What's new

India wants second line of fighter jets: Report

@dadeechi I saw your statement many time about F-16 ...Which version of F-16 you are talking about and how you are sure about it...As I know India will go for another 90 lethal French Beauty.

I guess they're mounting more pressure on dassault nothing more

This will be interesting to see which aircraft India chooses for this category...IMO It will go for something which is cheaper in price ( F-18SH?)

Why do I have a feeling an American jet might actually make it through?... Probably Rafale line is being discussed. Just all sorts of confused.

Why do I have a feeling an American jet might actually make it through?... Probably Rafale line is being discussed. Just all sorts of confused.
lol nothing is coming out clear. I personally feel 36+18 Rafales off the shelf and other 70-80 aircraft under make in India( F-18SH most probably)

@dadeechi Even I had shared your sentiment regarding MMRCA, but I guess you are saying F-16s while my version gives me F-18s with Super Carriers in mind over the next decades. Lets see what materializes.

Make Tejas fly first in operations, induct all Rafales in IAF colors and then talk about ambitions.

Yeyyy!!! Now we can spend another 12 years discussing about next MCRA..:cheers::victory::victory:

In addition to RAFALE MII, India would procure US F-16s
Did anyone actually read the article:

Delhi: India is keen on manufacturing a second line of fighters besides Tejas,

It doesn't say besides the Rafale. The groundwork is being laid for the Rafale MIII line for which Dassualt are already in advanced talks with Indian partners for- NO other OEM has been invited to do so, not Boeing, not LM.

LCA (first line- to be expanded to 25/year by 2020)
Rafale (second line)
MKI/FGFA (Nasik)
AMCA (third line in the long term)

End of story.

There will be no "MMRCA 2.0", that day has long passed, now the deal for 36 Rafales is done the only MMRCA India will induct is the Rafale.

and F-16s.

+ F-16s are coming and they are not competing against each other.
Nope, nope, nope and nope.

1) India was only interested in the F-18 offer, LM latched themselves on but no one on the Indian side has shown any interest in the F-16.
2) The American offer(s) were dismissed outright when it became apparent how little technical know how the US was offereing and the almost negligable industrial benefits that would come.
3) The F-16 would kill off the LCA, the GoI has publically backed the LCA and HAL are planning to crank up production to 25/year- the hopes of another single engined light fighter (Gripen or F-16) are DEAD.
4) The much hyped visit of SECDEF Carter culiminated (predictably) in absolutely nothing of substance- not even the watered down LSA.

I have a strange feeling one of the American birds will be selected, there is much behind the scenes talks.

F18 S/H might be the one

If they provide source codes, AESA and growler it might not be that bad but still prefer the Rafale.

I have a strange feeling one of the American birds will be selected, there is much behind the scenes talks.

F18 S/H might be the one
The American offers are offically dead, ask @PARIKRAMA if the American jet had any chance the Rafales wouldn't have been ordered. It's no coincidence that the week after SECDEF Carter left India talks entered their final stage with Dassualt for the Rafale. India pitted the Americans agaisnt the French to see who could present the better offer and the French won.

If they provide source codes, AESA and growler
Hahaha you're too funny bro :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
The American offers are offically dead, ask @PARIKRAMA if the American jet had any chance the Rafales wouldn't have been ordered. It's no coincidence that the week after SECDEF Carter left India talks entered their final stage with Dassualt for the Rafale. India pitted the Americans agaisnt the French to see who could present the better offer and the French one.

Hahaha you're too funny bro :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

So you think it's more a negotiation tactic? Makes sense... it would give us leverage in reducing the price which we done.

IAF will not buy a new fighter without the source codes and America are notoriously shifty in this. Even they first never allowed UK to obtain it for the F-35 until they eventually did so what chance we have?

So you think it's more a negotiation tactic? Makes sense... it would give us leverage in reducing the price which we done.
I know it bro, look at the sequence of events (F-18 offer said to be taken seriously, SECDEF visits, no deals/agreements signed, SECDEF leaves) and the outcome (a few days later the Rafale deal enters final stages and the cost issues is said to be addressed)and the GoI/BJP chest thumping about how much money they have saved the people of India).

I wonder how will Rafale square out against Chengdu J-20s. I pray that these are enough for 500+ fifth gen LO J-20. MKIs will have their hands full with Chinese Flankers.

@Taygibay

Back
Top Bottom