What's new

Indian ACM wants Gripen over F16/70 for single enmgined mmrca

http://idrw.org/why-iaf-chief-wants-gripen-over-american-f-16-and-f-18/

Looks like Raha prefers the Swedish option over the F16/70

What ever decision is made india will induct LCA & ONE MORE SINGLE ENGINED fighter between 2019-2027

123 Tejas MK1/1A
View attachment 366684

And

120 F16 OR GRIPEN.
View attachment 366685

View attachment 366686

The argument of technical specs might go on while other things matter.

I took two American engineer out for dinner at a place in Stockholm one Friday evening late 1980s.
Since they had a flight late Saturday, I showed them around the city with my car for next days sight-seeing.
They were awestruck as we stopped at a red light and a couple of girls passed on the zebra crossing.

Just some "plain ordinary Swedish girls", I explained.

At the place for dinner (a discoteque) one of the guys had concentration problem,
because he did not face the wall...

We progressed into the bar, on the second floor.
On the wall of the other side, there was a workout movie showing Cindy Crawford
(Remember the was the 1980s).
One American had a brief look, leaned over and wispered while pointing at the video
- "plain ordinary Swedish girl" ....

Then he asked me for preferences in girl, and I replied that they should be blonde
but a very specific kind of blonde.
-What kind of blonde?
- There is noone around right now...

Half an hour later the perfect blonde girl appeared, and he tried to make contact with her.
She turned out to be taking English evening classes and was really interested in
getting some practice.

She moved very close and looked him straight in the eyes and after about 45 seconds of conversation,
she asked if she could move in and live with him...

That was the point, where he suffered a brain meltdown...

As we walked back to the hotel (without the girl), he had a nervous breakdown.
As he banged his head against a wall emitting primal screams he said:
- This was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen.

As we continued walking, he explained to me that they were using a multiphase approach
for the development of new products. At the end of each phase there was a "phase review"
A number of questions were asked and then a decision was made to either continue
to the next phase, stop the project or putting it on hold.

The most important phase review was end of phase 3, were a decision was made to start
development of a product.

- We are going to change the PH3 review so from now on, the most important
question is going to be - Will this take me to Sweden or not?

image.jpeg

So now You know why Gripen E has a top spot...

They signed for 36 rifles

Two squadrons to be delivered 2019 to 2022

So you are breaking us an inside news?
Its no secret.....deal was signed in September last year.

So bharti airforce is climing down from 2 engine to 1 engine policy, following PAF footsteps... as usual!

What's wrong with Mig?
Ignorance!! They are to replace single engined Migs... which are in numbers.

So bharti airforce is climing down from 2 engine to 1 engine policy, following PAF footsteps... as usual!

What's wrong with Mig?

Seriously, you never run out of humor. IAF is replacing a single engined interceptor with another single engined fighter. IAF does not classify these as air superiority fighters despite the ones getting reviewed are several blocks advanced than anything PAF Currently operates.

Last edited:
The argument of technical specs might go on while other things matter.

I took two American engineer out for dinner at a place in Stockholm one Friday evening late 1980s.
Since they had a flight late Saturday, I showed them around the city with my car for next days sight-seeing.
They were awestruck as we stopped at a red light and a couple of girls passed on the zebra crossing.

Just some "plain ordinary Swedish girls", I explained.

At the place for dinner (a discoteque) one of the guys had concentration problem,
because he did not face the wall...

We progressed into the bar, on the second floor.
On the wall of the other side, there was a workout movie showing Cindy Crawford
(Remember the was the 1980s).
One American had a brief look, leaned over and wispered while pointing at the video
- "plain ordinary Swedish girl" ....

Then he asked me for preferences in girl, and I replied that they should be blonde
but a very specific kind of blonde.
-What kind of blonde?
- There is noone around right now...

Half an hour later the perfect blonde girl appeared, and he tried to make contact with her.
She turned out to be taking English evening classes and was really interested in
getting some practice.

She moved very close and looked him straight in the eyes and after about 45 seconds of conversation,
she asked if she could move in and live with him...

That was the point, where he suffered a brain meltdown...

As we walked back to the hotel (without the girl), he had a nervous breakdown.
As he banged his head against a wall emitting primal screams he said:
- This was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen.

As we continued walking, he explained to me that they were using a multiphase approach
for the development of new products. At the end of each phase there was a "phase review"
A number of questions were asked and then a decision was made to either continue
to the next phase, stop the project or putting it on hold.

The most important phase review was end of phase 3, were a decision was made to start
development of a product.

- We are going to change the PH3 review so from now on, the most important
question is going to be - Will this take me to Sweden or not?

View attachment 366694

So now You know why Gripen E has a top spot...

F-16 Blk 70 wants to compete on all levels..
women-lindsay-ellingson-united-states-american-elegant-hd-wallpaper-142964441813.jpg

Why not just increase the numbers of Rafale or Su30MKI

Sir new policy is to have enough numbers, to face PAF 1:1 and to face 1/4th of PLAAF 1:1.When Strategic Review happens this year, this might be revealed.

So Rafales [Atleast 90 with the current investments ] and 2 addition squadrons of Su30MKIs are sure.

The Single Engine requirement is in addition to that .

Add 1 morePAFeason, squeeze out Pakistan from potential deals in the future.

It's pretty smart.

Nothing like that. India buying F16s will have " Zero "effect on PAF and their F16 plans.

i guess they signed for 32 Rafale recently

36 Rafales with Uprated Engines and other developments over the existing model.

They signed for 36 rifles

Two squadrons to be delivered 2019 to 2022

36 Will be divided into 3 squadrons of 12 each initially.

For those who ASK why is IAF looking at second single engine fighter over Tejas there are 3 reasons

1. India is looking at make in india of modern technoilogy this production line will allow absorbtion of nmew manufacturing technology
2. India needs 250 new fighters asap I like today BUY having two new fighters from 2 sources ie india & USA/SWEDEN they will get to 250 quivker
3. HAL can not deliver 250 lca tejas in 8-10 years

Think you got this wrong. There will actually be space for about 500 fighters (including making up for depleting force levels). Doesn't make sense to fill it with one model alone (if there is a weakness, it'll end up being replicated in all copies. So 250 LCA/ 250 other Single engined fighter.

What's wrong with Mig?
When you're trying to replace a single engined fighter like the Mig-21, it is obvious that IAF would look for a single engine and hence the Gripen or F-16 along with LCA

IF and I AM NOT certain that it will happen then by 2027

IAF will end up having

36 Rafales & 50 mirage2000/5 from france
270 SU30MKI & 60 mig29smt from Russia
123 Tejas/lca from india
120 gripen or f16/70

AND WHO KNOWS if FGFA comes as well

ITS WAY TOO MANY COMBAT TYPES

They should order the Rafale F3 & stick to LCA
t
I would totally agree with you. As there isn't any war like scenario blooming in the near future, IAF should order two more squadrons of Rafales and stick to the development of LCA Mk-1A & 2 and also take the assistance of the French in developing variants of Kaveri GTX which can be used in the LCA and AMCA as well. Inducting more platforms would only create a logistical nightmare and maintenance issues and relying on anything American like the F-16s would come with a lot of strings attached.

IF and I AM NOT certain that it will happen then by 2027

IAF will end up having

36 Rafales & 50 mirage2000/5 from france
270 SU30MKI & 60 mig29smt from Russia
123 Tejas/lca from india
120 gripen or f16/70

AND WHO KNOWS if FGFA comes as well

ITS WAY TOO MANY COMBAT TYPES

They should order the Rafale F3 & stick to LCA
t
At that time, China will have 500 plus J20, several hundred J31, 1000 J10b/c/d, 200 plus J16, 600 Plus J11b/d and numerous other fighters. India is not a rival at all. Not to mention if the growing force of Pakistan airforce, at least operate 60 plus FC31 at that time. You are overwhelmed, zero chance to win.

@BATMAN IAF is done, they can't compete with PLAAF.

Back
Top Bottom