What's new

India, US may make fourth generation Javelins

The article itself indicates the ideal solution - that India gets full ToT on 3rd gen javelin and begins producing them (maybe with a small off the shelf purchase as well), and then jointly develops 4th gen javelin with the US.
IMHO this is what would be by far the most ideal solution for the IA and Indian industries. But for some reason the Spike is still in the running so perhaps this is the MoD playing chicken with the Yanks on the ToT issue? I don't know why else the MoD would still be entertaining both products/companies.

IMHO this is what would be by far the most ideal solution for the IA and Indian industries. But for some reason the Spike is still in the running so perhaps this is the MoD playing chicken with the Yanks on the ToT issue? I don't know why else the MoD would still be entertaining both products/companies.

I like to call them the ministry of indecision.

- Firstly there isnt much difference between both systems.
- secondly Israel is tested during Kargil. Uncle sam is not known for that
- possibility of further improvement and next gen develpoment is high with Israel that why US is offering next gen JV.
- JV with Israel on SAMs is going well. So we have trusted partner again.

Decision will swing if and only if Javelin add something that Spike wont.

There is another problem.When US starts fifth generation fighter aircraft program they receive fund from other NATO countries with an agreement so that they also get that 5th gen jets.But first jet developed by US is F22 raptor.,and when they realise F22 incredible application in strategic condition,
They develop a law ,so F22 cant export,insted they developed F-35.In any case F -35 is less capable than F-22.I am not saying these agreement also become like that.But after all USA is superpower and
we know very well about our politicians and bureacrats .A.K Antony may better but his sucessor we cant predict that.

There is another problem.When US starts fifth generation fighter aircraft program they receive fund from other NATO countries with an agreement so that they also get that 5th gen jets.But first jet developed by US is F22 raptor.,and when they realise F22 incredible application in strategic condition,
They develop a law ,so F22 cant export,insted they developed F-35.In any case F -35 is less capable than F-22.I am not saying these agreement also become like that.But after all USA is superpower and
we know very well about our politicians and bureacrats .A.K Antony may better but his sucessor we cant predict that.

The F-22 was completely developed by US companies, with no financial assistance from other NATO countries. It was the F-35 that had work and money share from other countries.

Please tell me where you read that they received funds from other countries for the F-22 program.

I don't know why people make up these stories about bad faith behaviour by the USA.

But F22 is inducted and F35 is still in cost overruns but not come near to the F22 in the terms of capabilities .Any way if it is happens then it s good for India .Because ATGM is our only hope in Himalayan mountains against China ,because they can field tanks in Tibetan plateau.But we cant use tank in that area.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom