What's new

India Wants Domestic Production of Pilatus Trainers

Ah this is getting sad hindustan can't even design and produce its own basic turboprop Trainer even Serbians can do it.

You are a think tank-analyst and you didn't know that-

India have been producing basic trainers since its independence and our first indigenous aircraft is HAL HT 2 (first flight in 1951).166 HT 2s were produced.

India has also developed its own jet trainer in the past-HAL HJT 16 Kiran (first flight in 1964).190 Kirans were produced.

HAL HPT 32 Deepak,has been in service since 1980s.

HAL has developed HTT 34, a Turboprop variant of HPT 32,but this was cancelled due to lack of official interest.

1097659M.jpg

And HTT 40,our latest turboprop trainer is in limbo,due to the same reason-lack of official interest.
And it is not impossible for us-For a country that can develop a modern 4+ gen fighter,it is cakewalk.

Though I Not to mention hal hjt-36 still not a successful product with 17th year under its belt compared to IA-63 Pampa.

And IA-63 Pampa is a successful aircraft? How many were made?Did you forget successful track record of Kiran ?

I wouldn't troll like you in non related Thread open another Thread.

Troll somewhere else, non is listening.
Just report hindustani trolls and don't get into convo with them.

Oh look who is talking :lol: .Indians are trolling in this thread ? And this is not considered as trolling,genius?

About 180m population on the otherside of the border try not to bring it in or people may post 60% are without toilets in hindustan, now stick to topic clown.

Where are the moderators now ? @Oscar @WebMaster

Reality is hindustani can't develop an "Efficient & modern" turboprop not even basic/intermediate Jet

Wow,'Think Tank-Analyst logic '-A turboprop trainer is more difficult to develop than a IJT and even a 4th generation fighter..:omghaha:

just like LCA yet it is not completed

LCA is in series production-And demonstrates our capability in designing a modern 4th generation (and soon 4.5 generation & carrier-based ) aircraft-with a composite air frame,all axis FBW,our own avionics.The IJT is in process of earning its FOC by December 2014.

Come back when your country has achieved anything close,you troll...!

Read my posts when the product is finished and in service than come tell me so far nothing, I am not in habit to repeat to you certain lot, you can't continue backing up your false claims. IA-63 is a successful product you don't have to produce 1000 of them to declare them successful they are efficient upgraded upto date modern machines.

kiran is not the topic it is old aircraft not modern not efficient at all. a basic-intermediate trainer jet still not ready after 17 years? you telling me it will get FOC in 2014 good but it is too late in such a time hindustan should have come with an advance trainer instead of BAE Hawks.

You lot are just moving in circles confused.

Read my posts when the product is finished and in service

You didn't even quote my posts,ran out of BS ?

you can't continue backing up your false claims.

Prove those are false claims,genius :omghaha:

IA-63 is a successful product you don't have to produce 1000 of them to declare them successful they are efficient upgraded upto date modern machines.

Yeah right,mean while HAL Kiran,which served IAF,IN for 4 decades,is not successful ?

kiran is not the topic it is old aircraft not modern not efficient at all.

It was designed in the 1960s,How on earth can it be modern?And it was efficient when compared to its contemporaries back in the'60s .

a basic-intermediate trainer jet still not ready after 17 years? you telling me it will get FOC in 2014 good but it is too late in such a time hindustan should have come with an advance trainer instead of BAE Hawks.

Funding came in 1999,There was a change in the engines and there was a 2 year delay in supply of AL 55 egines

Advanced trainer project was on the drawing board-Again cancelled due to lack of interest.

You are merely trying to troll here.

Last edited:
Read my posts when the product is finished and in service than come tell me so far nothing, I am not in habit to repeat to you certain lot, you can't continue backing up your false claims. IA-63 is a successful product you don't have to produce 1000 of them to declare them successful they are efficient upgraded upto date modern machines.

kiran is not the topic it is old aircraft not modern not efficient at all. a basic-intermediate trainer jet still not ready after 17 years? you telling me it will get FOC in 2014 good but it is too late in such a time hindustan should have come with an advance trainer instead of BAE Hawks.

BTW, for your knowledge, Turbo pop is old technology and Jet is new technology. So all turbo pop plane made is based on WW-II based technology and only people who don't know what new age technology is called turbo pop a new technology.Moreover , As per you asking, India can make Turbo pop trainer, when that maid it was with latest technology. and Now India can made again .

India made only if economic required and if easily available from other then no need to make.

Wow that's great!!!

HAL HPT-32 Deepak is a turboprop!!! Even HAL Didnt knew that...!!!

Do you even know that ' P ' in ' HPT ' stands for ' piston ' ?
The knowledge of PDF's blah blah blah

Both glsv and Alfa members, you might re-check again, you guys are mixing it up I have discussed both category aircrafts but I am not interested in discussing hindustani old basic trainer. Again you are bringing in obsolete failed inefficient aircraft. "older turboprop referred/meant was that deepak trainer either you can take it literally as whole aircraft or engine" both cases it is outdated.

For example I shall give you the first lines of Tai Hurkus Trainer from your beloved wikipedia.

The TAI Hurkus is a tandem two-seat, low wing, single engine, turboprop aircraft being developed by Turkish Aerospace industries (TAI) as a new basic trainer and ground attack aircraft for the Turkish Air Force.

Read above what I referred to I'm on spot correct.

Turboprop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You want to get insulated read this.

HAL HPT-32 Deepak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Both glsv and Alfa members, you might re-check again, you guys are mixing it up I have discussed both category aircrafts but I am not interested in discussing hindustani old basic trainer. Again you are bringing in obsolete failed inefficient aircraft. "older turboprop referred/meant was that deepak trainer either you can take it literally as whole aircraft or engine" both cases it is outdated.

For example I shall give you the first lines of Tai Hurkus Trainer from your beloved wikipedia.

Read above what I referred to I'm on spot correct.

Turboprop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh well,Obsolete failed inefficient aircraft ?
Obselete ? Yes-because both Kiran&Deepak are of 1960s/70's vintage.
Failed ? No-Because they were made in large numbers(190 Kirans,142 Deepaks),and was in service for decades.
Inefficient? No-It was at par with its contemporaries,and IAf or IN would not probabily accept one

"older turboprop referred/meant was that deepak trainer either you can take it literally as whole aircraft or engine" both cases it is outdated.

Deepak is not a 'turboprop' aircraft.So the neither the aircraft nor its engines can be referred as a 'turboprop'.

And doesn't Pakistan use same 'outdated' IO 540 engines on Super Mushak ?

Last edited:
You people are still circling confused trying to convince that all is well old aircraft was wonderful miracle and new indigenous basic piston/turboprop and jet trainers are where? no where.

hpt-32 failed inefficient poor performance basic trainer outdated grounded maybe 6-8 are serving.
hpt-34 again failed tried to be soupedup product that's another story by you people that airforce/hal were not interested nothing revolutionary efficient.
hjt-36 design initial 1997, today 2014 project on going not completed 2-3 airframes in testing, total 17 years..

As simple as what I have posted, airforce is showing reluctance because HAL can't come up with satisfactory products or brings it too late.

You want to continue to convince your country mates do so I proven it right keep on wasting your time...any other posts of yours won't change it..over and out mission complete.:agree:

You people are still circling confused trying to convince that all is well old aircraft was wonderful miracle and new indigenous basic piston/turboprop and jet trainers are where? no where.

hpt-32 failed inefficient poor performance basic trainer outdated grounded maybe 6-8 are serving.

hpt-34 again failed tried to be soupedup product that's another story by you people that airforce/hal were not interested nothing revolutionary efficient.

hjt-36 design initial 1997, today 2014 project on going not completed 2-3 airframes in testing, total 17 years..

As simple as what I have posted, airforce is showing reluctance because HAL can't come up with satisfactory products or brings it too late.

You want to continue to convince your country mates do so I proven it right keep on wasting your time...any other posts of yours won't change it..over and out mission complete.:agree:

Still crying?

HPT is outdated 70s vintage aircraft,HPT 34 had superior performance but this was in cash starved '80s

HJT 36 is up for FOC in december 2014.As for Turboprop trainers,we have far important projects to complete-LCA mk2,LCH,LUH,MRTA etc

What exactly do you mean by 'outdated' as far as basic trainers are concerned? They are needed to train pilots in the basics of aviation and in exposing them to certain flight manoevers and protocols. WHY do they have to be cutting edge in technology??

Too much BS from a Think Tank. Didn't expect this. :sick:

Really, A Think Tank has his pants stripped in his own turf.:omghaha:

Back
Top Bottom