What's new

India wins Olympic gold in javelin throw

Capt. Karnage

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra won a historic athletics gold medal to become India's second ever individual Olympic gold medallist after shooter Abhinav Bindra. Wrestler Bajrang Punia won a bronze as India equalled their best ever Olympic medal haul of 6 medals. Golfer Aditi Ashok narrowly missed out on a medal by finishing fourth in the women's individual Stroke Play. Stay with Times of India to get all the live updates on Olympics 2021, India Events at Tokyo Olympics, Results, Medal Table and more on Times of India

The Times of India | Aug 7, 2021, 17:53:57 IST

1628339682624.png

Kudos to Subedar Neeraj Chopra. Army gives the nation another great athelete.

Respect where its due. Anyone who wins a Medal should be acknowledged. The lad gave it his best & was rewarded for it.

Hopefully people in India won't just turn this into a Social Media trend & that it inspires others to follow in his footsteps

Not just in India but across the subcontient.
I'm not certain how well the others (Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka) have faired.

It is my belief that people should get inspired by their own.

Our Hockey Team needs to look at our past Hockey Teams for inspiration, rather than the Nation who wins Gold this year.

Yeah, it will be nice if we got proper sponsors like NBP back, as opposed to companies like Haier.

These Haryana people are literally the factory for India's medals at the Olympics in the most physically demanding sports such as wrestling and javelin throw
Yup, it has been updated. Congrats....

Haryana is known for wrestling and javelin throws within India. Im not surprised

good to see another asian country wins olympics gold in javelin. that's a first.

I'm not certain how well the others (Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka) have faired.

It is my belief that people should get inspired by their own.

Our Hockey Team needs to look at our past Hockey Teams for inspiration, rather than the Nation who wins Gold this year.

Yeah, it will be nice if we got proper sponsors like NBP back, as opposed to companies like Haier.

Bangladesh has a 18 member team which includes 12 officials and 6 athletes. So they basically went sight seeing and shopping paid by poor tax payers for participation trophy.

BTW congratulation to India on getting a gold.

Back
Top Bottom