What's new

India willing to invest at least $20b in Pakistan

MINK

Reaction score
Country
India
India willing to invest at least $20b in Pakistan

LAHORE: Indian investors have shown willingness to invest $20 billion to 50 billion in Pakistan’s mining, petroleum, energy, power and infrastructure projects. Pak-India Business Council (PIBC) Chairman Noor Muhammad Kasuri said that there are several big investors in India interested in exploring opportunities in Pakistan. Kasuri returned from India on Tuesday after a fortnight visit and having meetings with the Indian business community.
He added that the Indian private sector has also shown eagerness to export electricity to Pakistan through Wagah-Attari border and can lay electricity lines within months for this purpose. At the Nuclear Security Summit in March, India had formally offered Pakistan 5,000MW of electricity during a brief meeting between Indian Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh and Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani.
After enhancement in trade ties, opportunities for big projects like gas pipeline project between Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, Pakistan and India will further increase. He stated that access and acceptability for Pakistani products in Indian markets has been improved after recent initiatives to improve relations between both governments.
PIBC Chairman also examined that India has developed infrastructure in tourism, information technology, agriculture, business and industrial fields and Pakistan can take advantage from Indian experiences.
Moreover, Pakistani businessmen and industrialists should avail opportunities in this regard through hard work and honesty. PIBC has also suggested to governments of both the countries to establish joint industrial and economic zones.

‘India willing to invest at least $20b in Pakistan’ – The Express Tribune

we all know where that money will go :cheesy:

If Indians can invest in US and Europe then why not in Pakistan but hope it will not be another H1B scam

we all know where that money will go :cheesy:

exactly...building raw sleeper cells...rather..thank you very much

Good developement I would say.

It could have been better development, if Indian companies show interest in IP pipeline.

If Indians can invest in US and Europe then why not in Pakistan but hope it will not be another H1B scam

exactly...building raw sleeper cells...rather..thank you very much

If a private company of India invest in power/infrastructure company of Pakistan, how will money go to sleeper cells?
I am clueless.....................

i dont think this is a good decision.

india has already put aside 70 billion for investing in africa and another 15 bill in afghan that is fine is because investments there are in aquiring natural resources and other stuff that will deeply root us into their economy so we can stay there for long. moreover the investments there are done by indian government so the revenues are used in our development.

but pakistan should not be on our radar right now. because they dont have much economically viable natural resources. infact we should take the benefit of pakistan's non existent industrial base and make them dependent on our electricity and railways all other basic stuff which pakistan is finding hard to produce. we should not help them rebuild their industry like we r doing in africa and afghan. it will eventually prove bad for us. moreover i dont want money to be wasted until they have a stable environment to do buisness.

Why not, money is money, but nothing more, maybe some benign scientific research sharing at university levels too.
But no dependence what so ever, only if national projects a going on (i.e:electricity) and the temporary need to fulfil is urgent, than it can be a good and acceptable deal.

On the other hand Pakistan has a huge Muslim market to target in India with particular products, And other products for the general Indian population use.
Business is business, but no dependence will be allowed, since Pakistan will recover easily after the
implementation of the IP project, the whole world is open for business.

I think it's good that India is willing to invest in Pakistan, there are both benefits & drawbacks to this. The benefit being that Pakistan will have an increased number of jobs, more development of infrastructure, greater GDP, & very importantly transfer of knowledge & technology. It might even lead to a more peaceful coexistence since neither side would desire war with each other as that would put their investment at risk.

However the draw backs do need to be considered, some members mentioned RAW sleeper cells. I guess that can be taken care of by monitoring the source & destination of the investment, then again no security mechanism is fool proof. Pakistan's political instability at the moment & the level of terrorism should be an important point to take in to consideration by the Indian or any other investors.

In any case I hope that relations between our countries improve, using foreign investment as a method of improving ties might be a good idea.

I think it's good that India is willing to invest in Pakistan, there are both benefits & drawbacks to this. The benefit being that Pakistan will have an increased number of jobs, more development of infrastructure, greater GDP, & very importantly transfer of knowledge & technology. It might even lead to a more peaceful coexistence since neither side would desire war with each other as that would put their investment at risk.

However the draw backs do need to be considered, some members mentioned RAW sleeper cells. I guess that can be taken care of by monitoring the source & destination of the investment, then again no security mechanism is fool proof. Pakistan's political instability at the moment & the level of terrorism should be an important point to take in to consideration by the Indian or any other investors.

In any case I hope that relations between our countries improve, using foreign investment as a method of improving ties might be a good idea.

Also we have a distinctively separate Identity from mainland India and we risk a cultural invasion as our clergy domination have already disconnected us from Persian and Turkic neighbors which share a great deal of heritage with us...

Also we have a distinctively separate Identity from mainland India and we risk a cultural invasion as our clergy domination have already disconnected us from Persian and Turkic neighbors which share a great deal of heritage with us...

I agree, but I think a cultural invasion can be avoided. Honestly I think it depends upon the kinds of goods that are imported. For example Indian movies are more likely to affect our culture than lets say investment in the agricultural field.

are they crazy .. investing in pakistan... with no security.. no writ of government.. no independent judiciary ... no energy .. shortage of skilled manpower...

The Wrong Turn ... i am ok if we invest in Afghanistan as they are friendly to us but investing in an unstable country that is exporting terrorists in India... do they forget about kasab.. mumbai ... and where terrorists like hafiz saeed is a national hero.. :disagree::frown:

i dont care about terrorists as it is the thing of past but the unstability and the environment of the country is not suitable for doing any buisness.

afganistan is no different than pakistan .. but i dont mind India putting 15 billion $ more thr.. as they are friendly to India.. and dont use terrorism as a state policy ,,,

u have to see the nature of investment. in afghan we are building our own railway system and maybe soon even our port to ship iron. to protect our ppl we r taking our own army.

this is not possible in pak.

No.................Please don't do it. Is our govt/businessman fcuking out of mind?

are they crazy .. investing in pakistan... with no security.. no writ of government.. no independent judiciary ... no energy .. shortage of skilled manpower...

The Wrong Turn ... i am ok if we invest in Afghanistan as they are friendly to us but investing in an unstable country that is exporting terrorists in India... do they forget about kasab.. mumbai ... and where terrorists like hafiz saeed is a national hero.. :disagree::frown:
goshh!!! bhartis got attitude these days, no one is begging them to invest in Pakistan, jeeez

Back
Top Bottom