What's new

India will have 'super-supercomputer' by 2017

The Chinese have set their goals to take the US head on in all the fields - Military & space included
And it seems they are achieving their goals one after the other.
2050 and the top two slots belong to these 2 nations.

For example:

China now produces twice as many graduates a year as the US.

C_hixpBXsAExgU6.jpg:large

You are not a "typical" Indian posters. India will be a much more respected country if few hundred millions Indians can be this rational.

I have worked in Hong Kong, traveled to Shanghai, Singapore, Taiwan and what not.
I have close interaction with Chinese people who dig the well before they are thirsty.

so does many other countries, but they dont seem so deluded and ignroant about anything really

Most deluded people are chinese because they want to surpass US by copying US weapons and planes. They think that they will be able to make better weapon by copying their planes. China copied Su 33 and claim that chinese copy is better than that of original but their claim got busted
when chinese scientist expose their J 15.

I have worked in Hong Kong, traveled to Shanghai, Singapore, Taiwan and what not.
I have close interaction with Chinese people who dig the well before they are thirsty.

I have always wondering why many Indians choose to believe all these grandiose "Plans", in this case, a super-supercomputer that would beat what other major tech powerhouses are working on by 100 folds? Anyone with a basic knowledge about the state of HPC would dismiss such a story, and yet some seemly educated Indians would just buy it and brag about it as an achievement. Inadequate education? Lack of critical thinking? Delusion of Grandeur? Or as an Indian scholar put it "Open society with a closed mind"?

Anyone with a basic knowledge about the state of HPC would dismiss such a story, and yet some seemly educated Indians would just buy it and brag about it as an achievement. Inadequate education?

Agreed but who so ever does not have basic knowledge will disagree.

But if they don't have the basic knowledge, on what ground they are arguing? Merely for the pride?

Our achievements are such that if we say that we shall do this few years before we actually do it, people will not believe. Had we said that we shall launch 104 satellite on a single rocket, people would not have believed it. When we were denied super computer by US and we started making our own, some idiots reacted like that. Now when we say that we shall make an exa flop super computer, people say the same. When it will be launched, their mouth will shut. Till then, they have all the right to bluff whatever they want.

I have always wondering why many Indians choose to believe all these grandiose "Plans", in this case, a super-supercomputer that would beat what other major tech powerhouses are working on by 100 folds? Anyone with a basic knowledge about the state of HPC would dismiss such a story, and yet some seemly educated Indians would just buy it and brag about it as an achievement. Inadequate education? Lack of critical thinking? Delusion of Grandeur? Or as an Indian scholar put it "Open society with a closed mind"?

They just want to be one up.
But they don't have enough on their hands.
Its a classic case of all hat and no cattle type.

And in the process they collect bagful of negatives.

They just want to be one up.
But they don't have enough on their hands.
Its a classic case of all hat and no cattle type.

And in the process they collect bagful of negatives.
Really???

U are pretty describing every country in the world and every member on PDF that post threads here!!!... Where are u then something is achieved and yet you are all over the place when there is something remotely negative!

Isn't the same for your county ? ... the only difference i see is that they do a great job of covering the Negative!!!!

Hey @Bussard Ramjet , where are you when we needed you the most?
Can i trust you as a man with dignity to comment on this thread in a fair and square manner?

Well, I am busy these days.

Well what do you want to trust me on? If this is about this story, I called out this story right from the start.

Anybody who knows even a tiny bit of HPC knows that no 132 exaflops computer is coming online by 2017. In fact the first exa flop computer can come online only between 2020-2023. And India doesn't even have a plan for an exa flop computer.

I actually know a decent bit about HPC, and I even posted a video about India's plans for HPC here somewhere.

SO fast give up? Still has 7 months. Indian can still keep bragging for 7 months before proclaiming as crown(Clown). :enjoy:

There is no doubt Indian are king of bragger. The ridiculous story of Indian trying to build a exascale 132 supercomputer just prove that. :rofl:

But the thick skinned Indian will then claim supercomputer are useless. They are clocking fast speed just to play computer games and are just chest thumping numbers which has no strategic value.

Yes, maybe building hydrogen/ nuclear weapon and validate 5th gen fighter jet design are also considered useless and no strategic value? :enjoy:

Don't use the word Indian here.

Some idiotic journalists wrote sensationalist headlines to gain attention, and some fools with no knowledge of computers or HPC started quoting them.

I am an Indian, and I was the first one to deny the whole report completely.

Similarly, I can't meet even one person who knows even a small bit about HPC who would have fallen to this report.

Most deluded people are chinese because they want to surpass US by copying US weapons and planes. They think that they will be able to make better weapon by copying their planes. China copied Su 33 and claim that chinese copy is better than that of original but their claim got busted
when chinese scientist expose their J 15.

Like clockwork, here comes the "copy" and "steal" card. Next up, the Indians will say something about "freedom":laugh:

So this project was just some pipe dream after all? That's it? Might there still be a chance that it will be realized sometime this year?

Still we have more supercomputer than Germany,Korea,italy,n Russia which are more advanced in computer technology.

Still we have more supercomputer than Germany,Korea,italy,n Russia which are more advanced in computer technology.

Did you just pull that out of your ***? India is nowhere.

https://www.top500.org/lists/2016/11/

The 48th edition of the TOP500 list saw China and United States pacing each other for supercomputing supremacy. Both nations now claim 171 systems apiece in the latest rankings, accounting for two-thirds of the list. However, China has maintained its dominance at the top of the list with the same number 1 and 2 systems from six months ago: Sunway TaihuLight, at 93 petaflops, and Tianhe-2, at 34 petaflops. This latest edition of the TOP500 was announced Monday, November 14, at the SC16 conference in Salt Lake City, Utah.

After US and China, Germany claims the most systems with 32, followed by Japan with 27, France with 20, and the UK with 17. A year ago the US was the clear leader with 200 systems, while China had 108, Japan had 37, Germany had 33, and both France and the UK had 18.

Yes, Just after Chinese reached Mars with huge bang and launched 104 sats in one go.

India building a supercomputer juggernaut

What about your dream of reaching Mars and discovering water on moon?

Here is main contributor to your Chinese computer

Vinod Dham popularly known as the Pentium Engineer

BTW, can you publish name of 60 million chinese that died under serial killer MAO?

One difference I see between Chinese and Indians in recent years is that Indians are proud of their achievements and accomplishments in America. The CEO of Google and Microsoft are Indians. They are the internationally renown CEOs from India and they head famous American companies. So if Nadella is the famous Indian CEO, the equivalent famous Chinese CEO is Jack Ma.

Well, I am busy these days.

Well what do you want to trust me on? If this is about this story, I called out this story right from the start.

Anybody who knows even a tiny bit of HPC knows that no 132 exaflops computer is coming online by 2017. In fact the first exa flop computer can come online only between 2020-2023. And India doesn't even have a plan for an exa flop computer.

I actually know a decent bit about HPC, and I even posted a video about India's plans for HPC here somewhere.

Don't use the word Indian here.

Some idiotic journalists wrote sensationalist headlines to gain attention, and some fools with no knowledge of computers or HPC started quoting them.

I am an Indian, and I was the first one to deny the whole report completely.

Similarly, I can't meet even one person who knows even a small bit about HPC who would have fallen to this report.

By sticking with facts, you are going against the majority of Indian views in this forum. Does your countrymen ever regard you as a traitor?

Back
Top Bottom