech. in MCA..

And if you saw the AI-09 about MCA then you would know this time DRDO taking very practical and feasible steps,like :

Involving IAF from the begining.

Be practical and conentrate more on developing technologies,either inhouse,JV or TOT(LCA,PAK-FA or MMRCA)...

And then go for full developement..

what's going to happen to the production line after remaining 110 have been delivered. The experience gained during the production.
Shall we use them to do on top R&D like many countries does after a TOT and keep producing better things. Or we just let the experiences die. Do we have some visionaries or enthusiasts who has planned something regarding this?

Little off topic but we have let excellent companies die because of lack of vision and involvement of politics. Look at C-DOT in telecom or Air india in aviation where it used to be and its reputation around the world during the initial years . Other foreign companies have come up much later than these and became market leaders. If we have gained experience in supersonic and hypersonic BrahMos, why our Nirbhay still has to be subsonic ?

Our case has been our companies do good till led by some good visionary and good organisational structure like ISRO. Else barely there is an innovation in many years.

Vladimir Radyuhin

MOSCOW: The first fully indigenous Su-30MKI fighter plane will roll off Indian assembly lines in 2010, a top executive at Hindustan Aeronautics Limited said on Wednesday.

“Next year, HAL will achieve 100 per cent indigenisation of the Sukhoi aircraft — from the production of raw materials to the final plane assembly,” V. Balakrishnan, general manager, Aircraft Manufacturing Division, told The Hindu here.

A five-member HAL delegation is taking part in MAKS-2009, Russia’s international air show now under way here.

Out of the 230 Su-30MKI air superiority multirole fighters the Indian Air Force plans to induct by 2015, 140 aircraft are to be built in India. License production began in 2004, with the first planes assembled from knockdown kits supplied by Russia. The programme provided for a gradual increase in the number of parts and components produced locally.

Last year, HAL mastered the manufacture of the wing and the tail. This year, it started producing the fuselage and raw materials, Mr. Balakrishnan said. The final and most challenging phase involved the indigenous manufacture of the engine.

“We’re currently testing the locally produced engine for the Su-30MKI and are planning to launch its production in 2010.”:tup: HAL would manufacture 60 Su-30MKI fighters in the full production cycle till 2015, he said.

India also plans to sign an inter-governmental agreement (IGA) with Russia for supply of HAL-manufactured Sukhoi airframes for third countries. :woot:It is already supplying some avionics equipment for Sukhoi aircraft Russia is building for third countries.

Later this year, India and Russia would sign a design accord for a fifth generation fighter aircraft they agreed to build jointly in 2007. India would be responsible for the manufacture of composite-material parts of the airframe, avionics and software packages, Mr. Balakrishnan said.

The Russian single-seat version of the fifth generation fighter plane is expected to make its maiden flight in the coming winter. India will induct a twin-seat version.

The Hindu : National : Total indigenisation of Sukhoi next year: HAL

-------------------------------

We will always have the option to make more MKI when ever we want and can pay the cash.
as well as make airframe for export.

and the tech will always be in our hands for years to come due to the Full ToT and domestic production.

Maybe you're right, India is spending too much on toys.....

Or better yet, instead of spending the money on defence equipment, why not just spend it on Tibetian Youth Guerillas and Uighirs and start an insurgency in Tibet and Xinjiang, China.....best way to defeat your enemy is by weakening his foundation......
We probably cant match you in defence, but trust me the above we can do......

SORRY IT IS NOT A INDIAN IDEOLOGY:what: MY FRIEND

I wonder why no serious country except Pakistan seems to be interested in Chinese Technology....I mean except for 3rd world, sub-par- exploitable African nations where China is ready to sell weapons for Oil (Instead of Cash)nobody else seems to care much for Made in China equipment......

Such high tech radars and no buyers???.....why is that....I mean the rate at which you guys spit out new missiles/planes/subs etc can only be matched by your reproduction rate.....

Amuse me......

Please stop, that was offensive. How can India look down on Africa, when it is in fact India that is the least-developed and most backwards country on earth? Half of the ENTIRE world's extreme poor is concentrated in India alone! Even nations like Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines are WAAAAY ahead of you guys (please Imports don't count!).

Amused now?! :police:

Please stop, that was offensive. How can India look down on Africa, when it is in fact India that is the least-developed and most backwards country on earth? Half of the ENTIRE world's extreme poor is concentrated in India alone! Even nations like Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines are WAAAAY ahead of you guys (please Imports don't count!).

Sino mate...don't let somebody else's posts affect your own judgment...no country should look down on any other country be it India or China...if you want to pretend that we are all poor then do so with your eyes closed...
there are 10 different economic indicators that I know of...you decide which one you want to base our economic development on...for the Chinese here on the forum...our being not as rich and armed as you makes us very poor...
let us post something about the IAF upgrade plan...it is irritating that people have started going off-topic every now and then...shchinese was served right.

Sino mate...don't let somebody else's posts affect your own judgment...no country should look down on any other country be it India or China...if you want to pretend that we are all poor then do so with your eyes closed...
there are 10 different economic indicators that I know of...you decide which one you want to base our economic development on...for the Chinese here on the forum...our being not as rich and armed as you makes us very poor...
let us post something about the IAF upgrade plan...it is irritating that people have started going off-topic every now and then...shchinese was served right.

Thing is, so many Indian members look down on Africans. You might not believe this, but Africa is more developed, higher intelligence, more peaceful, etc than most people are aware of. They've come a long way from sources of slaves. And with China's help and support they are progressing at lightning speed. That's why so many Europeans are envious of them, to see their former slaves ready to surpass them, and that is why they make all sorts of excuses to harm Africans (most of it is covert). Africa doesn't just have beautiful landscape, rich resources -- they also have a vibrant culture. Sure there are some areas where there are problems, like in Lagos, but they are united. The African Union is testimony to that.

I can understand why India wants to compare itself with China. But why must they view Chinese as evil enemies?! It is fine if IAF upgrades, but please don't do it with the mindset where it is already planned out to use these birds to attack China. It is acceptable to be prepared. But we should pick fights and create enemies! That is the most bizarre thing in the world!

who is going to sale you the 5th generation fighters?

Have you heard about PAK-FA???

yes, yes, YJ missiles, CJ-10, Type-99 tanks are all copied. but can I just ask what are the original names of those weapons? from where? india?

You didnt heard about the chinese scientists being arrested in US for leaking missile tech and nuclear tech to China??

Spy Fired from Los Alamos For Leaking Nuclear Secrets - The Tech
TIMELINE: Recent spy scandals involving China and U.S. | Reuters

We never rely on any russian made weapons. Have a look at the military parade we had yesterday, Su-30 simply didn't have the chance to be considered as a major weapon.

lols??wat about S-300 depolyed in tibet??even most of the aircrafts are copied from russian jets?? :tongue:

J-11BS is our answer to your Su-30 crap. you can cry hard as the layout of that aircraf is copied from russia, but engines, radars, missiles are all designed and made in China.

J-11 jets didn't even prove itself in a training exercise..how can you say it will take care of Su 30 MKI?? :lol:

you can ask your air force men to hold a banner and say "you are not allowed to shut down my aircraft using your J-11BS".

l:rofl: that what your airforce personal do in a war??well our airforce personal fight with what they have in their hand even if it is a superior force than them..:flame:

if Chinese subs are third class, then it would be interesting to ask the class of those indian subs. :smokin:

Well when time comes you will suerly know about it ;)

:smokin: no comment. typical brainwashed belief.

Look who is talking ??:blah:

:smokin: I don't watch/read anything from BBC regarding how fancy India is.

it is their intention for using india as a counter measure for china. to do that, they first make you believe you are qualified as such a counter measure.

no matter how you troll, the truth is given the current gap of economy and technology, whatever you order, we can build 3-4x more in China.

Look who's talking about trolling. Lol. Does this guy actually have a life? I think his only job is to be cynical and negative on this forum. IMHO he needs to be spanked hard by some Politburo member or general in the middle of Tianmen Square. Lol....

IAF enforcement along LAC not against China: Air Chief

Indian Air Force (IAF) chief P V Naik said on Wednesday that the upgradation of the air-field infrastructure along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) with China was not "adversary specific".

"....I have been trying to address this particular issue that our capabilities are not adversary specific. We are capability-based. We need to-- upgrade the existing air-field infrastructure in the East, long overdue. It is not adversary specific. It is long overdue.”

"We should have done it earlier. Now that we have got the go-ahead, we are going ahead with that," Naika TV channel.

The IAF is strengthening its air defence in Ladakh along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) with China by putting in place a series of special mountain and light-weight radars.

The Air chief also said the IAF is going to strengthen the runways whenever required, strengthen the existing infrastructure, in terms of accommodation and many other things which are required for modern aircraft.

"It also follows that we are going to base modern aircraft like the SU-30s there. That is also long overdue. The Eastern Air Command keeps crying-- give me SU-30s. So, we have based the modern aircraft over there. There are mountain radars which have been planned for Eastern and Western both sectors. So, all these things are to build a certain set of capabilities," he said.

IAF enforcement along LAC not against China: Air Chief

Sino...I dont think anything I said is offensive.....

The mention of African nations, does not refer to the people, more to the leadership in those nations who would sell their countries resources to China to support genocide and fill their insatiable greed for cheap weapons!! There is a difference between referring to a country and its people!!!

And please dont try to get defensive and change the topic.....

My reference to the African nations was meant to demonstrate their compromise on quality due to lack of resources.....which is why no country which is serious about its defence, except Pakistan buys Chinese weapons....Yet your countrymen boast about the "uber" weapons and the high technological base of your weapons....
China still seriously lags behind in arms exports and the low demand throws light on its quality as "cheapness" is not an issue with Chinese made products.....
Remember....China's arms industry is not one that is battle tested....That is yet to be seen!....that was all that I wanted to convey!!

Secondly, I would never amuse myself from someone else's misfortune.....I had very humble beginning in life, so I feel for others plight, but know what it takes to get ahead.....hence Im critical as well!!!

Mikoyan MiG-29K (Fulcrum-D ) made for India !

MiG-29K was Developed in the late 1980s by the Mikoyan design bureau from the MiG-29M.The programme was revived in the 1990s to meet an Indian requirement for a ship-borne fighter following the purchase of a former Soviet aircraft Carrier. It was first received by the Indian Navy in 2009.

The programme was revived in the 1990s to meet an Indian requirement for a ship-borne fighter following the purchase of a former Soviet aircraft Carrier. It was first received by the Indian Navy in 2009.

Improvements !

*The new engine features a 7% higher power in comparison to the baseline model due to the usage of modern materials on the cooled blades.

*It retains the length and maximum diameter while increasing afterburner thrust to 9,000 kgf and dry weight to 1,145 kg.

* It also contains systems that reduce its infrared and optical visibility.With special coatings MiG-29K radar reflecting surface is 4-5 times smaller than of basic MiG-29.

*Service life has been increased to 4,000 hours.

*large-area (42 m² vs 38 m²) folding wing, adjustable center-line air intakes with retractable screens protecting the engines during operation from ground airfields.

*reinforced landing gear, hook, corrosion- protected reinforced fuselage made specifically for deck-based aircraft.

*featuring a new multi-function radar.

*a cockpit with monochrome display and use of the HOTAS (hands-on-throttle-and-stick) principle.

*13 hardpoints (inclusive of the multi-lock bomb carriers)

* additional fuel tanks situated in dorsal spine fairing and wing LERXs, increased total fuel capacity by 50% comparing to first variant of MiG-29.

* updated 4-channel digital fly-by-wire flight control system.

*France's Sigma-95 GPS receiver and TopSight helmet-mounted targeting system the same developed for Dassault Rafale.

*Electronic Countermeasures (ECM) from Israel and the Indian Industry supplies the communications equipment.

Can you provide the source please?

Can you provide the source please?

Sorry Sancho ! I don't have a particular link, i collected the info randomly ! :confused: I can help you, On which specific info do you need more detail / citation ? :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom