What's new

India wants Lanka visa fee reduced

Would love to visit Sri Lanka. Funny thing is, I was trying to book Sri Lanka for my honey moon later this year, but it's so accessible, my fiance thinks it's not a "foreign destination" :)).

For example……..

More direct flights between Kerala & Sri Lanka

Passenger ferry services between Kerala & Sri Lanka also expected to began soon

There are many other ways……

karala has been a terrorist hub in india with islamic fundamentalum growing at brisk pace..
i wonder has it anything to do with lanka or by pakistan through lanka...

karala has been a terrorist hub in india with islamic fundamentalum growing at brisk pace..

My Friend SpArk, Where are you?????

Please answer this kid…….

well...It doesn't happen in my universe. Can I get an invite into yours?

well...It doesn't happen in my universe. Can I get an invite into yours?

How did terrorism spread from Kashmir to Kerala? - India - DNA

Kerala: Now terror's own backyard in India - Rediff.com News

How SIMI resumed Kerala operations with ease - Rediff.com India News

Kerala: mobiles in jails hint at terror links - Simply South - Simply Kerala - ibnlive

IntelliBriefs: Jihadi Terrorism Training Camps in Kerala

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

and then the lankan pakistan link and and lankan link to karala..

means to say it's all coincident....

If you are an Indian First Learn to spell the word of one of your states properly..........
Ya all Keralites are Terrorist..........................

i wonder has it anything to do with lanka or by pakistan through lanka.../QUOTE]

Ya Muslims are 20 % of Keralite Population.................You cannot digest this Fact
Kerala has borders with Lanka and Pakistan..................

it seem we had been concentrating on mumbai too much and left the kerala coasts open...

it was first through nepal , then though bangladesh and now through lanka....

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

i wonder has it anything to do with lanka or by pakistan through lanka.../QUOTE]

Ya Muslims are 20 % of Keralite Population.................You cannot digest this Fact
Kerala has borders with Lanka and Pakistan..................

do pakistan has borders with nepal or bangladesh ..

it seem we had been concentrating on mumbai too much and left the kerala coasts open...

it was first through nepal , then though bangladesh and now through lanka....

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

do pakistan has borders with nepal or bangladesh ..

Why not Introduce Visa for People visiting India ...........
If people encroach from BD its failure of our machinery............

Why to :cry:

Kerala is one of the most peaceful states............

Sri Lanka opens Consulate office in Bangalore

Maintaining that both India and Sri Lanka were growing at a fast pace, the Sri Lankan High Commissioner to India Prasad Kariyawasam said efforts would be made to bring together businessmen of the two countries.

Inaugurating the office of Honorary Consul for Sri Lanka in Bangalore, he said it would work towards bringing together Indian and Sri Lankan businessmen and traders.

In this context, we have people from Karnataka to take part (in the process of building business partnerships) and we think it is a win-win situation," he said. Both India and Sri Lanka have been developing at a fast rate, he said.

Kariyawasam stressed on the importance of having closer interaction between the island nation and Karnataka in the field of trade, commerce and business.

"We think Sri Lanka and Karnataka must have closer interactions, and for that purpose we have opened the Consul office for Sri Lanka in Bangalore."

The commission of appointment of K. Sudhakar as Consul for Sri Lanka would be formally handed over to him at a function, he said.

Sri Lanka News | Sundayobserver.lk

Sri Lanka looks for tourism links with Goa

A cruise ship from Goa to Galle Or linking Goa and Galle under the 'twin cities' concept to share common threads of heritage Or promoting intra-regional tourism between Goa and Sri Lanka through joint ventures in tourism.

High commissioner of Sri Lanka in India, Prasad Kariyawasam stated that there is immense potential for promoting intra-regional tourism between Goa and Sri Lanka through joint ventures and initiatives at governmental and private sector levels.

Speaking on Monday at the International Centre, Goa, Dona Paula, on 'Quest for promoting tourism between Goa and Sri Lanka', he said, "Goa and Sri Lanka are the stuff that dreams are made of-not only beautiful but believable, and yet no real effort has been made so far to try to sell this dream jointly." Working together will help deliver this, he added.

Pointing out that both have "historical and religious ties, similarities and differences", he said investors and tour designers could tap the same to boost not just visits of Goans and Sri Lankans, but also travellers from the rest of India and foreign visitors.

Making a strong case for intra-regional tourism promotion, he said it can be a stepping stone for opening up both destinations for international visitors. "Taking that route will gradually strengthen the capacity within the region to develop better structures and institutions that deal with tourism," he said.

Considering the size of India, Kariyawasam felt that strengthening Sri Lanka's existing links with Goa was a better option. The inflow of tourists to Sri Lanka after 30 years of strife was huge and accommodation is falling short of the demand, he said. "While investment in resort hotels and boutique hotels is welcome, we also want to upgrade small hotels and rest houses and also construct large shopping malls, theme parks, and yacht marinas," said Kariyawasam.

The high commissioner said that the Sri Lanka tourism promotion bureau and Goa tourism could sign a memorandum of understanding and include initiatives for visits by medical personnel and travel writers.

Listing various possibilities, he said both could produce a guidebook jointly on Goa and Sri Lanka, publish an annual tourism events directory in advance to promote tour sales, and organize food festivals and cultural troupe exchanges.

Monday's programme was organized by ICG and International Centre for Excellence, New Delhi, in association with Goa Chamber of Commerce and Industry and Travel and Tourism Association of Goa.

Sri Lanka looks for tourism links with Goa - Times Of India

tourist can travel through air....

why there is too much emphasis on ship route by lankan side , exectly to whom the benifit is directed....

I am here in Colombo. tooooooo hot and everything closes by 7.00 PM. No girls around. Kinda bored. I am in world trade centre area

why there is too much emphasis on ship route by lankan side , exectly to whom the benifit is directed....

Ships are cheaper than air travel. Plus there is a facility to take your car with you on the ferry. Tourist spots from both sides will be the beneficiary.

Bcs its more romantic where the journey matters more than the destination.

Back
Top Bottom