What's new

India well on its way to becoming a $5 trillion economy by 2025

Should be more, it becomes $3 trillion at present value if rupee appreciates to its previous rates few years back. Even UPA3 could do $5 trillion. :)

Wrong mate. You wait and watch. INR will hit 71 as per my current calculations in few months.

Why exactly?

I thought Indian business confidence has been improving a lot lately?

Whole lot of durable purchase plans have either been shelved or postponed. So companies who have reduced their inventory levels in last year and a half would hesitate in ramping up the production just because a certain personality is heading the govt.

One month after the PM came to power $ was trading at ~ higher 58.x and now it is a tad above 63 ( despite the claimed reforms ) and if an indian is into currency trading, short the INR now will be my suggestion.

The local currency should already have traded ~65-67 but the perception is what has held it up to the current level.

Some similar snippets :

Rupee Challenge Likely for Jaitley, Rajan in 2015 - NDTVProfit.com

Last edited:

Last edited:
Whole lot of durable purchase plans have either been shelved or postponed. So companies who have reduced their inventory levels in last year and a half would hesitate in ramping up the production just because a certain personality is heading the govt.

One month after the PM came to power $ was trading at ~ higher 58.x and now it is a tad above 63 ( despite the claimed reforms ) and if an indian is into currency trading, short the $ now will be my suggestion.

The local currency should already have traded ~65-67 but the perception is what has held it up to the current level.

Some similar snippets :

That is why we implemented a lot of reforms through ordinance route.
Declining oil prices will increase our production ,reduce import costs and will increase exports.

One month after the PM came to power $ was trading at ~ higher 58.x and now it is a tad above 63 ( despite the claimed reforms ) and if an indian is into currency trading, short the $ now will be my suggestion.

Some similar snippets :

No this isn't just about the new man, the govt really is bringing in some spectacular reform, GST was unimaginably difficult until 5 months ago, now it's almost done. + investment flowing in big time, especially in infra. + Oil price drop has helped bring inflation down. I would love to have rupee trade cheap but I think it'll be lower 60s range soon.

That is why we implemented a lot of reforms through ordinance route.
Declining oil prices will increase our production ,reduce import costs and will increase exports.
Obviously bhakt don't understand ordinace route shows that the govt is weak not otherwise. bhakt thinks Modi using ordinance shows musle, power and charisma.

Even though we are a $10 trillion economy now, we are still a developing county with a low per capita income, and significant numbers of people in poverty. That's what happens when you have 1+ billion people.

India needs to speed up their economic growth.

Appreciating your currency can boost nominal GDP (and buying power) but it can also make your exports less competitive.

America can tolerate a high dollar because they have the world's reserve currency, but other countries are not so lucky.

Indeed this is only the beginning & from here our speed will only increase
& I have noticed that you have now stopped trolling on Indian threads

Even though we are a $10 trillion economy now, we are still a developing county with a low per capita income, and significant numbers of people in poverty. That's what happens when you have 1+ billion people.
What about China in 2025? Will it cross 15 trillion mark?

No this isn't just about the new man, the govt really is bringing in some spectacular reform, GST was unimaginably difficult until 5 months ago, now it's almost done. + investment flowing in big time, especially in infra. + Oil price drop has helped bring inflation down. I would love to have rupee trade cheap but I think it'll be lower 60s range soon.

Obviously bhakt don't understand ordinace route shows that the govt is weak not otherwise. bhakt thinks Modi using ordinance shows musle, power and charisma.
Then how do you purpose we implement these reforms the only real option is ordinance

I already mentioned you who is your bhakt in other thread ;).
So ordinance will become law in next Parliament session.
Any more Bhakt term would result in continus reporting.
I hope you can understan.

Wrong mate. You wait and watch. INR will hit 71 as per my current calculations in few months.

Some similar snippets :

I am talking about a period of 10 years, the economic mess created by UPA would be rectified by then. Things are already changing fast.

What about China in 2025? Will it cross 15 trillion mark?

China will topple US around 2020 as world largest economy and by 2025 they will have 20 trillion $ economy.
But anything can happens.
Now US showed 5% growth rate in this quarter .5% growth for an 18 trillion $ economy would create hurdles to Chinas Ambition.

Please provide some sources and links for these claims.

Also your calculations
It's backed by secondary data which is not available in public domain. Having said that, to ascertain the assertion of mine, you can google for news articles or interviews of some economists in the country who will also agree that goal post for $ value would be towards 65-67ish in coming months with trading ground between 62-64.

I am talking about a period of 10 years, the economic mess created by UPA would be rectified by then. Things are already changing fast.

Yes, not only indians themselves but world traders/economists are looking at indian economy to drive future growth as china's growth tapers off in next 10 years.

I suppose what the current regime has which the earlier one lacked was the tenacity to drive change which is a very good thing for highly bureaucratic country like India.

Happy new year btw :)

GST is not a panacea for the ills in the economy. Just the first step towards streamlining some vaguely defined regressive taxation laws in the country. There can still be supply side constraints.

Back
Top Bottom